PDA

View Full Version : Disney Electrical Parade

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-20-2007, 06:05 PM
I am going next month and just read that this parade will be at DCA..

Is this the same version that was playing in DLRP in 1994? I think it was called Main Street Electrical Parade then

NotaGeek
11-20-2007, 06:13 PM
This is actually the original version that was Disneyland's Main Street Electrical parade that inspired the DLRP version. It's one of the things I ALWAYS do at DCA. So great in all of it's nostalgic cheesiness! :mickey:

And that MUSIC, not to mention the bugs! Love it!

*tinker_belle*
11-20-2007, 10:30 PM
This parade brings me back to when i was 4 years old. To this day, i cry every time i see the Electrical parade!

Crystal Palace
11-21-2007, 09:37 AM
It's basically the same, minus a few floats. The it's a small world float is gone now. I actually heard that it caught on fire and was damaged. Not sure how true that is, so don't quote me!;)

There's at least one more missing, but I forget which one. Can anyone help me out here?

tinkwest
11-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Pinocchio is gone.

MegaDisney
11-21-2007, 12:59 PM
My favorite memory of DEP is ChipDale calling out to the bugs... "Hey buggy!" which made the little snail come right up to us and make some strange noises. The same parade she had a connection with Smee in his little boat. He blew her kisses and put his hand up like a cell phone and motioned "call me" :mickey:

I love DEP and it brings back TONS of childhood memories from Disneyland.

SignguyTom
11-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I remember watching the MSEP from the Skyway back in the mid-80's. We were at DLR in early Novemeber and noticed that the Electrical parade was not scheduled for when we were there. I asked a CM if it had been officially retired and she said no, that it was pretty much seasonal thing now. I guess they only bring it out during the busiest times of the year now.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-21-2007, 04:48 PM
I will definately go see it then!
My favorite memory is being 8 years old watching this parade for the first time with my family, on new years just before the fireworks..I have never been happier!:cloud9:

EPCOT84
11-22-2007, 04:53 PM
MSEP was my fave too and I'm glad its back, even if it is at DCA. Enjoy it again !

It was a big thing when they took it away. The commercials bombarded us with "see it before it goes away forever".

I can be either cynical (big marketing gimick) or optimistic that fan reaction is what brought it back.

I LOVE that music ! Now its in my head and I'll be bouncing around the house :drum:....

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-22-2007, 05:13 PM
I was just gonna ask, it is still the same old music right?? HANDS DOWN my all time favorite Disney tune

Wow, I downloaded clips from MSEP from another website and it had me so incredibly excited! I felt 8 again :blush::cloud9:

CANNOT wait to see it again

EPCOT84
11-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Oh yes !

There's a YouTube video. Type in "Disney's Electrical Parade California Adventure" or look for "ru42". I'm running it now and bouncing along and crying ! :cloud9:

By the way "RU42" does lots of great Disney park videos !

Miss Mouse
11-22-2007, 09:57 PM
I LOVE the Electrical Parade!!! I think if I had to pick only one Disney parade to watch for the rest of my life, this would be the one. I love the music, the twinkling lights and especially the bugs! They are my absolute favorite. In fact, I like the EP lightning bugs so much, that I think we should get a EP bug smiley on here! :mickey:

Enjoy the parade when you go! I wish I was there watching it too!

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-24-2007, 09:37 AM
WOOOOOOW!!!!! :number1::cloud9:

Thank you so much Epcot84, you've absolutely made my day!! The very beginning when the announcement was over, I immediately got a adrenaline rush!
I also have never seen the "to honor america" float, that's beautiful! I think they took that one out when it was at DLRP

I simply cannot wait, perhaps I'll go see it twice next month! Again, thank you sooo much! The absolute best parade in the history of the galaxy ;):blush:

EPCOT84
11-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Glad to be of help ! :thumbsup:

Melanie
11-25-2007, 05:57 AM
My favorite memory of DEP is ChipDale calling out to the bugs... "Hey buggy!" which made the little snail come right up to us and make some strange noises. The same parade she had a connection with Smee in his little boat. He blew her kisses and put his hand up like a cell phone and motioned "call me" :mickey:

One of my most favorite Disneyland moments. :mickey:

I love this parade! Have fun when you see it next month, Disney-lovin' Dutchman. :thumbsup: