PDA

View Full Version : Rand University???????

pdrlkr
11-25-2007, 08:59 PM
What's up with Randy Moss saying he attended Rand University before every game this year???? What a piece of work. He attended Marshall University after getting kicked out of Florida State and Notre Dame. If Marshall hadn't given him a chance he wouldn't even be in the NFL today. You would think the NFL wouldn't let him make up his university. I wonder how many people think it is real?

alphamommy
11-26-2007, 01:02 PM
I've been trying to figure this out myself. At first I thought he was saying "Grand University". Very, very strange...

Ian
11-26-2007, 01:33 PM
A lot of NFL players do goofy stuff like this. Some of them say the name of their high school or nicknames for their college or stuff like that.

Honestly, I think the whole college connection thing is dumb anyway. I mean some of these guys are 10 year vets. Why do I care where he played college ball??

I mean newspeople don't start their broadcast by going, "Barbara Walters ... Princeton University ... "

Jasper
11-26-2007, 01:39 PM
This is just purely a guess, but I think it is a self aggrandizing play on his first name. In other words it is his way of saying that I am so good that I taught myself everything there is to know. Like I say, that is just purely a guess but with some of the other arrogant things he has said I would not put it past him.

JPL
11-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Honestly, I think the whole college connection thing is dumb anyway. I mean some of these guys are 10 year vets. Why do I care where he played college ball??

This is only done on the Networks that carry College football like ABC,ESPN and NBC. Fox does not do this so I'm guess it's to promote College Football.

Jasper
11-26-2007, 02:18 PM
This is only done on the Networks that carry College football like ABC,ESPN and NBC. Fox does not do this so I'm guess it's to promote College Football.

You know, I had never thought of this but now that you say it I don't remember hearing it on Fox. I am going to have to pay more attention and see if this holds true on other networks.

My son is reading over my shoulder as I type and said that there were games on Fox where he swears he heard the schools mentioned but just regularly on the rookies and for the veterans only in reference to some particular statistic that a player was known for.

As I already said I think this is an interesting comment and I am going to watch for it.

merlinmagic4
11-26-2007, 02:22 PM
This is just purely a guess, but I think it is a self aggrandizing play on his first name. In other words it is his way of saying that I am so good that I taught myself everything there is to know. Like I say, that is just purely a guess but with some of the other arrogant things he has said I would not put it past him.

Haha! That is just what I was thinking!!! Sorry to butt in on your Locker Room conversation but I couldn't help it :D

Scar
11-26-2007, 02:57 PM
The simple answer is... He's an idiot.

Rand is the name of the town where he was born.

Except Fox does do College Football.

pdrlkr
11-26-2007, 11:48 PM
The simple answer is... He's an idiot.

Rand is the name of the town where he was born.

That is so true. Marshall gave him a chance when nobody else would and he won't even mention their name. :shake:

WDWfanatic742
11-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Doesn't Fox only do the BCS Fiesta and National Championship Games? I don't ever remember seeing a game on Fox.

Scar
11-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Doesn't Fox only do the BCS Fiesta and National Championship Games? I don't ever remember seeing a game on Fox.I believe they have:

BCS Championship
Fiesta Bowl
Sugar Bowl
Orange Bowl
Cotton Bowl

JPL
11-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Except Fox does do College Football.

But Fox is covering the games most people will watch no matter what. I mean even non-fans end up watching the bowl games much like the SuperBowl people have parties around them.

The Flying Dutchman
11-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Personally, I think its hilarious that they say their colleges at all. How many of the players attended those colleges rather than actually got a degree from them?!?