PDA

View Full Version : Is it costly to ship home

Jeri Lynn
11-24-2007, 06:33 AM
I'm wondering if it is costly to ship stuff home straight from the gift shop?

I was thinking about buying some Christmas Ornaments, and instead of worrying about carrying them on the plane home I thought I might ship them home...

Has anyone ever done this?

Jeff
11-24-2007, 07:46 AM
We have shipped from the Christmas Store in Downtown Disney several times. We shipped a Christmas House last year and a couple of ornaments, I think it cost around $9.

DizneyRox
11-24-2007, 07:48 AM
Yes, price start at like $10 and go up from there depending on cost. I think the first jump past $10 is around $50 in merchandise.

It's a good idea, but not financially smart to do anymore.

If you can, I would send stuff on your own, you'll save a bundle on shipping and handling costs. THe post office has a pre paid box that you can ship ANYTHING that you can fit inside for a fixed cost. I've sent soda home in that, weighed a ton, only cost me $8.72 or whatever it was.

tiaramom
11-24-2007, 09:40 AM
I Always Ship Home
It Is Way To Much For Me To Worry About The Items- With A Baby And Her Stuff Too.
I Do Find It A Bit Costly Though.
But It Saves Me The Stress- And For Me That Is Worth Every Penny.
My Ship From Dtd To Ny Usually Cost Me Approx 24$ Or So. From Japan'e Epcot It Cost Us- 11$ Thay Go By Weight Here.
I Always Ship Ornaments- They Come Safe- And Wrapped Well - As Does Everything .
It Soemtimes Takes A Very Long Time To Reach Your Home Though 2-4 Weeks
Last Time It Was Over A Month And 1 Week. You Never Know...

disneymom15
11-24-2007, 09:45 AM
I thought it was a bit pricy. I was going to ship home a bottle of perfume and I think it was about $15. I ended up packing it in my luggage and checking my bag at the airport.

DizneyRox
11-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Yes, a ring at DTD for $1500 if shipped home could cost a MINT, while a snowglobe for $100 could cost about $15. My prices are off I'm sure, but it's NOT based on size, shape or weight, that's my point.

I don't agree with the pricing structure, that's why I opt to do my own.

Here we go again...
11-24-2007, 03:48 PM
We have paid anywhere from $15 to $25 to ship home.
Keep in mind that you do not pay tax if you live out of state. Many times that make the shipping cost very little when you factor in what you would have paid for tax.
We ship because if the item is damaged Disney will replace it. If I drop it going home it is my own problem.

Dznygrl79
11-24-2007, 04:16 PM
I may be weird but I ship things down to disney (food, incidentals like sunscrean) and then I use that box and ship my clothes back home in it and pack my souv. in my luggage. The most its ever cost me using UPS ground is $27 each way. That covers up to 4o lbs.

Here we go again...
11-25-2007, 01:52 AM
I may be weird but I ship things down to disney (food, incidentals like sunscrean) and then I use that box and ship my clothes back home in it and pack my souv. in my luggage. The most its ever cost me using UPS ground is $27 each way. That covers up to 4o lbs.

That sounds like a good idea to me. Who wants to lug around stinky close when they can keep the disney stuff near by. And, I am sure it is much lighter than the clothes.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Prices for shipping is determined by how much your purchase being sent came to.

The price range is:

$0-$50 = $9.95
$50-100 = $14.95

After that I am not sure, but I think it goes:
$100-150 = S24.95 (90% sure this is right...)
$250-500 = (....forgot but I believe it's around $70ish)

You will not pay sales tax on the item in Florida, however it's expected that you claim it when you get back home (of which, hardly any one ever does).

Typical shipping frame is about 10-20 days, unless you specify a certain date that you want it sent after.

Hope this helps!

vizsla
11-26-2007, 05:50 AM
We just shipped some items to big to carry home on the plane or pack in our luggage from the World of Disney store and it cost $25.00. We have shipped items home almost every trip and never had any problems.