PDA

View Full Version : 5 in a room at AKV

fanofdisney
11-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Has anyone had 5 in a one bedroom at AKV? We have 2 adults and 3 children ages 13, 11 and 5 do you think it would be too tight? The difference in points for a one bedroom and a two bedroom is 81 points which is quite a big jump. This is of course if we are able to even get into AKV.:fingers:

Horizon93
11-24-2007, 12:39 PM
A one bedroom at Jambo is listed as sleeping 4. There is the master suite and a sleeper sofa in the living room/kitchen area. In Kidani. (when it opens) the one BR will sleep 5. In addition to the sleeper sofa, there will be a pull out chair and a second bathroom.

I don't think the sleeper chair is in the Jambo rooms, but I could be incorrect.

DVC Mike
11-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Actually, just the Value 1-BR rooms at Jambo sleep 4 (as the Value units do not have the sleeper chair in the Living room).

All the other 1 BR rooms at Jambo sleep 5, as will all the 1-BR units at Kidani (there won't be any Value units in Kidani).

Horizon93
11-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Mike, thanks for the clarification. I thought that was the case. DW and I will be in a 1 BR value next July and I guess that was what I was thinking about. The Jambo 1 brs will have only one bath, correct?

CarolMN
11-24-2007, 03:11 PM
...The Jambo 1 brs will have only one bath, correct?Yes, just one bath in the Jambo 1 bedroom units.

The 1 bedroom units in Kidani will have two bathrooms and all will officially sleep 5. There will not be any value or concierge rooms in Kidani.

fanofdisney
11-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Will the rooms that sleep 5 in a one bedroom be ready next Oct? Also, are those the same rooms that will have 2 bathrooms? If so, will that room be too tight for us?

Horizon93
11-25-2007, 01:57 AM
The rooms that can sleep five are already available at Jambo. The Kidani villas, which are scheduled to open in 2009, will have the second bathroom. They will sleep five as well and should be large enough for you. The Jambo 1 BR should also be large enough as it sleeps five, but will have only one bath.

MinnieMommie
11-25-2007, 07:00 AM
The rooms that can sleep five are already available at Jambo. The Kidani villas, which are scheduled to open in 2009, will have the second bathroom. They will sleep five as well and should be large enough for you. The Jambo 1 BR should also be large enough as it sleeps five, but will have only one bath.

I think that depends on how well you get along! But seriously...it should be fine. We used to put 5 in a Contemporary Resort room and were just fine. If you want the kitchen and do not want to use up the extra points needed to stay at a 2 bedroom this seems like a workable solution. :mickey:

Chrisx2
11-28-2007, 03:23 PM
We just did this in September with 3 adults, a 6 year old and a 5 year old. It really didn't seem that cramped. While there is only one bathroom, it's very large. It has two sinks and plenty of counter space. Also, the toilet is in a seperate small room (in the bathroom) which makes it easier to get everyone ready in the morning.

fanofdisney
11-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Wow, thanks a lot. I was really thinking one bathroom would be really difficult with the 5 of us but maybe it will be okay. I am very anxious to stay at AKV. Maybe it will work for us. I know there is a pull out couch and chair. How comfortable are those?

Horizon93
12-01-2007, 12:07 PM
I don't know from personal experience, but from what I have read people seem to think that they are quite comfortable. I am sure someone will chime in with some actual experience at AKV. At the very least, we can be confident that everything in the villas is new!

Mackflava99
12-04-2007, 04:30 PM
we tried with 5 and it was a little cramped-
I guess cause we had my Dw's parents with us and they sort of took over. By the end of the trip i felt that we were staying with them...
Otherwise its do-able. In reality you don't spend a whole lot of time in the room.