PDA

View Full Version : yak & yeti review

busterthebronco
11-24-2007, 08:21 PM
well to my surprise we walked right into the yak & yeti thursday night!:secret:
most folks seemed curious but just guessed it was a souviner (sp) store.
the place was cool.
had an upstairs and thats where we ate.
we got a window seat and watched the previosly mentioned curious guest walking by all evening.
the food was honestly on the dissapointing side for me.
it was basiclly chinese or whatever and it wasnt done with much style.
kinda blah.
typical park fare i guess.
not offensive to the point of being bland.
it wasnt bad though really.
the service left us anxious as our guy would dissapear for long periods of time and he forgot to put our egg roll order in dragging the dinner out for much longer than need be.
there were plenty of people in black shirts we assumed were there to oversee the opening.
they should have quit milling around yakking outside and went in the back to get the nuts and bolts of the operation going.:mad:
overall it was a 6 out of ten.
decent but room to improve which i'm sure they will.
give it a try!:thumbsup:
we will try it again during our annual spring break trip.
in:131 days 17 hours 35 minutes and 43 seconds!!!!!:cool:

Sunshine1010
11-24-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm anxious to try it in January....but, from the pictures I've seen posted of the Crispy Honey Chicken (or something like that)....looks the same as the chinese buffet.

Although, I have to admit,...I've read the menu and I can't wait to try some foods there.

I'd like to try some stuff I can't get around my town. That's the typical thing I do at Disney.

I live in a VERY small town,...so it's hard to try anything new. We were ecstatic when Applebee's came!!!...he he

DisneyTwirler13!
11-24-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm anxious to try it in January....but, from the pictures I've seen posted of the Crispy Honey Chicken (or something like that)....looks the same as the chinese buffet.

Although, I have to admit,...I've read the menu and I can't wait to try some foods there.

I'd like to try some stuff I can't get around my town. That's the typical thing I do at Disney.

I live in a VERY small town,...so it's hard to try anything new. We were ecstatic when Applebee's came!!!...he he

I live in Orlando, and we have no Applebee's nearby, so you're lucky! lol

I, too, can't wait to try out Yak & Yeti. Maybe now I can try Chinese food and not be repulsed by it. Disney has that effect on me... :blush: I would probably eat raw squid if they served it to me, just because I'd be ecstatic to be at Disney. :cloud9:

#1donaldfan
11-25-2007, 09:57 AM
We can't wait to try Y&Y......been a long time coming!!! And being from a small town I agree that trying new things are a rarity. Actually our small town only has a DQ, McD's and a few other no names......so, when we escape our "sheltered" lives, we try it all. Thanks for the review and hopefully the "kinks" will be ironed out before our trip....:thumbsup:

Samtastic
11-25-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm really excited to try it! We went to Nine Dragons last trip so it will probably be the same quaility. I'm just really excited about Mango Pie!

We're on the DDP and have a TS we needed to use on the last day, it's our favorites day so we're going from park to park. I would have done Epcot but it's EMH so we'll be there early. I was planning on LTT for lunch but they removed the Salmon pumpernickel thing that intrigued me, and my BF could really care less what he ate, so when I realized Y&Y is taking DDP I figured we could head over there for an early lunch. Can't wait!

mouseketeer mom
11-25-2007, 02:13 PM
We walked right in for a late lunch/early dinner meal last Tuesday! No wait at all. The place was very empty. We had a downstairs table, and the jammin jungle parade was right outside our window! That was a real unexpected plus, because we didn't time it that way at all. The food was good. Just good. My DH was disappointed a bit, thinking the menu would be a bit more adventurous. It was pretty typical asian food. We enjoyed it tho, and really liked walking around both the upstairs and downstairs at the artifacts and taking pictures. I don't know that we would hurry back there, but we are glad we tried it.

Sunshine1010
11-25-2007, 02:26 PM
So...it's been confirmed that it will be a DDP restaurant?

Goes4FastPass
11-25-2007, 04:15 PM
If, as previous posts suggest, WDW guests get excited about Applebee's and are "repulsed" by Chinese food, it stands to reason Yak and Yeti would end up with a menu straight out of Panda Express.

Maybe the Nine Dragons refurb will turn out better, unless they decide to go with Mickey shaped wontons flavored to taste like chicken nuggests.

Jared
11-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Is anybody surprised to hear the food at Yak & Yeti is lackluster? The Chinese food at Nine Dragons is mediocre at best, so why would it be any better at another restaurant?

Like the poster above me suggested, many Walt Disney World guests haven't had Chinese food outside of national chains and mall food courts. Traditional Asian cuisine would be off-putting and unpopular -- just look at the menus at virtually every World Showcase establishment.

Animal Kingdom desperately needed another dining option, both table and counter service, so I'm disappointed to hear Yak & Yeti isn't great. Unfortunately, I've read too many negative reviews already.

Oh, in response to Sunshine1010, both the table and counter service portions will be part of the 2008 Disney Dining Plan.

Sunshine1010
11-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Thank You Jared!!!

Jared
11-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Thank You Jared!!!
Glad to help!

:tasty: