PDA

View Full Version : Child Urinates from TTA

MPoppins
11-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Well, this is a new one-We just came out of CoP. We were sitting here near the bathrooms having a treat. The TTA had been stopped for a while when...down came a stream from above us - Yep - a father held his kid over the railing for him to urinate right on the ground in front of us!! Oh lovely... This dad actually pushed open the doors, pulled the kid out of an adjoining car and... well, the rest of the story is sitting in a puddle at our feet. Yucko! What is this world coming to?

mrsHerbie53
11-21-2007, 10:21 PM
I hope you were able to escape your surprise and shock in order to yell at the man. I am sure the kid couldn't hold it any longer -- it happens. But there must have been a better option. And would it have been that awful to take the kid back to the hotel to change???
It is a wonder it didn't hit you!

IloveDisney71
11-21-2007, 10:24 PM
That is gross. I cannot believe a parent would help a child do that. I'm so glad it didn't get on you or your group.:ack:

JPL
11-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Did you report the incident to a CM. I would have for sure and made sure action was taken against the guest.

ElenitaB
11-21-2007, 11:23 PM
This dad actually pushed open the doors, pulled the kid out of an adjoining car
I would hope and think that there are some sort of safety features that would alert the CMs when a vehicle door has been opened.

No matter, that behavior is really unacceptable and should have been reported ASAP to the nearest CM.

Iluvpooh
11-21-2007, 11:26 PM
That is so terrible. WOW. That is definatley a first(I hope)

Here we go again...
11-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Now that is just gross. :ack:
I am glad to hear you did not get a shower. It would have been much worse to feel it then realize what it was.

mttafire
11-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Did you report the incident to a CM. I would have for sure and made sure action was taken against the guest.

You got that right.
Some people are just plain IDIOTS letting their kids do such a thing.:mad:

chrisb26
11-22-2007, 12:37 AM
That is so nasty :ack: :sick:

I can't believe anybody would even think to do this. It doesn't make sense he couldn't have been thinking what if somebody just happend to walk past while this was going on. Good thing it didn't hit anybody. I would also think it would be impossible to pull the doors apart since they are automatic. Thats dangerious what if he dropped the kid and he fell?

I hope you reported it to a CM and they did something about it.

MPoppins
11-22-2007, 01:15 AM
I did, in fact, report the incident to a Tomorrowland CM. She didnt seem that interested as she had her hands full with rounding up the multiple guests who pried open their vehicle doors and proceeded to walk the TTA track! It was quite a sight. The guest "shower" was just another problem for those CMs tonight.

SpecJoe Magic
11-22-2007, 07:11 AM
I did, in fact, report the incident to a Tomorrowland CM. She didnt seem that interested as she had her hands full with rounding up the multiple guests who pried open their vehicle doors and proceeded to walk the TTA track! It was quite a sight. The guest "shower" was just another problem for those CMs tonight.

Why were all of those people being so impatient? Maybe the ride had been stopped for quite a while, but it seems dangerous to walk the track without permission because the ride vehicles could start moving again at any moment.

disneydeb
11-22-2007, 08:24 AM

CM's don't make enough money!:shake:

brownie
11-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Not cool! Our culture seems to have lost a lot of its sense of courtesy and decency.

When our kids were younger, we made frequent pit stops and made sure to have them try before long lines, just so they wouldn't have any problems in line or on a ride.

RedheadWriter
11-22-2007, 09:22 AM
:sick: So so disgusting and classless! I must say I was shocked to read this. I thought I had seen a lot in the parks, but this is a new low.
On a lighter note, whenever I am walking to the restrooms near CoP I will always remember this post and look up.
Rachel

Davyjones
11-22-2007, 10:24 AM
I feel the CMs pain. This happens all the time at my zoo. And it's always us keepers who discover them. People need to think ahead so that situations like this don't arise. And if your child needs to urinate and you're miserable, don't spread your misery to everyone else. Show some class. :mad:

MinnieMommie
11-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Beyond the issue of manners and community standards what what we consider to be acceptable behavior, this is a public health issue. I also think this must have been a very bad experience for the child involved. I think we need to be more proactive when we witness reportable incidences. If any given CM is unresponsive to a report we need to be asking to speak to managers or taking a walk to town hall to make a report. In truth someone should have addressed this incident with the parent on the spot. This is absoultely unacceptable behavior. :(

NewmanFamily6
11-22-2007, 01:03 PM
I had to read this twice to make sure I read it correctly. I can not imagine helping your child to do this! We have twin boys and it took us forever to explain to them that they could not just go outside. Imagine what other potty training children were thinking-Gee it must be ok to just go where ever we want to and no one will be mad:mad: Shameful really that any parent would aid their children in such activities. Now if the child had just dropped trow and the parents were trying to stop them I would have been more understanding. Not saying that is right either but it is a child what was Dad's excuse?

Polynesian Dweller
11-22-2007, 01:45 PM
I think we need to be more proactive when we witness reportable incidences. If any given CM is unresponsive to a report we need to be asking to speak to managers or taking a walk to town hall to make a report. In truth someone should have addressed this incident with the parent on the spot. This is absoultely unacceptable behavior. :(

In general I agree with you about being proactive but I think we also have to take the situation in consideration and cut the CMs some slack. I would start with the presumption that they've been through more of the ride stoppages than we have and have seen it all. As such, they have some experience dealing with things.

In this case, there are reports that there are people out of their cars and walking on the trackway so it sounds like it had been stopped for a while. That's pretty dangerous from any perspective. People could fall off of there, could contact some electrical apparatus, and the ride could start. They had a real control and safety situation on their hands.

I would suspect that the CM wasn't unresponsive or unconcerned but had some higher priority concerns to take care of. The gross situation wasn't potentially life threatening so would be taken care of second.

That all said, yep, the incident is pretty gross but I wonder where the family was on the ride, what the options were, and how long had it been stopped. What could they have done? Are we sure that this was as unacceptable as all that or were they out of options? Is it possible they couldn't get anywhere else given where they were stuck on the ride?

Might be interesting to hear some constructive options suggested for those who might find themselves in that situation with a kid who can't wait.

Victor Kelly
11-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Disgusting, classless. And IF the ride had indeed been stopped for a while, it falls on the management and CMs to clear the attraction ASAP, not to let people sit.

As for the father, well this is what the world has come to. Ignorance, and a general attitude of not caring have made this society what it now is.

BronxTigger
11-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Might be interesting to hear some constructive options suggested for those who might find themselves in that situation with a kid who can't wait.

If I remember correctly, the TTA seats are made of plastic. Bleach and a rag will clean that mess up real quick, and a change of clothes will clean up the kid quickly.

Holding a child OVER a railing outside the safety of the ride car is DANGEROUS. He could have dropped the child and killed him. Inexcusable.

mrsHerbie53
11-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Bleach and a rag will clean that mess up real quick, and a change of clothes will clean up the kid quickly.

This was the point I was making. The worst case scenario should have been the kid going in his pants and maybe getting it on the seat/floor of the TTA. Then he could have simply told a CM upon exiting that their car needed bleaching as his kid couldn't hold it any longer and gone for a clothes change. This would have prevented any further safety questions and may have slightly inconvenienced himself -- better than endangering his child and others (public health), plus grossing people out.

BelleandtheBeast
11-22-2007, 06:20 PM
I feel sorry for the child. If they had to go that bad I am sure they told the parents before hand. Some parents, how horrible to drag your kid on a ride that has to pee and then making them pee overboard. How rude and cruel. That child would have been fine had they stopped at a restroom before the ride began. I know when my kid has to go he makes sure to tell me every 2 seconds.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
11-22-2007, 07:50 PM
I feel sorry for the child. If they had to go that bad I am sure they told the parents before hand. Some parents, how horrible to drag your kid on a ride that has to pee and then making them pee overboard. How rude and cruel. That child would have been fine had they stopped at a restroom before the ride began. I know when my kid has to go he makes sure to tell me every 2 seconds.

I do not agree with the parent allowing the child to pee over the side. However, I think you missed one part of the story. It seems they were stuck on the ride for a long amount of time. No, the parents were not right in their actions but, it does not sound like this was just a regular length ride. There seems to be more to the story then the parents not stopping by a bathroom on the way to the ride. I take my kids to the bathrooms constantly on vacation and when we are out. But, there are times when the urge to goes on comes unexpected. With them, and me. I could be wrong but, the assumption I got from reading this post was that they were stuck on the ride for some time and their child had to go. NO, their actions were not right but, I think it was more then them ignoring their child about having to go to the bathroom.

I am not trying to start a debate...I am just pointing that out. :)

Ian
11-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Might be interesting to hear some constructive options suggested for those who might find themselves in that situation with a kid who can't wait.I can think of about 20 solutions more appropriate than having your child pee on guests walking beneath you. :rolleyes:

Peeing in a cup, a bottle, a glass, your hat, on the floor, on the seat, on the track, in his/her pants, in a bag .... is that enough constructive options for you?

Ridiculous. Absolutely classless and unforgiveable. I'm also pretty sure public urination is illegal (for obvious reasons).

Sad to say, however, not the first time ... I witnessed a man instructing his young son (about 3) to pee in a bush right by the Plaza Restaurant. Yes, I said the Plaza Restaurant ... you know, the one right next to the PUBLIC RESTROOM!?!?!?!

If you're facing the restroom entrance and look to your right, there's a small bush in the corner where the park entrance from backstage is ... that's where the kid was peeing. I completely and totally flabbergasted. What is wrong with people???

MinnieMommie
11-22-2007, 11:28 PM
In general I agree with you about being proactive but I think we also have to take the situation in consideration and cut the CMs some slack. I would start with the presumption that they've been through more of the ride stoppages than we have and have seen it all. As such, they have some experience dealing with things.

To me this is not about the CM and in no way did I intend to suggest that it was. It is a larger issue than any given CM. My point is that there are times when we need to get resolution about an issue and may need to follow up if the initial person we speak to is unable for any reason to address our concern. This incident was unacceptable for a variety of reasons and should not be tolerated. The incident was unhealthy and unsafe.

LoriMistress
11-23-2007, 01:12 AM
Well, this is a new one-We just came out of CoP. We were sitting here near the bathrooms having a treat. The TTA had been stopped for a while when...down came a stream from above us - Yep - a father held his kid over the railing for him to urinate right on the ground in front of us!! Oh lovely... This dad actually pushed open the doors, pulled the kid out of an adjoining car and... well, the rest of the story is sitting in a puddle at our feet. Yucko! What is this world coming to?

Wow! That is disgusting. Don't worry; I'm sure that parent was caught and Disney called the local police to have the guy arrested for endangering a child and among other charges. Do you know what Disney did?

mouseaddict
11-23-2007, 08:06 AM
This past summer we saw a family allow their child to pee in the line for the Barnstormer...and the wait was only about 10 minutes. We were absolutely disgusted and were quick to let them know that. He peed towards other people in the line and all over the fence. We told the CM's and they cleaned the fence..but I was just blown away with that one..and I am pretty tolerant of bad behavior!
My son often forgets to tell us that he has to pee until it is too late..so I carry an empty bottle for emergencies...ONLY for emergencies when making it to the bathroom is not an option....

MickeyMousse
11-23-2007, 09:46 AM
We are just being surrounded by a classless, disrespectful society. I mean when media glorifies Hollywood drug use, rehab, DWI's , jail and then you have the moron's on the internet posting videos of idiotic stunts, people just start thinking that anything is acceptable. Just my 2 cents on that.

I agree though that there were many other options rather than peeing over the side. Could you imagine walking below and suddenly being showered upon? :mad:

diz_girl
11-23-2007, 12:44 PM
At least it was just #1. During this time of Thanksgiving, be thankful that's all it was.

Jasper
11-23-2007, 12:59 PM
With all the millions of people at WDW each year I am sure this is far from the first time this has happened. Now before everyone jumps all over me I do agree this is a nasty thing to do and there are certainly much better way to handle this. However, we also have to consider that this person may also possibly be from some part of the world where this thing is more acceptable. And before you say this isn't acceptable anyplace in the world, I suggest you visit a few places south of the American border and other parts of the world where these things are very common. I know, that still doesn't make it any less nasty but unless we know more about the people who did it we should be a little careful in condemning them.

rkb
11-23-2007, 01:37 PM
When my boys were being toilet trained, I would carry ziploc baggies for those- oh no - moments. They didn't care for peeing in a bag , but it did the job in a pinch. After reading this post, I might bring some bags along for our upcoming WDW trip for just such an occasion.

Mackflava99
11-23-2007, 03:07 PM
As a parent, I understand that things happen, but to have it get so bad as to pull a "Micheal Jackson" and hand a child over the edge to urinate.... I am shocked. Its a gross action...
Yes I know i should not jump to conclusions, but I would expect there could have been some other alternative...
I have friends who are parents but they still only think of themselves and not their children, so I can believe a parent not asking their child if they have to go PRIOR to the ride. What kid would want to stop to use the restroom rather than go on a ride?

thrillme
11-23-2007, 03:52 PM
I do agree with an earlier poster that although this was the WRONG option there were "circumstances".

Aparently the child was stuck on the ride for an unusal length of time. Breaking out of the restraints to have him pee over the side...was NOT right. All I can figure is the parent "panicked". The incident was coming whether they liked it or not. That parent apparently "freaked"...I'm not not not NOT saying it was "right" to have them pee over the edge...but they were probably equally panicky about the child peeing ON the ride. Two milliseconds to try to think through this. What if the CM did NOT figure out which car was the "pee" car and you were the next person to sit there...double ick. You know the cast members don't always check every car and some people are "WET" when they sat down from a previous ride.

The number of small children I've seen just drop their drawers in the middle of a park or whatever and a panicked parent dashing towards them to pull them up...oh my... Probably never actually "faced" with that situation the brain shut down and they just freaked.

I think just having the child pee on the ride would have been better. But I know I've been stuck on a ride quite a while (Test Track)...because a sudden "storm" came through and they shut the ride down for quite a while.

Fallendroplet
11-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Disgusting, classless. And IF the ride had indeed been stopped for a while, it falls on the management and CMs to clear the attraction ASAP, not to let people sit.

CMs can't always clear the ride fast. I know for SM it can take hours to clear the ride after it goes down. What was done was unacceptable, but the CMs need to be cut a little slack. They cannot leave their area to go take care of a situation on a ride they are not trained for. Also, even though what the father did was disgusting :sick: and wrong, it was more important for the CMs to first get the idiots :mad: who got out of their vehicle off of the track.

LudwigVonDrake
11-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Not good at all :eek:

What is wrong with some people??? :confused:

Tigger&Stitch
11-23-2007, 11:40 PM
With all the millions of people at WDW each year I am sure this is far from the first time this has happened. Now before everyone jumps all over me I do agree this is a nasty thing to do and there are certainly much better way to handle this. However, we also have to consider that this person may also possibly be from some part of the world where this thing is more acceptable. And before you say this isn't acceptable anyplace in the world, I suggest you visit a few places south of the American border and other parts of the world where these things are very common. I know, that still doesn't make it any less nasty but unless we know more about the people who did it we should be a little careful in condemning them.

Gotta disagree with you on this one. "Ignorance of the law is not a defense of the law". I don't care what behaviors are ok in other countries - you have to abide by the rules in the country you are visiting. Ask any woman who has traveled to the Middle East, or that young guy who got caned in Singapore. Public urination is illegal, disgusting and unsanitary.

dmosher
11-24-2007, 12:04 AM
I almost peed myself reading these responses! To all of you who were grossed out and said this was terrible... Kudos! To those who mentioned "not knowing the whole story" I say... WHAT?

OK I have had to go... I mean REALLY GO! But never that much. Before you ask, no I do not have kids, but I have ridden in cars with children for hours and hours and yes they can be tough to deal with when they have to go but seriously, if your going to let them go out there in the open, let them just pee on the floor of the vehicle. There is plenty of room there and it wouldn't make much of a mess. What this sounds like is an irresponsible parent not wanting to DEAL with pee, and figured well I don't want to get wet or smell it so, let someone (or everyone) else deal with it and over the side he went.

Way to set a great example for your kid!
Also, before you try to drop the " different culture card" let me say this. I have been to countries where this is common place, not my thing, but OK... when I had to go and everyone else was getting off the bus and letting it rip on the side of the road... when in Rome, etc, etc.

But this was not my trip to Vietnam, this was a trip to Walt Disney World. There are bathrooms everywhere, there's no mistaking american culture regarding bathroom usage so that will not fly. If your unsure, read a guide book, it will specify.

I know I will get blasted for this as usual, but that's how I (and apparently many others) feel.
:mickey:
D

Fallendroplet
11-24-2007, 12:13 AM
I know I will get blasted for this as usual, but that's how I (and apparently many others) feel.
D

I applaud you :clappy:!

mttafire
11-24-2007, 12:17 AM
I almost peed myself reading these responses! To all of you who were grossed out and said this was terrible... Kudos! To those who mentioned "not knowing the whole story" I say... WHAT?

OK I have had to go... I mean REALLY GO! But never that much. Before you ask, no I do not have kids, but I have ridden in cars with children for hours and hours and yes they can be tough to deal with when they have to go but seriously, if your going to let them go out there in the open, let them just pee on the floor of the vehicle. There is plenty of room there and it wouldn't make much of a mess. What this sounds like is an irresponsible parent not wanting to DEAL with pee, and figured well I don't want to get wet or smell it so, let someone (or everyone) else deal with it and over the side he went.

Way to set a great example for your kid!
Also, before you try to drop the " different culture card" let me say this. I have been to countries where this is common place, not my thing, but OK... when I had to go and everyone else was getting off the bus and letting it rip on the side of the road... when in Rome, etc, etc.

But this was not my trip to Vietnam, this was a trip to Walt Disney World. There are bathrooms everywhere, there's no mistaking american culture regarding bathroom usage so that will not fly. If your unsure, read a guide book, it will specify.

D
100% correct my friend.:thumbsup:

RedheadWriter
11-24-2007, 10:30 AM
dmosher...a billion kudos. :thumbsup:

realtreebar
11-24-2007, 10:34 AM
kid will be kids but some parents is another thing!!

luvdiznee
11-24-2007, 10:37 AM
This sounds like a parent who should NOT be a parent. :mad:I would never teach my kid that. Common sense and courtesy have unfortunately gone out the window so much these days. If he had thought ahead of time to take his child to the bathroom first you wouldn't have had to deal with that. Sorry to the OP that you even had to see that.

Polynesian Dweller
11-24-2007, 06:02 PM
To me this is not about the CM and in no way did I intend to suggest that it was. It is a larger issue than any given CM. My point is that there are times when we need to get resolution about an issue and may need to follow up if the initial person we speak to is unable for any reason to address our concern. This incident was unacceptable for a variety of reasons and should not be tolerated. The incident was unhealthy and unsafe.
I may have misread your post a bit there. I do agree with your general point and I do agree that this appears to be unhealthy and unsafe.

I also agree with those who say you should take the kid to the bathroom first, if you can. I'm hearing other things in this post such as,
i. this wasn't a normal situation
ii. the ride seemed to have been down for long enough for people to decide to get up and walk unsafely on the track area so it sounds like more than a 5 mintue thing
iii. sounds like the CMs had not gotten around to helping people off the ride so again it raises questions about how long they had or had not been stuck there

So, I guess what I'm saying is I don't know how to judge what happened here. Were there options, had the parent made a mistake about not taking the child to the bathroom first (a lot of posters seem to make that assumption but I don't know what they could base that on), was the child in distress (diabetic myself and I know rapidly an emergency need can arise so was the child diabetic), and lots of other possibilities?

Until I have that kind of info in what was clearly a not normal situation (the ride was not operational) I find myself unable to be too judgemental. Everyone who sees this as a terrible parental situation may well be right but without all the facts maybe not.

And just for the record, in a normal ride operation and normal stoppage I too would be quite appalled.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
11-24-2007, 06:25 PM
I may have misread your post a bit there. I do agree with your general point and I do agree that this appears to be unhealthy and unsafe.

I also agree with those who say you should take the kid to the bathroom first, if you can. I'm hearing other things in this post such as,
ii. the ride seemed to have been down for long enough for people to decide to get up and walk unsafely on the track area so it sounds like more than a 5 mintue thing
iii. sounds like the CMs had not gotten around to helping people off the ride so again it raises questions about how long they had or had not been stuck there

So, I guess what I'm saying is I don't know how to judge what happened here. Were there options, had the parent made a mistake about not taking the child to the bathroom first (a lot of posters seem to make that assumption but I don't know what they could base that on), was the child in distress (diabetic myself and I know rapidly an emergency need can arise so was the child diabetic), and lots of other possibilities?

Until I have that kind of info in what was clearly a not normal situation (the ride was not operational) I find myself unable to be too judgemental. Everyone who sees this as a terrible parental situation may well be right but without all the facts maybe not.

And just for the record, in a normal ride operation and normal stoppage I too would be quite appalled.

That is exactly what I was trying to say a page back or so. :thumbsup:

I totally do not agree with the decision the parent made. I was just saying that jumping to the conclusion that the parent was just being uncaring or unresponsible by not going to the bathroom first is not an assumption I could make. There have been many times I have taken my children to the bathroom and then they had to go again in a few minutes. We all don't have long lasting bladders. Would I handled the situation differently...Of course.

I just think that assuming the parents never stopped at a bathroom before hand is not something we can assume from the original post. What they chose to do in the situation is without a doubt unhealthy and not the decision we would have chosen if it was our family in the situation.

Thanks for posting...You got across what I was thinking better then I did. ;)

Sunshine1010
11-24-2007, 08:39 PM
I got a story for ya'll........

In October, I stayed at the Polynesian Resort. One night, I went and sat on the swing on the beach that is between the Fiji building at the GF resort (kinda near the exit of the Aloha show).

I was the only one on the beach. The ONLY one. I was watching the showing of the Hallowishes across the lake.

The Aloha show let out and everyone left. A few people mingled on the beach, but only stayed for a moment and left. Except........a mother and a pre-teen daughter (about 13).

They were walking on the beach together, when all of a sudden they disappear. I hear one of them pouring something out (like the noise you pouring out a 20oz coke onto the pavement). I turn around....ONLY because it was about 4 feet from me....and there stood the pre-teen daughter....skirt hiked up and taking a Number One...while she stood up.

The mother was looking towards the walkway (which was behind me also) to see if anyone was coming.

I'm not sure if they saw me. I turned around, but no eye contact was made. SURELY they had to have seen me. I was FOUR feet away sitting in a swing...actively swinging (although not big swings).

I heard them cover up the....um...mess, with sand....and then they walked over near the Fiji building where I saw the husband/father waiting.

I was disgusted.

And....this lady was a very well-to-do lady. Diamonds everywhere, beautiful clothes...you know....

I thought about saying something...but just didn't. I was hoping that they saw me and the embarrassment would be enough.

Who knows if they knew I was right there......

DisneyTwirler13!
11-24-2007, 08:55 PM
What is the world coming to? :mad: I'm very upset at what these people are doing! If people want to act like babies and do their buisiness where ever they want, they should wear a diaper! GRRR!!
And something like that happened to me! We were at SeaWorld with people from England, and we were in the 2nd row from the top of Shamu Stadium. The couple behind us had a small boy. About halfway through the show, I look down to pick up my coke, and see a stream of something coming from behind us. Turns out, the father had decided to let his son relieve himself on the back wall of the stadium! :covered: The mother was just sitting there watching the show, acting like nothing was happening! And then the small child who was sitting in front of us almost slipped through the opening at the back of the benches, and he would have landed in the stream of urine!
Who teaches their kids to go where ever they want?!? They're in public, for Pete's sake! Sheesh!
Sorry about the ranting, but these things just get me riled up! :mad: :rant: :blowup:

EPCOT84
11-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Sorry to read about that! You are right to vent here. Those parents are really insensitive!

(By the way DisneyTwirler13, you're close to making Senior Cast Member so congrats !)

RedheadWriter
11-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Every sensibility was offended when I read this one! :ack: This is why I bring Purell and NEVER put shoes etc... on beds. You never know what you are touching or walking on.
Rachel is speechless after reading this that's for sure!

I got a story for ya'll........

In October, I stayed at the Polynesian Resort. One night, I went and sat on the swing on the beach that is between the Fiji building at the GF resort (kinda near the exit of the Aloha show).

I was the only one on the beach. The ONLY one. I was watching the showing of the Hallowishes across the lake.

The Aloha show let out and everyone left. A few people mingled on the beach, but only stayed for a moment and left. Except........a mother and a pre-teen daughter (about 13).

They were walking on the beach together, when all of a sudden they disappear. I hear one of them pouring something out (like the noise you pouring out a 20oz coke onto the pavement). I turn around....ONLY because it was about 4 feet from me....and there stood the pre-teen daughter....skirt hiked up and taking a Number One...while she stood up.

The mother was looking towards the walkway (which was behind me also) to see if anyone was coming.

I'm not sure if they saw me. I turned around, but no eye contact was made. SURELY they had to have seen me. I was FOUR feet away sitting in a swing...actively swinging (although not big swings).

I heard them cover up the....um...mess, with sand....and then they walked over near the Fiji building where I saw the husband/father waiting.

I was disgusted.

And....this lady was a very well-to-do lady. Diamonds everywhere, beautiful clothes...you know....

I thought about saying something...but just didn't. I was hoping that they saw me and the embarrassment would be enough.

Who knows if they knew I was right there......

Cinderelley
11-24-2007, 10:06 PM

I have to agree with you. Although I find it a disgusting situation, I tried to look at the situation from several different points of view. Even if the child was taken to the bathroom right before the ride, sitting on a not moving riding & slurping down soda or water can make a situation quickly develop. And, if the child is young and easily frightened, knowing that the ride was "broken" could have added to it.

So dad has this situation developing on his hands. One option is peeing in the ride. What if there are other people in the car? What about the person who has to sit in the seat next? Do you think he could point out to the CM which seat it was once he found one? How do you tell them apart? After that, how do you get the kid back to the hotel to change - have him sit on a bus seat with pee on his pants? I'm sure sitting in peed on clothes for a long bus ride would be traumatizing for a child too. Yes, maybe he could buy new clothes, but maybe he didn't have extra money.

Next step, pee on the walkway. Well, there's people walking on it, which would contribute to dad not being able to quickly get the child to the bathroom. (I know people have assumed that people were randomly getting out of their vehicles, but what if the CMs had told everyone to walk safely to the nearest exit.) Do you set up a situation where someone could trip on a wet surface? I'm sure the TTA gets electricity somehow. Are there exposed electrical "things" anywhere that might create a hazard if they got wet? Would the child be accidentally peeing on someone who was walking by?
Next option, peeing off the side. If child pees off the side he may pee on someone's head, but if dad lifts him and checks it out, maybe that won't happen.

Now the last one might not be the preferred option for myself and many others, but don't assume that the parent is a bad parent without walking a mile in his shoes.

Seasonscraps
11-25-2007, 12:41 AM
I cannot imagine any situation where possibly peeing on other people from overhead is the best solution an adult can come up with for an emergency bathroom situation.

MinnieMommie
11-25-2007, 06:47 AM
I cannot imagine any situation where possibly peeing on other people from overhead is the best solution an adult can come up with for an emergency bathroom situation.

Could not have said it better!!

#1donaldfan
11-25-2007, 09:27 AM
When we're at Disney we generally let a lot of "things" go, but this one would have made me see RED !!! I don't know what I would have done, but I can assure you it wouldn't have been good. I am sorry you had to experience this insane deed by someone and hopefully it didn't ruin your time at Disney. YUCK!!

A Big Kid
11-25-2007, 09:36 AM

Hello!

I am sure all the rationalizers and apologists would be singing a different tune had their head been the one to get sprinkled!

"Oh, that's fine,:thumbsup: I understand that sometimes a parent has to do what a parent has to do. :number1:Nevermind me, I'll just go back to my hotel room and disinfect myself. :blush: Have a magical day and enjoy the rest of your ride on the TTA!":D

Cinderelley
11-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Hello!

I am sure all the rationalizers and apologists would be singing a different tune had their head been the one to get sprinkled!

I don't remember reading that anyone got their head sprinkled on.

LoriMistress
11-25-2007, 04:01 PM
It doesn't matter race/religion/up bringing/class/etc. people are just disgusting.

magicman
11-26-2007, 10:21 AM
- Sounds like a bad decision, but I'm not as aghast, appalled, and outraged as everyone else seems to be. (I'm not much of a sophisticate.)

I've had birds poop on me. Now that is an outrage. I think we should ban them from the parks. (Unless they come in the cooked variety.):D

MMouse6937
11-26-2007, 01:46 PM
- Sounds like a bad decision, but I'm not as aghast, appalled, and outraged as everyone else seems to be. (I'm not much of a sophisticate.)

I've had birds poop on me. Now that is an outrage. I think we should ban them from the parks. (Unless they come in the cooked variety.):D

DH had a bird poop on him outside Buzz Lightyear on our last trip. He handled it quite well actually :D

As far as the child peeing, not sure I would be grossed out or not. I guess a little bit, but I most of the time let what kids do roll off my back, Disney is a overwhelming for them. Now, parents are another story

MegaDisney
11-26-2007, 02:10 PM
That is just gross.

You need a license to drive.....

I once saw a woman in line for Space Mountain, take a zip lock baggie out of her backpack and allow her small son to urinate in it. She then zipped the bag up and and threw it in a planter. Some people...

Taja
11-26-2007, 02:33 PM
We were in the BTMRR queue when someone did the same thing from above. They did hit someone above us. It was one of the few times that I've been thankful for a limited sense of smell! My friend said it was quite ripe!

The birds in Frontierland picked on me, as well. We were waiting for the afternoon parade and I had been keeping an eye out for the birds. One snuck past the defense system, though. Thankfully, it just hit one spot on my shirt and a trip to the ladies room after the parade took care of it. :thumbsup:

lightyearfan
11-26-2007, 04:24 PM
simply disgusting, how anybody can do something like that is beyond me, if that was me i would have gotten a cm and have his party fined for public urination and thrown out of the partk!!

Victor

Cinderelley
11-26-2007, 05:42 PM
DH said he would only be made if they didn't yell "Look out below!!!" first. :rotfl:

MPoppins
11-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Well, who would have thought my little post would have started this? :blush: I have to say that while the puddle of urine on the concrete was pretty gross :sick: that the danger of busting open the attraction cars was what caught my attention. Once that guy popped open those doors and allowed his son to... well, we all know... everyone in that stretch of the attraction started to come out of their cars. I wondered where they were going as they headed in the direction of the walled area that enters CoP. I don't know how long the TTA had been stopped, but no length of time would justify the decision to walk that track unless a CM was there as a guide.

On a side note, my husband has had an unfriendly bird leave a "gift" on him too. Out on the water around DD - plop - right on his sleeve while out boating! Good thing he had on a parka...

Mackflava99
11-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I am a parent I understand, BUT parents usually prepare for the worst.
As much as some people have stood up for the parent, I really find it hard to make an excuse for them.
PArents need to plan for these "outbursts" and know when their child last went and the normal frequency.
Especially if they just gave them an extra large soda just prior to going on the ride....
On a good note: It always amazes me how clean the bathrooms are at Disney. With the number of people passing through. Its comparable to Penn Station in NYC or Grand Central. And those NYC bathrooms are some of the grossest places in the world.
In most cases I think people do care, but there will always be the others like this chap who hangs his kid out like Micheal Jackson- I am shocked noone even talked about the danger or doing it to the child..

FenwayGirl
11-27-2007, 08:32 AM
I am speechless!!:sick:
What is wrong with people. I have raised 3 kids and now am raising grandkids. I feel bad for my grands because my husband and I are old school as far as discipline goes. This parent should have been repremanded...not the child.

goofysbabe
11-27-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm curious what would have happened if they fixed the TTA and it started back up with all those people walking the track - how dangerous is that!!! Then of course those people would blame Disney - I just don't get people these days -

What in the world is that parent teaching his child. :(

pdrlkr
11-27-2007, 09:43 AM
People just don't care about anything but themselves anymore. :shake: :shake:

magicman
11-27-2007, 11:10 AM
People just don't care about anything but themselves anymore. :shake: :shake:

The same goes for those birds...self, self, self...that's all they think of.
:archer::chicken:

Ian
11-27-2007, 11:46 AM
:archer::chicken:I should certainly hope that we could expect the average human being to behave with slightly more decorum and intelligence than the average bird.

Then again ....

PrincessCandaceMarie
11-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Eeew and yuck! That is wrong on so many levels I better keep my mouth shut! I'm just glad for you that you weren't hit or got any on you.....:mad::sick::ack:

Cinderelley
11-27-2007, 12:25 PM

:laughing: I've got a hankering for chicken now. Can you send some on over when you get it ready?

SignguyTom
11-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Maybe they should change the name back to the Pee-ple Mover. :ack:

Sorry - couldn't resist...:thedolls:

Cinderelley
11-27-2007, 12:42 PM

:rotfl:

Juniorunc2001
11-27-2007, 03:28 PM
This really might be the nastiest thing i have heard of at Disney World.

RedheadWriter
11-27-2007, 07:48 PM

This was the best thing I have read all day! :thumbsup:The best pun!!!!!
Rachel

Miss Mouse
11-27-2007, 08:49 PM

Well done! That was absolutely hilarious! :haha:

Now that you said this, I'm actually a little amazed that none of us thought of it before!

2Epcot
11-27-2007, 09:00 PM
This really might be the nastiest thing i have heard of at Disney World.

At least the pizza doesn't have to have that title now.

jclightchasr
11-28-2007, 04:08 PM
I can think of about 20 solutions more appropriate than having your child pee on guests walking beneath you. :rolleyes:

Peeing in a cup, a bottle, a glass, your hat, on the floor, on the seat, on the track, in his/her pants, in a bag .... is that enough constructive options for you?

Ridiculous. Absolutely classless and unforgiveable. I'm also pretty sure public urination is illegal (for obvious reasons).

I totally agree with Ian here, there were several other options I for one would probably opted for cup or bottle if there was none i would have gone for the seat and then informed a CM. This post has prompted me to pack a change of clothes for our potty trained three year old JIC.

thrillme
11-28-2007, 04:24 PM

Isn't that supposed to be Mine! Mine! Mine! :D

ToDisney
11-28-2007, 10:26 PM
I was telling my kids about this, reading them a few of the posts... When I happened to stop on something that made me notice,
This gives a whole new meaning to the name T.T.A

I can't believe this happens so often.:(

hubbyofadisneyholic
11-28-2007, 10:45 PM
At least the pizza doesn't have to have that title now.

Isn't that the truth!!!:ack::ack:

Tigger&Stitch
11-29-2007, 12:23 AM
On a good note: It always amazes me how clean the bathrooms are at Disney.

Maybe incidents like this are why the bathrooms are so clean! :drummer:

2Epcot
11-29-2007, 12:24 AM
Maybe incidents like this are why the bathrooms are so clean! :drummer:

Love the rim shot ... I'll have to remember that the next time I post a joke.

momof3+twins
12-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, I don't think I would like to have been on the receiving end of this one. But, I have a preschooler that has a problem holding it so I can kind of relate to this one! Gross!!:ack: