PDA

View Full Version : Size of lockers?

Nini
11-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Could someone please give me an idea of how big the lockers in the parks are? Do you think they would hold a small(ish) 15x12 carry-on bag? We certainly don't want to be stuck carrying it around if it won't fit into a locker!

Thanks!!
Denise:mickey:

Mickey 101
11-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Is it soft-sided? I'm not sure what the dimensions of the lockers are, but they are available in two different sizes. We have been able to squeeze four jackets, a backpack and some extra pairs of shoes in the large lockers on our trips to WDW. They are no more money than the small lockers........its just first come, first served.

Nini
11-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the response -
Yes, it is soft-sided. Maybe we should break up our stuff into a couple Disney shopping bags in case no large lockers are left. Do they usually sell out?

Denise:mickey:

DizneyRox
11-21-2007, 06:09 AM
It's been a while since I rented a locker, but:

a. I think only MK (poossibly Epcot) has large lockers. I've never seen them at any of the parks honestly, but I thought I heard someone say something to that effect.
b. I wouldn't rely on there being any available. I've been to the parks when they sell out. They are limited, and I can see them easily not having enough to accomodate on certain days.

If you aren't prepared to carry something around, don't bring it to the parks. If it doesn't fit, then your choices are to carry it, or go back to your room/car to drop it off.

I was surprised at how small the lockers really are. Yes, you could stuff comething the size of a small gym bag in there, but not much more. Even the softsided carryon have some rigid pieces, like a telescopiung handle, etc. that might pose a problem.

kakn7294
11-21-2007, 08:51 AM
I believe that a 12 X 15 bag would fit comfortably in a MK locker. I don't know if there are any "large" lockers - I didn't see any. We used a locker in August for our Pirate & Princess party costumes as well as to store the pic and wands we got at CRT for dinner. Everything fit in just fine and we didn't even have to cram it all in. They're not huge, but the average backpack, diaper bag, or duffel bag generally fits. I've heard that Epcot has oversized lockers but they are outside the park near the bus stops.

offwego
11-21-2007, 09:47 AM
we also got a large one at MGM (can't recall AK sorry).

We normally use a messenger style bag or a smaller tote style back for coats etc.