PDA

View Full Version : Who has the better dining options???

KAT1811
11-23-2007, 11:06 PM
As we ponder our hotel choice for our next WDW escapade I will certainly be factoring in dining. What does everyone think? Who has the better dining options? Just the thought of our next trip is exciting but this will me our first trip on a monerail line so I really want to make the right choice and who better to help me than all of you!!! Thanks in advance, I don't know what I'd do without my fellow Disney addicts!!!

JPL
11-23-2007, 11:22 PM
I like the options at the Poly much better

O'Hana
Kona Cafe
Captain Hook's

wendy*darling
11-24-2007, 10:11 AM
I would choose based on the resort theme. Since they are next door to each other- you can utilize the dining at both very easily. You can also add the Contemporary dining options as being easy to use as well.

Of the 2, I enjoy the Poly dining options more.
But GF certainly has more to choose from. That said- are you going to choose Victoria and Albert's? Citricos and Narcoossee's? They are a bit too fancy dining experiences for the regular traveler. That leaves you with 1900 Park Fare, GF Cafe and Gasparilla Grill. Plus the Afternoon Tea, which is very nice.

Jared
11-24-2007, 11:48 AM
I agree with Linda and suggest choosing your resort based on theming and pricing, not dining. Because the two hotels are on the monorail line, you can easily utilize the restaurants at both.

But since you asked, I voted for the Polynesian. 'Ohana and Kona Cafe are two of my favorite restaurants in Walt Disney World, and my family has dinner at each every trip. They are casual restaurants appropriate for the entire family.

The Grand Floridian has some nicer establishments, including three signature experiences: Citricos, Narcoossee's and Victoria & Albert's. If you're looking for some special dinners, you won't be disappointed here.

Here we go again...
11-24-2007, 03:53 PM
I agree with Linda. Since they are so close go with what you like.
If you do chose strictly based on restaurants, I would go with the Poly. You can't beat Kona and 'Ohana! :tasty:

SBETigg
11-24-2007, 04:45 PM
I think the Grand Floridian blows the Polynesian away. We had a bad experience at Kona, plus the service and atmosphere is not the best. 'Ohana is fun and always a good time, plus I love the lounge. Captain Cook's is a good CS choice.

Grand Floridian Cafe is one of the best for us. We've always had a great time there, and it's a hit in atmosphere and service. Love Mizner's and the lobby music. Gasparilla Grill is a good CS choice, open 24 hours like the Poly's Captain Cook's. 1900 Park Fare is a hit for character dining. And then on top of all that, you have Narcoossee's, Citricos, and the incomparable Victoria and Albert's. If you're into fine dining, the GF is the indisputable choice. If you're more about casual dining, the choice between the two resorts gets closer but I still prefer the GF for dining.

dolphinmickey9170
11-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I really really really really really like Poly!!

Polynesian Dweller
11-24-2007, 06:06 PM
The thing about these two hotels is that they are about 10 minutes easy walk apart on a paved walkway. So, they actually share the dining options. We always stay at the Poly but we have meals at Narcoossees and at Kona every time.

So, i chose the Poly on the resort theming because otherwise the dining options are the same.

Lessie
11-24-2007, 06:29 PM
For us... just DH and myself, no kids.... "better dining" definitely means fine dining, so I would pick GF. In fact, we did pick GF over Poly for our upcoming February trip for easy access to our favorite restaurants, Citricos and Narcossees.

In defense of the Poly, I think its an excellent dining destination, and when we have children I think it will be a great choice for excellent food and a good atmosphere. But while its just the two of us, we would definitely pick GF.