PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben's Best Friends

kakn7294
11-22-2007, 01:01 PM
With all the bad news involving football players, I though I'd post some good news for a change. Ben Roethlisberger was on the local news last night explaining his foundation's newest project. This past summer, the only police dog in his hometown of Findlay, OH was shot. Ben is purchasing a new police dog for Findlay and now has pledged $15,000 to the City of Pittsburgh to purchase 2 police dogs. However, it doesn't end here. He's also pledged to donate the same money to every city in which he and the Steelers play an away game. It's the stories like this that we don't hear nearly enough of although I know he's not the only player who does things like this.

PirateLover
11-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks for sharing! I love police dogs. Generally when they aren't sniffing out drugs or chasing down criminals they are really very nice because they are trained so well. When my boyfriend was going to be a cop he really wanted to be on a K-9 unit. :thumbsup:

hoop de do
11-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Another reason to call him "Big" Ben. Thanks for sharing. Go Steelers.

#1donaldfan
11-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Just another reason to love the STEELERS!!!!
Ben is a class act, as are many of the other players and staff. You just don't hear any negative things from "OUR" team. They are a true role model on and off the field !!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

GO STEELERS !!

Donald A
11-25-2007, 03:15 PM
I do find this great that he is doing this. My wife, the Steelers fan, pointed out to me, the Browns fan, how he did this for the City of Cleveland for the first regular season game.