PDA

View Full Version : I hope to get stopped by the police...

MsMin
11-23-2007, 10:39 AM
:cop:Yes, it's true. I would love to be stopped by our area police during this holiday season. WHY? because area police are giving out turkeys to good drivers.:car: I have been impressed by the impact b/c so many ppl are taking extra steps to drive careful in hopes of winning a turkey!
I don't believe this is in the city but just an area north of Baton Rouge. I think it's a great idea to make ppl more polite, cautious and careful for the holiday season.
Anyone else have this in your community? Would you drive more careful for a turkey? :turkey:They are checking that kids have their seatbelts on too! :tree:

mrsgaribaldi
11-23-2007, 10:46 AM
I never thought I would say this but I hope they get you ;):pixie::pixie::pixie:

disneydrmr
11-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Wow! That's a GREAT idea...I think an area here in Ohio did this one year - not with turkeys - I think it was coupons to area restaurants.. but I think EVERY community that can should do something like this! I know I'd be more aware of my driving if I knew I could possibly win something! I wish you good luck and hope that you get pulled over! :D

kakn7294
11-23-2007, 03:11 PM
We don't have anything like this in my area but it is a great idea. I drive pretty carefully most of the time but this would make me be just a little more careful. Best of luck to you on getting pulled over Beth! Wow, that sounds a little weird.

disneydeb
11-23-2007, 03:28 PM
I got a call from my DD Amy (some of you met her in October). She had just been stopped by the police and given a ticket for not having her seatbelt on, I'm glad she got ticketed. :thumbsup:

I think that is a great thing your city is doing. I hope you get a turkey!:thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
11-23-2007, 03:39 PM
I saw this on my local news channel. Some of the people were a little freaked out because they thought they were in trouble. But once the program was explained to them, they were very happy to get a turkey. I think it's a great idea!

merlinmagic4
11-23-2007, 04:36 PM
I've never heard of that (great idea though........I hope they get you, too!) but I did hear one summer that the police in our area were giving out ice cream coupons to kids on bikes/skateboards/roller blades with helmets on :)

Marilyn Michetti
11-23-2007, 04:39 PM
They did that in Mesa one year, giving out movie passes.

One of our tenors in the church choir got stopped almost in front of the church, and we were all giving him the "whoaaaaaaaaa's", and he just flashed his movie passes. He was soooo happy it was for driving carefully.:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-23-2007, 10:19 PM
I hope you get pulled over too! What a great idea. I wish they would implement something like that around here. We have some very aggressive drivers, to put it nicely.

Here we go again...
11-24-2007, 03:19 AM
Good luck with getting stopped!
I would freak out if I saw the lights behind me... even if I knew I did nothing wrong I would still be worried.
Call me if you need help eating the turkey!

pink
11-24-2007, 11:46 AM
I would freak out if I saw the lights behind me... even if I knew I did nothing wrong I would still be worried.

I feel the same way! Even if I know I'm driving correctly and I see a cop car waiting to write tickets I get so nervous haha.

I hope you get pulled over! :mickey: