PDA

View Full Version : Mary Poppins on Broadway

EPCOT84
11-22-2007, 01:54 PM
The Macy's parade had a performance of the Mary Poppins musical. The Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious song is a great merging of the movie and a new spell-out. Loved it !:thumbsup:

MegaDisney
02-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Just saw the touring company of this show last night at the Gammage Theatre in Tempe AZ. The original Broadway Bert was in the cast.

I enjoyed the show.

It did not move me the way Lion King did, but it was good fun nonetheless.

I know this is on tour so if it comes to a neighborhood near you, you should check it out.

:thumbsup:

Tink1
02-28-2010, 01:23 PM
I saw it in London. Bert was a fantastic actor. While I enjoyed it, I agree that it was not as moving as Lion King nor as visually exciting as Beauty and the Beast on Broadway.

Nanc

murphy1
03-02-2010, 12:58 PM
This one is coming to Atlanta, I want to see it.

Joannelet
03-02-2010, 01:14 PM
I loved this show to pieces!!! :)
I have to say my brother grew up with Walt Disney's Mary Poppins the movie and he was not happy with the show at all...its based on the actual book by P.L Travers.
I read the original book after the play and it made me appreciate it even more. :)
Great show. I loved it! :) That P.L Travers was a hoot!!!
I can now see why her and Walt would have bumped heads back in the day and she hated his movie!!!
My brother and I agree she would have been happy to see the broadway play. (or maybe not...) LOL but it is why she finally gave the rights to the show.....if they followed more closely to her book than to Walt Disney's version....
As in the orginal post...the supercally song was my favorite scene/song in the play. :)