PDA

View Full Version : ADRs for a big group?

fanofdisney
11-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Is it difficult to get ADRs for a party of 11? Also, are there some restaurants that are better able to seat larger groups? A couple that come to mind are 'Ohana and possibly LeCellier. Any other recommendations?
Thank you.

WonderlandsMostWanted
11-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Try Teppan Edo. I think their tables seat 12 (perhaps someone who's been there more recently can clarify) and it would be a great place for a large group!

ThanxForNoticin
11-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Nothing is for certain, but we've had great experiences with larger groups (as large as 20) at 'OHana, Boma, Portabello Yacht Club, and Teppanyaki (now Teppan Edo). We were able to sit at the same table (or in the case of Teppanyaki - in the same room next to each other at 2 tables). Good luck - it can be a lot of fun with that many people.

JPL
11-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Often with large groups the tables are split. You might even be across the room from each other or even a different room depending on the restaurant in a worse case scenario. It really depends on the time of day and how busy they are.

Anborn
11-26-2007, 02:25 PM
I was at DW 3 weeks ago now, and for 2 of our 5 day trip, we had a party of 11. During that time we ate at tony's restaurant on mainstreet at MK (7:30p), and the 50s diner in MGM (1:30p lunch). Both just pushed tables together to fit us all. we also had 8-9 ppl ADRs at lecellier (2:30p) and trois chef (9pm) and liberty tree (2p). during the trip. the biggest problem we had was we were all on the dining plan and with appetizers+breadplates+entrees, there was little/no tablespace for anything else. :) there are worse problems to have, thats for sure.

we did have to "scavange" for those ADRs even making them 2 months in advance.

irish1967
11-26-2007, 05:24 PM
We usually have larger parties (11 and up) and do not go during "free dining" times.

The worst we have ever experienced is being split up between two tables and every time they have been right next to each other.

wedway fan
11-26-2007, 05:59 PM
made ADR's for our april magic gathering last month- we'll have 11 total (6 adults and 5 kids) and for only one meal did i have to split us up. (that was the first night, at kona cafe). we opted for mostly family friendly places like chef mickey's, ohana, liberty tree tavern, and whispering canyon, but also had no problem with ADRs at le cellier or rose & crown.

ADR's on paper are one thing, we'll see in april how this all plays out in reality.

Cinderelley
11-27-2007, 12:56 AM
With my family reunion trip, we ate together at O'hana, Hollywood & Vine, Liberty Tree Tavern, 1900 Park Fare & Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Jared
11-27-2007, 01:03 AM
All the character meals are especially fun with a large group. In October, I had dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern with a party of nine, and everybody had a wonderful time. The characters really seem to react well to big parties.

:tasty:

Cinderelley
11-27-2007, 12:39 PM
I've also seen Mama Melrose put tables together to accommodate a large group.

amorillo
11-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Try Teppan Edo. I think their tables seat 12 (perhaps someone who's been there more recently can clarify) and it would be a great place for a large group!

Haven't been there since the rehab. But I believe that the tables only seat 8. We'll be there in February with a party of 11 and were told we'd be split between two tables.