- Playhouse Disney
- Tony's Town Square
- American Adventures
- some seasonal counter service places
--- can't remember the rest

Some overlap each other.....but...wow.

Walt's Mickey
11-25-2007, 01:35 AM
When is Splash mountain scheduled for refurb? We will be in MK on Dec. 6th. Will it be during that day?

Melanie
11-25-2007, 02:28 AM
Actually, that looks about right for January (off-season). Keep in mind that the Spaceship Earth rehab wasn't supposed to extend into 2008.

When is Splash mountain scheduled for refurb? We will be in MK on Dec. 6th. Will it be during that day?

From Info Central (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp):

Splash Mountain will be closed for refurbishment January 1 through February 15, 2008.

Looks like you're good! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
11-25-2007, 03:10 AM
- Blizzard Beach...then, Typhoon Lagoon
But one will be open at any time so you'll still have your pick if you want to go
- Spaceship Earth
- Splash Mountain
I really feel for you on these two because they are my two favorite rides at WDW. SE wasn't supposed to last this long. I'm bummed it will be closed for my trip too. But if both were closed... i might have to plan to go another time.

NJDad
11-25-2007, 06:12 AM
I try to take the rehabs in stride, but what gets me is when the same attractions are down two years in a row for different rehabs.

For us, it's Splash Mountain and 50's Prime Time.

Naturally, the first ride our 5 year old talked about wanting to ride this time is Splash. Ah, one more 'life isn't fair' lesson for the little fella.

MinnieMommie
11-25-2007, 06:51 AM
We'll be there Jan '08 too. Disappointing but expected. :mickey:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-25-2007, 07:43 AM
I am going in the last week of December..I am so excited that Splash Mountain isn't closed then! :number1:

But I'll also be at MK on January 2nd, so it will be closed then..bummer :(

kbhanda
11-25-2007, 08:21 AM
I too am going the end of Jan '08. I am big time bummed about Splash, SE, and lastly American Adventure. Quite heartbroken on AA as I wanted to see the changes made to the movie at the end.

But at least this past January I was one of the first to ride Splash when it reopened from the refurb. So here is to hoping maybe for a soft opening of Spaceship Earth. Also note Playhouse Disney reopens Jan 28th. Will have to make a detour for DD to see that one.

And don't forget Snow White closes Jan 28th for rehab, making a point early in my trip for that one.

Yes I hate closures but going in January with perfect weather for me (live in PA, FL = no snow) and lower crowds is sooooo worth it. Plus P&P parties start back up again that week too!

Sunshine1010
11-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Oh....please don't get me wrong. I take closures/refurbs in stride. I LOVE the fact that they upkeep and maintenance on everything. It's just that once I actually had them listed....it looked like a lot. I'm not stressin' over it or anything. But it does seem a lot.

caryrae
11-25-2007, 09:50 AM
This what the Disney website has for closure dates for January:

Magic Kingdom
Minnie's Country House: Closed for Refurbishment [January 1, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
Snow White's Scary Adventures: Closed for Refurbishment [January 28, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
Splash Mountain®: Closed for Refurbishment [January 1, 2008 to January 31, 2008]

Epcot
Body Wars: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [January 1, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
Cranium Command: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [January 1, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
Spaceship Earth: Closed for Refurbishment [January 1, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
The American Adventure: Closed for Refurbishment [January 7, 2008 to January 31, 2008]

Disney Studios
Journey Into Narnia: Creating The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe: Closed for Refurbishment [January 2, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!: Closed for Refurbishment [January 2, 2008 to January 27, 2008]

Animal Kingdom
Dosen't show anything

Disney's Blizzard Beach: Closed for Refurbishment [January 6, 2008 to January 31, 2008]

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon: Closed for Refurbishment [January 1, 2008 to January 5, 2008]

airb330
11-25-2007, 05:52 PM
- Blizzard Beach...then, Typhoon Lagoon
But one will be open at any time so you'll still have your pick if you want to go
- Spaceship Earth
- Splash Mountain
I really feel for you on these two because they are my two favorite rides at WDW. SE wasn't supposed to last this long. I'm bummed it will be closed for my trip too. But if both were closed... i might have to plan to go another time.

I planned on going in mid January. I saw that Splash Mountain was down and immediately changed to late February. I love Splash! Plus, SE was down. I can live without that, but I figured my grandparents would enjoy it.

BelleandtheBeast
11-25-2007, 06:44 PM
THat is some list. Disney is good about keeping the rides updated and safe though. ENjoy your trip.

lindique
11-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Anyone know what they're doing to the American Adventure? This is the first I'm hearing about the rehab.

JPL
11-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Sadly this is a product of going during the off-season between Christmas and Spring Break alot of rides go down for refurb since crowds are usually relatively low.

DisneyAndRedSox
11-26-2007, 06:57 AM
We always go in January so I am used to closures, but what gets me mad is Splash Mountain was closed January 2007! So for those of us who go the same week every year Splash Mountian is closed 2 years in a row!

This January 2008's list is still better than 2007, Rock & Rollercoaster was closed in '07!

I am really bunmed about SE, but this just gives me an excuse to plan a quick trip around Labor Day!

Carol
11-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Actually if you follow the link provided by Mel it includes resorts, Downtown Disney, restaurants and the park closings.