PDA

View Full Version : Unusual...

wizardmickey
11-26-2007, 01:17 AM
... adventures of Turkey Day!
I've intimated that my week/Holidays were unusual for me at least, but may seem normal to others.
I got off work Wednesday and we drove for an hour to Christy's parents house. We stayed the night and the next day helped get stuff ready for her brother & his family to arrive. She had mentioned to her Dad how much fun she had destroying me at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters & the Shooting Gallery, so while we were doing other things he set up a shooting gallery outside for us to test our skills. Mind you, I've never shot a real gun before!
In the meantime, I was tasked with gathering wood for the bonfire that night. This entails hooking up a little wagon to the back of their 4-wheeler and going out to the horse parture. Christy's brother decided he wanted to ride in the wagon and urged me to try to toss him out... so I tried! We darn near tore the littl wagon up and he nearly fle out twice, but all went well and we made 2 wood runs for the fire.
We ate.
We shot guns... I actually wasn't too bad.
We ate some more.
I took some pictures of their street rods to show the band.
We rode 4-wheelers some more.
Then we built the fire, and I played guitar and sang until it started to rain, so we moved to the porch where I continued to play and we all sang. Christy's 81 year old Grandma came out with her harmonica and together we played "Swanee River", "Amazing Grace" and most of "Down int he Valley" before she ran out of air.
Next day we ate more and drove home so I could DJ a party at the hospital for the patients (yes, I also do DJ work!) Christy had picked up my oldest niece to stay with us, and we all started the task of decorating the house. The score so far is: Kitchen - a Chrismon Tree, Foyer - a Disney Tree, Living Room - a Santa/natural Tree. plus some odds & ends stuff on mantel & fro chandelier. Had it not rained so much we would have put up the Tiki Tree outside the Guest House... but that will wait.
Next day we putzed around and then met the band and their wives to go bowling & eat Mexican food. Please don't ask how well I bowl... I will say it was band against wives for 2 rounds, and it's a tie for now! We then dropped my niece off with her Mom and have spent the rest of the rainy weekend watching football, goofing off, making RELIX T-Shirts, packaging gifts for family to go in mail, and not much else.
I know, not that unusual, but for a former beach/mountain/city boy like me, it was a bit more redneck thatn I'm used to!!!

chrisb26
11-26-2007, 04:19 PM
wow Ice your a man of unlimited talents you play insturments, sing, DJ, shoot guns, almost fling people out of wagons, Bowl (don't worry im not good either ;)). Is there anything you can't do?

Sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
11-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Wow Ice you are lucky you had a fun Thanksgiving! Mine was pretty boring :P If you ever make a book on how to have fun on Thanksgiving, I'll be sure to buy it! :D

wizardmickey
11-26-2007, 10:46 PM
chrisb26; wow Ice your a man of unlimited talents you play insturments, sing, DJ, shoot guns, almost fling people out of wagons, Bowl (don't worry im not good either ). Is there anything you can't do?
1) Play Instruments: Yup
2) Sing: Yup
3) DJ: Yup
4) Shoot Guns: Well, I hit the target, although not exactly where I was aiming, so that's a Nope
5) Fling People out of Wagons: I tried, really! But he held on!!! So again, Nope
6) Bowl: Ain't going there!!!
Anything I can't do? Sure, plenty! But if told ya the other things I can and can't do, your opinion of me might be altered. :thumbsup:

JPL
11-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Well one thing we know he can't/shouldn't do is use power tools ;)

I do have a questions how many yeehaws during those 2 days ;)

RenDuran
11-27-2007, 09:21 AM
it was a bit more redneck thatn I'm used to!!!

And I thought this area was redneck! I had fun reading about your weekend!

wizardmickey
11-27-2007, 10:59 PM
JPL: "I do have a questions how many yeehaws during those 2 days?"
Y'know, I don't recall hearing any! But I will say that my brother-in-law screams like a little girl when being tossed around in the back of the wagon while I drag him all over the place with that 4-wheeler!

And correct, add Power Tools to my list of things I can't (and shouldn't) do!