PDA

View Full Version : Question about Stitch

disneymaster
11-21-2007, 11:40 PM
So, just about 13 more days before my trip! I just have a question. There are a few "new" things i'm going to try this trip.

1) New HM
2) New Nemo ride and show
3) New mexico ride
4) Stitch
5) Monster inc laugh floor

and i'm sure there is a few more.

Anyways, i'm really worried about Stitch. When I was younger my parents took me to see the Honey I shrunk show and when the "mice" ran into the seats, I jumped up yelling and then sat down and "hugged" my legs. Still to this day I can't handle that show and I have learned when to move around on Its tough to be a bug so I don't feel anything. Does the Stitch show do any of this stuff? Does it make you think something on your legs or any other part of your body? I really want to give this show a try but after learning about how your locked into your seat, I don't know if I will be able to take it.

Thanks

celebrationasheley
11-22-2007, 12:50 AM
The attraction is very depressing. I went on it with the hubby and brother in law and they hated me the whole time through. In no way can this attraction be compared to HISTA and Tough to be a bug. As for tough to be a bug I would be a little worried! ;)

celebrationasheley
11-22-2007, 12:52 AM
The nemo musical and ride! :) The musical was wonderful, and yes show up a half an hour before! And the rides wait... basically just seems the time it takes you to walk through the empty lines an wrap around to get on the shells! :) Have fun!

chrisb26
11-22-2007, 01:53 AM
Stitch doesn't really do that many bad things. He spits so if you sit in a certain seat you might get hit. There are some smells that stink. There is one part that is a bit like the mice when he toches your head it feels the same way on your head as the mice on your legs do so that would be something to note.

MickeyMousse
11-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Have you tried POC since they redid it? :thumbsup:

PirateLover
11-23-2007, 12:55 PM
I believe there is a part where Stitch "breathes" down your neck. He also jumps on your shoulders and spits and burps on you. :ack:

WDWFREAK101
11-23-2007, 07:15 PM
surprisingly everything that you can think of happens to you in that ride except that feeling that you hate. He spits, he burps, he jumps on your head, he causes to torture you and to terrify little kids.If i were you, i would ride this at the end of the day. I rode this ride in the beginning of my trip and i had to go back to the hotel because i COULDN'T continue. I felt nauseous due to the smell and my back hurt due to those extremely uncomfortable seats that press down really hard on your back when Stitch jumps on you.

Anyway, have fun! lol.:thumbsup:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-24-2007, 09:21 AM
The first time I went on Stitch I was terrified as well, because I read so many things about how extremely scare the Alien Encounter was, so I was sweating bullets going in the first time..but it wasn´t that bad, I did it again later and I was fine, you don't get startled

And this is also coming from a guy that stands up right before the bugs "attack" in It's Tough to be a Bug :secret:

realtreebar
11-24-2007, 10:30 AM
you may want to hold off, it sure has an awful smell and my daughter made me go two years in a row and i WILL NOT go this year!!!!! good luck!! have fun in the parks. "gotta love:mickey:"

Dopeysgal
11-24-2007, 03:26 PM
awful smell?

I am going to WDW for the first time in over 3 years and I am excited for the Stich ride.

I was TERRIFIED on AE. I kept saying "it's just a ride, it's just a ride"

What's with new HM? I hope it's good, it's my favorite ride.

KAJUNKING
11-24-2007, 04:07 PM
im not crazy about the stitch ride but it is worth seeing if youve never done it :mickey:

trackbarroness
11-25-2007, 04:44 AM
Actually folks Stitch isn't a ride but a show with special effects. Since this will be your first time experiencing Stitch's great escape, just try it one time. Your either going to love it or hate it. Try to enter near the back of the crowd as you enter the theatre this way if you feel the need to leave for any reason you can do so without having to step over other recruits okay? I might be working in one of the theatres when you get there. And don't worry the room/chairs don't spin around at all during the show. okay? :D

LudwigVonDrake
11-25-2007, 06:42 PM
You may get spit on in SGE and there's the Chili Dog smell :ack:

Check out the Laugh Floor. It is an underrated attraction. Also the new Nemo musical is AWESOME!!!

Have a great trip :tink:

SurferStitch
11-26-2007, 10:52 AM
We love SGE, and experience it many times during a trip. :stitch2:

Stitch does "tickle" your hair at one point. The animatronic Stitch in the center of the room does spit water at a couple folks. The chili dog burp isn't bad at all, and dissipates quickly. Nothing grabs at your legs like in HISTA (we don't really care for that show too much....really needs an update).

If you do see SGE, make sure you follow the directions given to you, and sit up VERY straight as the restraints come down on you. Once they lock into position, you can sit normally. This will keep the restraint about 1" off your shoulders. When Stitch "jumps" down on you, the restraints will only lightly press down on you, with no pain whatsoever. Just make sure you follow the instructions when you are told. I learned this VERY quickly back in 1996 when we first experienced it as AE, and after the first time, never had a problem again.

PirateLover
11-26-2007, 02:28 PM
If you do see SGE, make sure you follow the directions given to you, and sit up VERY straight as the restraints come down on you. Once they lock into position, you can sit normally. This will keep the restraint about 1" off your shoulders. When Stitch "jumps" down on you, the restraints will only lightly press down on you, with no pain whatsoever. Just make sure you follow the instructions when you are told. I learned this VERY quickly back in 1996 when we first experienced it as AE, and after the first time, never had a problem again.
Even If I sit up straight, the restraints still hurt me. I actually stick my hands under there for extra room because I hate that part of the ride. It is completely unnecessary IMO.

MegaDisney
11-26-2007, 05:42 PM
One thing no one has mentioned is that you are literally locked into your seat, which leaves you with this chilling challenge if you freak out...

"To find a way out! Of course there is always my way....":mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
11-27-2007, 12:32 PM
awful smell?

I am going to WDW for the first time in over 3 years and I am excited for the Stich ride.

I was TERRIFIED on AE. I kept saying "it's just a ride, it's just a ride"

What's with new HM? I hope it's good, it's my favorite ride.

:offtopic: The changes in the HM are fantastic (IMHO). Make sure you don't miss it. The changes are easy to see. I don't want to tell you and ruin it.