PDA

View Full Version : Who will end up coaching Michigan???

MsMin
11-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Is anyone else worried that Michigan may scoop up their coach? I am after the Saban fiasco. Why do we always lose our coachdespite paying some of the highest salaries?
I'm concerned that we may lose our coach, Les Miles, to Michigan. He is an alum, has a great record etc.
Does anyone think Michigan will come up with the money? Some say they are not known to open their pocketbooks. I think I read that he would be one of the highest paid coaches in the nation if he wins the national championship, around 3 million and Les has a 1.25 million dollar buyout and the officials here are talking about sweetening the deal for him not to mention he doesn't need a snow shovel.

medic9016
11-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I sure hope he stays at LSU. I think it may depend on winning the BSC. If he was to leave I'm sure we will hear Steve Spurrier is going to LSU. Bob Stoops has be mentioned to go to Michigan also.

The rumors are starting that Houston Nutt is also out at Arkansas at seasons end.

I don't think my Longhorns coach is going any where.

mttafire
11-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Coaching in the Big Ten is a good as it gets in college football. Les Miles WILL leave LSU in a heartbeat if the job is offered to him. time will soon tell.

Jasper
11-23-2007, 01:27 PM
If Michigan holds true to form they will wait to see which coaches are fired for poor performance and then pick whichever one comes for the lowest price.

Oh wait, was I typing out loud again?

Seriously, it is amazing how a school that used to regularly be the cream of the crop just can't seem to get back to the top and stay there. And yes, I realize there are many schools who would like to be as good as Michigan is most years but really when you consider the talent they have had they really should have done more.

Donald
11-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Rumor has it that they have been house hunting in Ann Arbor!:football:

goofhook
11-23-2007, 07:10 PM

Well that is odd, maybe they want to ruin a couple of seasons with 1 win also?:thumbsup:

alphamommy
11-24-2007, 05:20 PM

I've heard this, too!

MsMin
11-24-2007, 08:47 PM
I sure hope he stays at LSU. I think it may depend on winning the BSC. If he was to leave I'm sure we will hear Steve Spurrier is going to LSU. Bob Stoops has be mentioned to go to Michigan also.
The rumors are starting that Houston Nutt is also out at Arkansas at seasons end.
I don't think my Longhorns coach is going any where.
Hey well winning the BCS isn't a problem anymore but I don't think the Michigan job helped matters. The boys were really flat yesterday. Miles has worked as assistant coach @ Michigan on two occasions and played there. I think the biggest draw for him is that it's home.
We shall see.
I've heard rumors too that we would go for Spurrier. I do know LSU makes more money from sports than any other SEC team so they could attract him. B. Stoops was in the running when we hired Miles and we passed him or he passed on us then. Some say that Saban would be interested. I wonder what kind of "buy out" he has in his contract? He still has a lot of friends here and I've heard that he has mentioned to friends that he wouldn't mind coming back here.

If Michigan holds true to form they will wait to see which coaches are fired for poor performance and then pick whichever one comes for the lowest price.
Oh wait, was I typing out loud again?
Seriously, it is amazing how a school that used to regularly be the cream of the crop just can't seem to get back to the top and stay there. And yes, I realize there are many schools who would like to be as good as Michigan is most years but really when you consider the talent they have had they really should have done more.
I love your honesty. Hey if you can be loved without winning why worry????

Coaching in the Big Ten is a good as it gets in college football. Les Miles WILL leave LSU in a heartbeat if the job is offered to him. time will soon tell.
I think Miles would go back to his alma mata but, it's going to be tough after experiencing SEC football at it's best :razz:
One good thing about losing yesterday is that it may speed this mess up a little more.... I'm so glad we will be playing TN in the SEC Championship-- hope the guys are up for the game!

sgdisney
12-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Is anyone else worried that Michigan may scoop up their coach?

Well, the scooped up West Virginia's coach and people around here are just down right ticked off over the whole thing. Rodriguez has a $4 million buyout with WVU so Michigan must be paying him a ton of money to go. I guess Michigan must like our coaches, that's two in less than a year.

sillyolbear
12-17-2007, 02:53 PM
The coaching carousel is nuts this year. As a Wake Forest fan, our coach's name seems to pop up a good bit and it is not much fun to worry if the next offer is the big one that he can't turn down.

I don't know which is worse--being lousy and not having to worry about another team hiring your coach or being not bad and going through this every year.

ibrowse17
12-17-2007, 03:04 PM
The question now is, who will be coaching at WVU?? It is a beautiful place:thumbsup:

MsMin
12-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Well, the scooped up West Virginia's coach and people around here are just down right ticked off over the whole thing. Rodriguez has a $4 million buyout with WVU so Michigan must be paying him a ton of money to go. I guess Michigan must like our coaches, that's two in less than a year.
My sympathy goes out to the WV fans and to the team. I know what it was like when Saban did that to us in 04. Especially after he said he wasn't interested and planned on staying. Then of course you know the story of how he came back to the SEC.
LSU had the opportunity to renegotiate Miles' salary which some think is unfair. But what's so fair about stealing coaches :confused: They have raised Miles to 3.4 mil a year if he wins the National Championship. He claims his family is very happy here and in fact his son was said that he may have to give up all of his "purple" stuff :(
ESPN was speculating some Jimbo Fisher among several ppl but I can't see him leaving FSU b/c he has an auto "head coach" clause in his contract there. He was our offensive coor before leaving for FSU and was great and respectable b/c he wouldn't break his contract when approached about leaving LSU. That makes me doubt he would jump ship there but who knows.
I do hope you get a great coach. Nebraska already scooped up our Def. Coor. Pellini I don't think we have any spares!

Stich8818
12-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Who coaches U of M. OSU will still beat them. Tressel just has UofM's number.

MsMin
12-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Who coaches U of M. OSU will still beat them. Tressel just has UofM's number.
Maybe they can win vicariously when our coach Miles WHO IS HERE TO STAY :cheer: a Michigan man will play OSU in the National Championship.
Hey did you see the OSU site? even their own fans don't believe they can beat LSU when their own poll said that LSU will win by 14 :blush: opps did Tiger fans here about that poll???? :rotfl: