PDA

View Full Version : Having guests....

Sunshine1010
11-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Hi everyone,

My family and I are inviting my brother and his family next December. We will be purchasing the dining plan.

I have a few questions:

1. We plan on getting the dining plan. Can my guests get it also?
2. We plan on getting the dining plan, yet on the Intercot site, it states that everyone in the room must purchase the dining plan to be able to get it.....what if my guests aren't allowed to get the plan....will we still be able to?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Well, technically, everyone in the room is required to be listed as a being in the room for security purposes- meaning, everyone must have a card (except children under 3 who are free).

Therefore, everyone in the room can get a DDP. Also, if they are coming down and you don't list them on the rooms, they cannot use benefits such as EMH, which requires the physical room key to be swiped.

If you aren't sure if they are coming or not, you can add them upon check-in.

Sunshine1010
11-24-2007, 02:45 AM
Oh....sorry, I don't think I explained myself well.

Yes, I planned on letting the DVC resort know they'd be there. For security reasons, for keys, for everything......

Like I said....I read on Intercot that if you get a dining plan...EVERYONE in your room has to get the dining plan...so I was wondering if they could - because they WANT to get it. But I just wasn't sure if it was possible since they are GUESTS and not OWNERS.

Speaking of:
Do guests of mine get all services provided to them, same as DVC owners (extra hours, etc....)

dlpmikki
11-24-2007, 04:21 AM
If your guests are staying in the room with you they get treated exactly like you so can get the dining plan, EMH etc. The only perks they won't be able to get are the ones where you need to show your actual DVC card to get a discount.

Sunshine1010
11-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Are you serious?.....!!!!!!

That is AWESOME!!! My brother's wife is going to be SO excited about that. Neither one of them have been since the early 80's, and they've NEVER been on the dining plan. It's going to be a great perk for them.

Thank You!!!

tinkerbell04
11-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Mikki's right :) They will be able to partake in all of the same things as you do as a member:mickey:

Sunshine1010
11-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks everyone!! I called MS to give them my flight info for Magical Express, and asked them to confirm everyone on here. They said that they would be able to get the dining plan. AWESOME!

MILWDIANA
01-02-2008, 09:18 AM
What about the opposite situation?? We will be guests when we go with our friends who are DVC members.
We would like to get the dining plan, but the DVC members we are staying with will not be using the meal plan.

Is this possible???

DVC Mike
01-02-2008, 12:38 PM
What about the opposite situation?? We will be guests when we go with our friends who are DVC members.
We would like to get the dining plan, but the DVC members we are staying with will not be using the meal plan.

Is this possible???

Everyone on the reservation must get the DDP, or none of them can.

MinnieMommie
01-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Are you serious?.....!!!!!!

That is AWESOME!!! My brother's wife is going to be SO excited about that. Neither one of them have been since the early 80's, and they've NEVER been on the dining plan. It's going to be a great perk for them.

Thank You!!!

How nice when families can share like this. Your enthusiasm is contagious. This will be such a fun memory for all of you. :mickey: