PDA

View Full Version : Best Spot to View IllumiNations

LW_DFREAK
11-25-2007, 09:53 AM
We are not going to Disney until May 08, but I was curious what most of you thought about where the best place to watch IllumiNations at Epcot was and when we should get to that spot. We already have an ADR at Coral Reef that night at 6pm. I was hoping to find a place that was convenient to head back to the Polynesian Resort since we will have two tired children with us. Thanks for your help! :unsure:

SBETigg
11-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Your best bet is probably to find a place close to the World Showcase entrance from Future World for an easy trip back to the monorail once Illuminations ends. It's a mass exit scene right after the show, so it might even be worth it to you to leave just before the very end. You have good viewing anywhere around the lagoon and there aren't a lot of places to watch it sitting down. If your dinner's at six, you will probably get out just in time to find a standing spot somewhere along there, and even then you may not be able to get too close.

Kidsmom
11-25-2007, 01:23 PM
When we were there this summer we asked a couple of different CM's where the best viewing location was. They all said it was on the foot-bridge between England and France (I think it is between those two countries).

Good Luck and have fun.

SBETigg
11-25-2007, 01:39 PM
When we were there this summer we asked a couple of different CM's where the best viewing location was. They all said it was on the foot-bridge between England and France (I think it is between those two countries).

Good Luck and have fun.

By the time you get out of dinner at Coral Reef and make it over to the bridge, it will likely be full. There are lots of places to view around that area, though. The thing is that you won't get out of Epcot with any speed afterwards from that location.

If you view in this area and the MK happens to be open later than Epcot that night, you could walk out through the International Gateway after the show and catch a bus to the MK from the Beach Club, then monorail or boat over to the Poly from the MK. Otherwise, you will be in the thick of the traffic on the way out to the Epcot monorail from here.

Golf Grumpy
11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
INMO I would have to say look at the wind. We had a cruise a cpl of years ago, and wind blew right into us. Usually bewtween Germany and Japan are great, unless there is a front coming in.

Speedy1998
11-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Like Golf Grumpy said, the best place any given night depends on the wind. My favorite locations are in front of Canada, or Norway depending on the direction of the wind.

LW_DFREAK
11-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Wow, never thought that wind would be a factor when viewing IllumiNations. We are eating at Le Cellier one night, so if Canda is a good spot, maybe we will watch it that night instead. Having a bunch of options is great. Keep the suggestions coming...You guys are the best! GO PATRIOTS!!!:yay:

Cinderelley
11-25-2007, 10:52 PM
I have gotten my best video and pictures of Illuminations from Canada. There's a bench there that's next to a "rock" The top of the rock comes up & it's a speaker for Illuminations. As long as you're right up against the fence, there's nothing there to block your view.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Like Golf Grumpy said, the best place any given night depends on the wind. My favorite locations are in front of Canada, or Norway depending on the direction of the wind.
We have dinner reservations at Marakesh, ever watched from Morocco?