PDA

View Full Version : DLR during Easter break?

kdsjjb
11-27-2007, 10:20 AM
DW and I are thinking of a family trip (Me,DW,DS17, DD13, DS10) to sunny Claifornia March 20-30 2008. As we live in Jersey, it is most likely that this will be a once and only trip to the west coast, so we are going to try to squeeze in a bunch of things. Naturally, we would like to visit DLR, and we were thinking that three days would be good.

Now, we would never even consider doing WDW during the Easter break, but I'm wondering if DLR gets as crazy crowded. I've read the trip planning forum, but I'd like to get some real world first hand advice.

I want our time in the parks to be as enjoyable as possible since this will be a one shot deal, so am I crazy for even thinking about visiting DLR over Easter? We would have some flex in our schedule, so we could set it up to hit DLR at the beginning, middle,or end of the stay.

Can anybody offer any insight.

Thanks! :rocks:

mook3y
11-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Ok, IMHO here is how I see it from what you said.

Left hand: Don't see DLR - possibly ever.

Right hand: See DLR with many many other people.

My right hand shoots up! :D

Yes it is going to be very busy. I would really try to avoid going on Easter day, but it is extremely busy that whole week.

Sounds like you are a WDW pro, so just use the fast passes to your advantage. Parade times are a good time to get on the high traffic rides with minimal waits.

Visit pirates of the caribbean and jungle cruise in the evening, they typically have very short waits then.

first thing in the morning try to be there when it opens and hit the E-ticket rides asap.

If you are staying on property take advantage of getting in early.

I would suggest 2 days at DLR and 1 at CA.

I certainly would go and deal with the crowds if I had never been before.

Hope this helps.

NotaGeek
11-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Hey there ... why even contemplate it? GO to DISNEYLAND! Easter is busy, but more so because it's the same time as Spring Break. If you plan your trip with a Monday-Thursday (keeping in mind you HAVE to see fireworks and they normally only run Friday-Sunday) as the majority of your days, you will be fine. You can check our GUIDE (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115765) with descriptions of the months and crowds estimates for ideas.

BrerGnat
11-29-2007, 05:44 PM
If this helps at all, the local schools (most of LA Unified and the Orange County schools) are on break April 7-11, so it might not be TOO bad on those days at the end of March you plan to go.

It will be crowded, but to be honest, it's not as bad as it is during the summer. I think WDW gets hit harder during spring break time for sure.