PDA

View Full Version : Voices of Liberty - Christmas

billandlaura
11-24-2007, 10:45 AM
My dw and dd absolutely love hearing VoL sing whenever we go to Disney. :whistle: Does anyone know if they change their routine to do Christmas songs during the Christmas season?

DisFan01
11-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Not yet, at least. We were just there a couple of days ago, and they were singing in the American Adventure while we waited. There were no Christmas songs to be heard (yet). I think they change it sometime... :confused:

Strmchsr
11-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Yes, they do. Generally beginning this coming week. The often have a "sounds of the season" performance where they talk and sing about Christmas, Kwanzaa and Hanukkah.

Gator
11-24-2007, 04:51 PM
It was changed the first week of Dec last year. The Christmas songs were great. I don't remember any Kwanza or other songs other than strictly Christmas songs.

Here we go again...
11-24-2007, 07:06 PM
We have only seen the show one time... and it was just because we happened to walk in the pavillion to cool off.
Believe it or not, we always kind of skipped over the good 'ol USA. After hearing the Voices of Liberty we will be back. They are amazing! Since we have only seen them once, I do not know what they were singing... we have to go in February!

DisneyFreak102
11-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Not that I know of.......:yay:

Cinderelley
11-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Do they put out a Christmas CD? I was just thinking today that they would sound beautiful singing Christmas songs.

billandlaura
11-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Yes! They do have Christmas CD's! :joy: The Liberty Voices just came out with a new Christmas CD - Christmas in Velvet vol. 5 (I guess outside of WDW they're known as the Liberty Voices, but they sing the same music.) Derrick Johnson also had another a cappella group called Regeneration and they have two Christmas CD's - Christmas in Velvet vol. 1-2 and 3-4. They sound exactly the same as the VoL and it's just beautiful!!! I really love their music and I highly recommend their CD's. :music:
Here's the web-site for the Liberty Voices - http://www.libertyvoices.com/

LoriMistress
11-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Usually they do it the last week of November to the beginning of December when they start doing it. DH and I are looking forward to seeing them. 12 more days to go! :santa3::santa::deer:

Golf Grumpy
11-25-2007, 07:34 PM
We have been this week in the past and right at Thanksgiving they swith the sets to more holiday tunes.

Cinderelley
11-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Yes! They do have Christmas CD's! :joy: The Liberty Voices just came out with a new Christmas CD - Christmas in Velvet vol. 5 (I guess outside of WDW they're known as the Liberty Voices, but they sing the same music.) Derrick Johnson also had another a cappella group called Regeneration and they have two Christmas CD's - Christmas in Velvet vol. 1-2 and 3-4. They sound exactly the same as the VoL and it's just beautiful!!! I really love their music and I highly recommend their CD's. :music:
Here's the web-site for the Liberty Voices - http://www.libertyvoices.com/

Yeahhhhh!!!! Thanks for the link. :D

mousetrapper
11-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Yes, we were just there last week and they sang "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and it was beautiful!