PDA

View Full Version : Best at Cali Grill??

brown1442
11-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Any suggestions for what to try at Cali Grill?? Whats your favs... or something you could have done without?? Just looking for pointers from the pros :mickey:

thejens
11-26-2007, 09:42 PM
I've never had anything bad. I LOVE CG. My very favorite is the fois gras appetizer. I dream about it all year. We also love the cheese plate appetizer. I don't remember the rest of the menu as well but my family loved the filet, flat bread, some kind of fish???, and the desserts too. Even the kid's meals were extra special. I think my ideal meal there would be the two appetizers a glass of wine and dessert!

SBETigg
11-26-2007, 09:43 PM
I was there in August. Here was my review:

California Grill (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=114779)

Everything was amazing and I don't think you could go wrong. If you like sushi, theirs was really outstanding. The cheese plate was also pretty spectacular. Enjoy!

Tigger&Stitch
11-26-2007, 10:02 PM
I had the BEST dessert of my entire life there - the chocolate/rasberry something or other (should have looked up the official name!) It's a molten cake - the kind with the liquid centre. I was already 3/4 full when the dessert came, but I insisted on eating at least half of it anyway! I was almost sick, :ack: but it was SO worth it! :blush:

I also had a sushi roll for the appetizer - a bit too big, honestly, as I had a full entree after that as well.

Just make sure you save room for dessert! Other than that, I don't think you can go wrong with the menu.

ElenitaB
11-26-2007, 10:30 PM
I've been there three times and every time I've had the Sonoma goat cheese ravioli... it's amazing! Though I do think that next time I'm going to have to break tradition and try their sushi.

dolphinmickey9170
11-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I have to recommend the filet mignon!!!!!!! The teriyaki bbq sauce is awesome. The tomatoe soup appetizer was so delicious!! Everything was fantabulous!:tasty:

Natazu
11-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli. nuff said

ch077833
11-27-2007, 12:23 AM
I have to throw my hat in for the Sonoma goat cheese ravioli as a favorite first course and add that I love, love, love the pork loin with polenta as an entrée.

-Cheryl

mrsgaribaldi
11-27-2007, 02:58 AM
The pork tenderloin or the beef filet as the entree and the cheese flatbread as the appetizer:mickey:

Kairi_7378
11-27-2007, 05:59 AM
There's a reason that the pork tenderloin and the goat cheese ravioli have been on the menu ever since CA Grill opened. Both are superb. CA Grill has excellent sushi. DH and I have had the spicy sensation and the Yoshe deluxe platters. The cheese plate is a wonderful appetizer or dessert (for dessert, try it with the South African dessert wine.) We haven't tried a wine that we haven't liked there.
I guess that after all of this rambling I want to say that you can't go wrong at this restaurant. (I can't describe the CA Grill better than Sherri does in her August review!) The menu changes frequently to reflect seasonal ingredients, so you may have something completely different to choose from when you go. Enjoy your trip!

ErinElectronaut
11-29-2007, 08:06 AM
They have the best sushi!! :thumbsup:

And probably one of the best molten chocolate cakes I've ever had... and I've had my fair share of molten chocolate cakes.

Their flatbreads are never a disappointment either.

Good stuff! :tasty:

SurferStitch
11-29-2007, 10:20 AM
I love the Sonoma goat cheese ravioli. DH and I also split a flatbread, and every one we've ever had was incredible. DH likes to try a different appetizer each time we visit, so I don't know his favorite.

For the main course, I love to get the filet. I wish they still had the tamarind bbq sauce, but the teriyaki sounds good, too. Also, if they have scallops on the menu, I usually go that route (although it's hard to skip the filet). The menu changes often, so they aren't always available.

Their desserts are to die for. Anything chocolate is for me!

Crow
11-29-2007, 08:59 PM
the sushi! best ive had! ive tried 2 diff ones.
the cheese was good for desert. as was the banana one
in fact i liked the sushi better than the entrees i think.
pork tenderloing once & buffalo the other time. they were good just the sushi was amazing.