PDA

View Full Version : Rides and Pregnancy

Fallendroplet
11-23-2007, 11:59 PM
My husband and I recently found out that we're pregnant :cloud9:.

My question is: What rides can I go on while pregnant?

My hubby has never been one for the rides, but I've always loved them.

The one I know I can't go on is BTM...only know that since I used to work there.

Anyone have any advice for me?

SorcererJim
11-24-2007, 12:06 AM
First off... :congrats:

The answers you seek can be found right in "InfoCentral" under ride restrictions... I think you will be plesantly surprised what you CAN go on... as has been said many times however, if you are concerned or think there _might_ be an issue, err on the side of caution... there's always the return trip to get those other rides! :mickey:

diz_girl
11-26-2007, 04:07 PM
:congrats:

I was 4 1/2 mo pregnant my last trip to WDW and I had a great time, even though I wasn't able to ride some of my favorite rides, such as SM and SplM. As SorcererJim wrote, check InfoCentral for the specific rides that would apply to you. But the rule of thumb is that if a ride has a height restriction, then you probably won't be able to ride. This includes most rollercoasters, including Goofy's Barnstormer. However, I did ride Soarin', even though it says on info central the expectant mothers should not ride. It's a very gentle ride and I had no problems.

Have a great time.

momofdisneyprincess
12-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I was 6 1/2 months pregnant on our last trip. I would say to use your best judgement. I did ride on a few of the rides that suggested pregnant woman not ride - the safari at AK being one of them. The CM's will NOT prevent anyone from riding. I also rode Star Wars but wished I hadn't after I did. Splash Mountain was okay as was the Kali River Rapids. That is just my opinion though - and that of my dr's. Her advice was not to go on the rides that would throw you from side to side. There are plenty of rides that you can enjoy while pregnant. The walking was probably more of an issue than the rides. I tended to get tired more quickly. Good luck and have a great time.