PDA

View Full Version : Waitlist question

tundramom
11-26-2007, 08:28 PM
We have only used our DVC at our home resort but would like to branch out now. Tell me if my thought process is correct please. We are doing the 4 day Wonder in early Oct. (already booked/paid) and want to book 5 nights on land after we return. I can currently book at home (SSR) and then at my 7 month window can I change that to BC (assuming availability). My original booking would be fewer points than my "goal" booking so no banking to worry about. Is this correct? Do I tell them ahead of time this is my goal? I just want to be sure to have a place to stay when we get in. Thanks:mickey:

dlpmikki
11-27-2007, 02:14 AM
You are doing it exactly right. Make sure you have somewhere booked and then change at 7 months if you can.

The Epcot resorts are going to be busy in october because of the Food and Wine Festival but it is worth trying for. If you are willing to risk the need to swap resorts part way through your trip you could ring up each day at the 7 Month point and try to transfer one day at a time. Fine if you get them but may find that one or more days not available but it should give a slightly better chance than waiting till 7 months from the last day.