PDA

View Full Version : disney rewards visa

JoDisney
11-24-2007, 09:12 AM
I need to talk to someone that actually used the rewards dollars they obtained from their Disney Visa. What I want to know is how Disney Visa actually gives you the reward dollars you have accumulated to use at Disney? ( I know the rewards can only be used for Disney vacations and products and not for cash.) I understand all that, I just don't know how they actually give you your reward dollars. Do you call Disney Visa or write to Disney Visa to get the rewards dollars accumulated? How does that work? What do they ask you or what do you have to write to them to get your accumulated reward dollars?

discjoker
11-24-2007, 09:38 AM
They make it very simple. You give them a call and let them know you want to get your rewards dollars on a rewards card. They will ask you how many rewards dollars you would like to transfer from your account to the card. They will send you a rewards card (looks like a credit card). You call a number to activate it and you are good to go.

The card (and any remaining points on the card) will expire one year after issue.

You use it as you would a credit card and will get a receipt back after each use with the remaining balance.

tiaramom
11-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Thanks So Much For Explaining The System. I Too Wondered..
And It Was Well Written.
Thanks

JoDisney
11-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Thank you for the information.

luvdiznee
11-24-2007, 10:00 AM
I also believe you have to have a minimal of 20 points when you do transfer them to your card. :mickey:

JoDisney
11-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Discjoker, Just for future info, did you ever try to get your rewards dollar card online? I have been booking my Disney resort vacations online now, instead of waiting on the phone for reservations endless amounts of time. It seems everything is the internet, now. It would be great if you could get the reward dollars online, too.

pink
11-24-2007, 10:28 AM
This is a little off topic but what is the APR for this card. It says 6 monthes 0% but what is it after the 6 monthes? Thanks in advance. :mickey:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
11-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Discjoker, Just for future info, did you ever try to get your rewards dollar card online? I have been booking my Disney resort vacations online now, instead of waiting on the phone for reservations endless amounts of time. It seems everything is the internet, now. It would be great if you could get the reward dollars online, too.
Yes, you can do it all online. Also, if you have a purchase pending while you leave on your trip, you can call and have that amount transfered (if its more than $20 of reward points) to your card. We did this once while waiting in line for Goofy's Barnstormer.

discjoker
11-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Yes, you can do it all online. Also, if you have a purchase pending while you leave on your trip, you can call and have that amount transfered (if its more than $20 of reward points) to your card. We did this once while waiting in line for Goofy's Barnstormer.

Just to clarify, you need $20 in reward dollars in order to get a new card. You can transfer as little as $10 reward dollars to an already active card.

gardenia
11-24-2007, 11:27 AM
This is a little off topic but what is the APR for this card. It says 6 monthes 0% but what is it after the 6 monthes? Thanks in advance. :mickey:

The APR after the promotional period is nothing special - mine is currently 13.74% for purchases, 22.24% for cash advances. It may depend on your credit rating what APR you end up with.

The only way to make the card worthwhile is to pay off the entire balance every month - that way you're getting reward dollars without losing them back in finance charges.

pink
11-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks Gardenia! :mickey:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
11-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Just to clarify, you need $20 in reward dollars in order to get a new card. You can transfer as little as $10 reward dollars to an already active card.You're right - my bad. :thumbsup: