PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Belle_Wannabe
11-25-2007, 09:00 PM
My family is leaving for WDW on Dec. 15 and we are going to MVMCP for the very first time on Tuesday Dec. 18. We're all really excited because we've never been to WDW at Christmas before. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for seeing everything at MVMCP or any favorite shows that we shouldn't miss. Any favorite memories?:mickey:

wedway76
11-25-2007, 09:14 PM
You have to see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights at MGM!

I would also check the schedule of shows and parades during MVMCP. We usually aren’t show and parade people, but the holiday shows were great.

CaptSmee
11-25-2007, 11:25 PM
The parade is excellent, as are the fireworks. I am going to the party the week before you and plan on seeing the shows as early as possible, taking in a few rides until the fireworks, watch the later parade and catch a few more rides before the parks close. The 2nd parade seems less crowded than the earlier one. Hope you have a great time!

illini
11-26-2007, 01:16 PM
I just dug out my program from MVMCP. Here's the schedule.

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
8:15 and 10:30

Holiday Wishes 9:30

Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas
7, 8, 9, 10:15, 11:15

Celebrate the Season (Castle Forecourt)
7:45, 10:05, 11:30

Belle's Enchanted Christmas (Fairytale Garden)
7:15, 8:10, 10, 11:15

Dance Parties-- Ongoing
Santa-- Ongoing

People were staked out REALLY early for the 8:15 parade. I recommend hitting the 10:30 one. We got great seats in Frontierland just moments before it started. We did rides and the parties first, up until Wishes. Saw that, then did the Celebrate the Season, then the parade. Very little downtime-- worked like a charm. We did the Night Before Christmas show at 11:15, but kids got bored and we walked out. That timing worked well, too, though. I know that the 8 & 9 pm shows were full early, but we walked in at 11:12 and got seats about 2/3 of the way back. Perfect.

MrsDevlin2007
12-09-2007, 04:42 PM
As far as the MVMCP, I would suggest doing the 2nd parade at 10:30 and watching from the train station on Main Street. It looks out on to Main Street and because people are busy doing other things, you have time to get up there and get a spot. We had an amazing time. :)

MrPeetrie
12-09-2007, 10:28 PM
I know many suggest seeing the 10:30 MVMCP parade, and it probably makes more sense from a logistics stand point. But for me, nothing is more magical than the parade at 8:15. My advice is to arrive at 7:00 p.m., do a little shopping, get some hot chocolate and a treat at the bakery and stake out a location on Main Street. Trust me. This will be the most magical moment of the night.

Afterwards, head to Tomorrowland, grab some free cookies and hot chocolate and see the show. Have fun!!

PirateLover
12-10-2007, 12:32 AM
You MUST see the Once Upon A Christmastime Parade. The music is so infectious, I couldn't get it out of my head the entire week. We had excellent "curb side" seats in frontierland across from the shooting arcade for the 10:30 parade about 15 mins prior. People stake out Main Street super early, and to me it's a waste. You are paying extra $$ to enjoy the atmosphere. I like getting pictures with special characters, seeing the shows and hopping on rides etc. I don't like wasting an hour+ for a parade when I don't have to. :twocents:

SoaringEpcot
12-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Get to the shows early. They fill up fast and they only have limited standing room.