PDA

View Full Version : limitations with DDP??

brown1442
11-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Are there any limitations to what you can order at partcipating restaurants with the DDP?? Like certain menu items may not be included or anything like that??

kakn7294
11-26-2007, 02:02 AM
No alcoholic beverages and in some cases you cannot order the specialty drinks - in August it was the Pirate punch. I have not run across it but I heard that there are certain appetizers that you cannot get although with the changes to the DDP occurring in Jan, that's not an issue anymore. Your server should tell you what would not be included.

Figment!
11-26-2007, 08:31 AM
From Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180)
Q: Do Table Service and Counter Service locations have a special menu or exclude certain items from the plan?

A: There are no separate menus for the Disney Dining Plan, but individual locations do control what items are excluded from the plan. Although exclusions are generally minor, most regularly exclude the following items:

Merchandise and Photo Imaging
Pizza delivery
In-room mini-bars
Souvenir or refillable drink mugs
Glow Ice Cube Drinks
Alcoholic Drinks
Specialty Non-Alcoholic Drinks
Entrée "add-on"
Sampler Platters

Individual locations can vary what is excluded from the plan from seating to seating, so Guests are encouraged to check with their server prior to ordering for items excluded from the plan at their time of meal.

Q: What types of items are excluded from the Disney Dining Plan at Snack Locations?

A: Generally speaking, items priced over $4.00 will not count as a Snack Item on the Disney Dining Plan.

See INTERCOT Snack Items Exclusion Listing (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1153469&postcount=8)for an Unofficial Listing of Disney Dining Plan Snack Item Exclusions.

Mackflava99
11-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Are there changes in DDP in 2008? Does anyone know what they are?

Taja
11-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Are there changes in DDP in 2008? Does anyone know what they are?

I'm sure there are several threads--and there may be a sticky at the top of the forum--on this subject.

The two changes I recall are appetizers and gratuities have been eliminated. There may be others.

DizneyRox
11-27-2007, 02:02 PM
There are no restrictions on the DDP, it all just how much you want to pay out of pocket. You get the same menu regardless (much to the dismay of customers paying with cash) and you are free to order what you want. The bill will reflect what can not be covered with your dining credits.