PDA

View Full Version : MGM parade

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-22-2007, 02:21 PM
I thought I read somewhere that there is a new parade at MGM-studios, replacing the Motorcar Parade (which I never liked)

Is this true??

EPCOT84
11-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Probably you read about Block Party Bash, which starts next year in the spring. RIght now they still have the Stars and Motorcars Parade.

I agree, it is just "okay". It is trying to be a typical Hollywood celebrity parade but has not special charm to it. I felt the Motorcars parade style is reminisent of the Hollywood Christmas Parade held each year the Sunday after Thanksgiving (which by the way just got new life this year after threats of it being closed after last year)

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-22-2007, 05:41 PM
I just looked at the WDW website and it says that the Hollywood Holly-Day Parade will be at MGM...is this the same as the Motorcars Parade?

EPCOT84
11-22-2007, 05:58 PM
I googled Hollywood Holly-Day Parade and saw pics from another website. It looks just like the Stars and Motorcars parade with a Christmas theme.

By the way, when I watched the parade, Jafar went walking into the crowd to menace them. Trying to get back to the parade, he pushed me aside. I was blocking his way ! Woo, don't get on Jafar's bad side....

Strmchsr
11-22-2007, 06:09 PM
That's it. The Happy Hollyday Parade just has Christmas themed cars, most of them the same as the regular parade with Christmas decorations on them.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Pity ;) I won't be watching that them

Thanks guys!

DisneyGiant
11-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Funny - before Stars and Motorcars - we'd never go to the MGM parade - it was too hokey.....

Looking forward to see what's next in the imagineers' imaginations!

Gator
11-23-2007, 03:43 PM
I really like the Star&MotorCars Parade. You get to see all the Disney stars (including seldom used stars like Mary Poppins and the Muppets) in an old-style downtown parade. It was very well fit for the Studios.

The Block Party Bash isn't that good. I've seen it at California Adventure and it is really interactive for kids (they get to dance with cast members), but for adults or anyone who doesn't want to dance, it really stinks up the joint. I'm very unhappy that it's coming to Orlando.