PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Parade Taping [Merged Topics]

Terra
11-23-2007, 04:17 PM
My mom heard that they will be filming some of the MK Christmas parade on Dec 2nd...And she wants to go...
I thought they didn't let it be publicly known what date...is that true?
Also....Even if you are there that day....I thought I had heard that they only take so many people in for the actual "side of the road shot in the roped area...is that true too?

Okay, whatever you know about this...tell me! LOL...We are thinking of going to MK anyway next Saturday to see the Christmas decorations...but I know my mom would love it if there happened to be the parade going on!

PirateLover
11-23-2007, 04:49 PM
I'm pretty sure the taping is taking place on the 30th and Dec 1st.
We do know ahead of time because they allow passholders to reserve tickets. I'm pretty sure I read that the 30th are the special performances and the 1st is the Regis and Kelly taping. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
11-23-2007, 05:07 PM
The taping of the Christmas Parade is Nov 30 for the musical performances and Dec 1 for the actual parade. Reshoots as necessary will be on Dec 2. However, only people who sign up to work a shift are allowed to be part of the parade crowd. The ability to sign up for that was limited to AP holders and filled up completely within a couple of hours. Sorry. Having been a part of the filming 2 different years, you're not missing anything. It's a LOT of standing around, waiting, and watching the same stuff over and over again.

Terra
11-23-2007, 05:07 PM
I stand corrected! lol...my mom did say the 1st as well..don't know why I said the 2nd!

I have an AP...they'll just buy tickets...I think we'll go ahead and go and just watch from one of the doorways or way back spots in MK! LOL....

Thank you so much!

Strmchsr
11-23-2007, 05:11 PM
I have an AP...they'll just buy tickets...I think we'll go ahead and go and just watch from one of the doorways or way back spots in MK! LOL....

The parade is only taped on Main St. It's not like the normal parade that winds through the entire park, so it's really not possible to see from anywhere else in the park. Basically, they run the float down Main St, back it up, and do it all over again until they have all of their shots for that float then they start with the next one.

Terra
11-23-2007, 06:06 PM
The parade is only taped on Main St. It's not like the normal parade that winds through the entire park, so it's really not possible to see from anywhere else in the park. Basically, they run the float down Main St, back it up, and do it all over again until they have all of their shots for that float then they start with the next one.

That's right...I remember hearing that....

And I agree...I don't think we're missing anything!! lol...well we'll just go next Saturday and have fun throughout the rest of the park!!! I love MK during the holidays...

RedheadWriter
11-23-2007, 09:54 PM
I think this is the first time I have read something written here that made me say to myself "I am SO happy I will not be there for that!" Now as I watch the parade, I will be thinking about what I learned here. Just like with all TV, it's take after take!
Rachel

battle beast
11-23-2007, 10:14 PM
hmm...

TheRustyScupper
11-23-2007, 10:57 PM
1) Yes, filming is 11/30 and 12/1.
2) It is interesting, but not all that exciting.
. . . Main Street is mobbed
. . . you might get into a panning screen shot
. . . most people on camera are actors
. . . a few "real people" do make it on camera
. . . scenes are shot several times - over and over
. . . sometimes it is actually boring

NOTE: Many of the "families" you see on TV are actors. They actually bring in adults and children from agencies to portray families. They do pick a few real folks, however.

bellerose
11-26-2007, 10:37 PM
If this has allready been discussed, I'm sorry. We are leaving this saturday for the World and I was wondering if anyone knew when they may be filming for the Christmas Day Parade? We are going to be there the 1st through the 8th. Thanks!

WishesFan13
11-26-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm not 100% sure but i think it's Saturday the 1st.

dml
11-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Hi! I'm from Metairie too! We're leaving on Friday for WDW! I read on a previous post that the filming of the parade will be on Sat., 12/1 and Sun, 12/2.

Have a great trip!
:mickey::mickey:

NASCARVW
11-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know what MUSICAL acts are scheduled to perform?

WDWdriver
12-01-2007, 06:33 PM
I saw some of the taping today. Main Street was crowded, but the CMs kept a walkway open behind those just standing to watch. The area in front of the train station was not accessible, nor was the area in front of the castle. The rest of the park was no busier than normal for this time of year. A Goodyear blimp was circling overhead as part of the taping.

The taping is tedious. It took them most of an hour to do just the Lion King segment. Regis and Kelly were sitting in front of a battery of lights and cameras. They couldn't have been very comfortable.

Sharon1026
12-01-2007, 08:18 PM
We were at MK today.
Much busier than usual compared to other Saturdays in December due to the parade.

Only cool thing was that they let us walk in the area behind Tony's restaurant and we entered Tomorrowland by the galaxy theater. This is an area that is restricted and is cast members only. We got to see the back of the restaurant, the backs of the shops that are on the right hand side of main street and long rows of ice cream carts in storage. The reason for the detour was that Main Street was so crowded the redirected us there to let us into the park. CM's were all over telling everyone no photos since it was the back lot. Of course, we took some anyway, LOL.

Crowds were challlenging, especially since so many walkways were roped off, restricting traffic flow. I don't recommend going on parade taping day! Lucky for us, we are AP holders, so I can just go back on a different Saturday.

NASCARVW
12-03-2007, 05:03 PM
I went for Friday's taping. They taped segments at the beginning of Main Street, and had performances at the CASTLE front.
I saw the following performances.
DANCING with THE STARS
Jessica Simpson
Kathryn McPhee
and Patti Labelle

:)

NASCARVW
12-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Also was told that at 9am on Sat. the Jonas Brothers were supposed to be taping a segment as well.
:)

Figgyluv03
12-05-2007, 12:24 PM
The Jo-Bros are little hotties! I love Kevin!