PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's ADR

princessjojo
11-22-2007, 09:49 AM
My family loves this restaurant. We've been there for both breakfast and dinner. For our next trip, we are planning to go again, but the debate in our home is which meal we should do.

Younger DS and I prefer breakfast. We just love starting my day this way, with the characters and the fun, and he is a big breakfast eater. We two love breakfast food anytime of the day. But it really isn't up to me, as we plan our character meals around where the kids want to eat. It's their part of the planning.

Older DS prefers dinner. He really has no real reason for his choice, other than he just wants the desserts. He is probably the only real dessert eater in our home. DH prefers dinner foods as well.

We don't want to go twice, but they both chose this as a place they really wanted to go to again and DH & I agree with them. Please help us decide...

Jared
11-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Amy, you're asking a tough question because your family disagrees! I much prefer dinner to breakfast and do not like to spend time in the morning at a character meal. My family would choose dinner every time.

Don't expect top notch food, but we had a fun experience at Chef Mickey's a few years ago.

ibrowse17
11-22-2007, 10:07 AM
We had dinner there on our last trip, and really enjoyed it! In the interest of doing something different each trip, we have breakfast planned for this trip. We enjoy CM's, and think both meals will be a fun time:thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
11-22-2007, 10:14 AM
I would suggest dinner just to try something different. Can you let your other son select a breakfast somewhere else? Where else are you planning to eat?

princessjojo
11-22-2007, 10:18 AM
We've done both breakfast and dinner and have enjoyed them both. It has become a tough decision for the two of them. Who would have thought they would that would be something that would perplex the two of them so...

crazeedizneefinatic
11-22-2007, 12:14 PM
I choose breakfast. We have never had a bad experience at breakfast. Last trip we tried dinner and yuck! Don't expect top notch food is an understatement. After looking at the poll though, it seems Dinner is winning so maybe we had a bad night??

KAT1811
11-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Last trip we tried dinner and yuck! Don't expect top notch food is an understatement.

i'm right there with you. We went for dinner and all I can say is never again!!! Yuck!!! I say breakfast, it's pretty hard to mess up eggs and toast!!!

laward32
11-24-2007, 12:14 PM
I picked breakfast b/c we have never done dinner. We didd breakfast on the 27th of Oct., our first full day. The food was great and it was an awesome way to start our trip. My two girls had a great time. I think my mom even got a kick out of it. We will definately do it on our next trip.:mickey:

Madame Leona
11-25-2007, 06:36 PM
I've never been there for dinner but I did like the breakfast. The food was good and it is a nice way to start the day. If ds wants sweets, there are plenty to choose from. There was a whole table set up with pastries and such that should make him happy. I know it made me very happy :blush:.

DisneyGiant
11-25-2007, 09:32 PM
I voted for breakfast - I prefer my dinners quieter ....... which Chef Mickey's surely isn't!! ;)

EPCOT84
11-27-2007, 06:42 PM
I say breakfast, it's pretty hard to mess up eggs and toast!!!

And its a fun way to get energized for the day !

GrmGrninGost
11-28-2007, 06:52 PM
My family and I love Chef Mickey's for breakfast! But, we were unimpressed with dinner there.

amorillo
11-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Our family has also done both meals here... but we'd all pick breakfast over dinner any day. Of course we're the family with the 8am ADR! We're up eating with Mickey... and still off to the parks pretty early! :mickey:

DDuck66
11-29-2007, 10:15 AM
We stayed at the CR in 05 and we always preferred the breakfast. It appeared to be much more exciting than the dinner and I love the foods on their breakfast bar. Dinner was just so-so in MHO.

natkevnol
11-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Normally I would pick dinner regardless of where it is at....However, we just had dinner at Chef Mickey's on November 24th and it was not good at all. And that's sad considering we usually love it and recommend it.

We found that the best thing to do was to have a late breakfast buffet. We have 3 boys and if we eat too early they'll be hungry again in an hour. Soooooooo...we had 3 late ADR's this last trip and it was PERFECT. We got to the parks upon opening..spent 2 hours basically walking on all rides (and this was the week of Thanksgiving) then we were ready to sit down and eat breakfast (10:00)...we usually left the restaurant around 11:00 and our family stayed full (give or take a few snacks) until dinner.

Let me add..that 2 of these breakfasts were at the new Tusker House character meal...WOW...I cannot say enough great things about it. So much better than the old location.

Hope this info helps.

DizNee143
11-30-2007, 04:54 PM
that is a tough decision..like your family i have done both and have enjoyed both..but we'll usually do breakfast there...and every once in a while do dinner...so i would side a bit more to the breakfast side..
goodluck with whatever you end up choosing..:mickey: