PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopping on New Years Eve?

TinaAndGlenn
11-21-2007, 07:07 PM
My family & I would like to PH from MGM to EPCOT on Dec 31. We know the parks will be jammed, but would love advice from those of you who have gone at this time. Also, when we leave MGM, will they (Guest Relations) tell us if EPCOT is closed? Or do they wait for you to arrive & turn you away? I am confused on this point!
Thanks

Jeff
11-21-2007, 07:39 PM
We parked hopped from MK to Epcot on Christmas day twice and they told us at MK that Epcot was still open

Piglet822
11-21-2007, 08:56 PM
I would check with Guest Relations just to be on the safe side because it does get busy during holidays :santa:
Have a good time!!

TinaAndGlenn
11-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks!

DizneyRox
11-22-2007, 11:04 AM
I would not plan on park hopping on one of the busiest days. Pick the park you want to spend the night in and plan on staying. Last time I was there, Epcot was closed at around 11am, MK was closed well before that. I'm not sure if they ever opened back up, I was glad we made it.

I remember waiting in a traffic jam to get into the Epcot parking lot well before 7am

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-22-2007, 01:46 PM
I have only been to WDW on trips that included New Year´s Eve! We went to MK in the morning which was packed and at 1.00 pm we went to Epcot..a (very friendly!) CM on the monorail to Epcot told us MK had just closed it gates but that Epcot has seldom reached full capacity so we could enter..and we did! 3 times we went to Epcot on New Year's and it's absolutely unforgettable!

This year we're gonna try the Studios though..just for a change :secret:

DizneyRox
11-22-2007, 04:24 PM
This year we're gonna try the Studios though..just for a change :secret:
I can't recommend going to MGM on a holiday. MGM doesn't hold crowds well and fireworks viewing areas are VERY, VERY crowded.

TheRustyScupper
11-22-2007, 05:47 PM
1) MK gets very crowded on major holidays.
2) It does get into the closing stages.
3) Hopping from MK to another park should not be a problem.
4) Hopping to MK might be tough.
5) Usually
. . . MGM and Epcot do not fill to capacity
. . . MK can get to capacity, and has on several occasions

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I know MGM might not be the best park for New Year..but I went to Epcot three times, I am going to see the fireworks in MK on the
30th of December because someone on Intercot (Thanks again:number1:) told me that they have the same fireworks there as on the 31th