PDA

View Full Version : Check in time

PrincessASquared
11-20-2007, 05:14 PM
My family and I are leaving in a week for our first trip home at SSR.:santa3: Our flight arrives (hopefully) early a.m. Check in is at four. This time of year, should we plan to check in at four or is there a chance of checking in earlier?
Thanks

dlpmikki
11-20-2007, 06:00 PM
You can always try for an early check-in but it is unlikely. I have checked in as early as 9am but I am not sure if the CM or I was more astonished! You can certainly get all the paperwork done and get your room keys early but you may have to ring back later to find out which room they will work!

meandmydog1
11-20-2007, 07:03 PM
I have tried to check in early before and have had little to no luck. They will let you go through all the motions of checking in including giving you the keys(card) to your room but you will not be able to find out your room number until they are ready for you to find out. They gave me a number to call back to see if my room was ready but the room wasnt ready until about 230pm. You have to call them, they will not call you, at least that is what I have experienced. Have fun!

Pirate Granny
11-20-2007, 07:42 PM
We've had the best of luck, even at SSR...we checked in at 10am and got our room right away...it was in May, so it wasn't low season either...we've gotten rooms as early as 9am at the Pop...and as late as 5:30 at WL...room wasn't ready and we really started to complain at 4pm...it's always worth a try...
:pirate:

MickeyMousse
11-20-2007, 07:55 PM
We just got back from SSR and were able to check in at 1pm. Not as early as you are coming in, but I was glad to not have to wait 3 more hours!

rbl291
11-21-2007, 09:56 AM
We always fly in early morning. We plan on NOT being able to actually get in our room, so we do the pre-check in, get the keys and phone number,change clothes if need be.(Always carry a change of clothes in carry-on) drop off our luggage at bell services (they have always been great!) and head off for one of the parks. We plan our dinner based on being late for that first day, call and get our room number, go freshen up and head back out for a fun evening!

We have been lucky many times and been able to check in as soon as we arrive, but Disney says.check in is 4:00 pm, so anything earlier is a plus. Just plan it that way and you can't be disappointed;) Have a fabulous time! We are coming down Dec 1 for a week of relaxation!

wendy*darling
11-21-2007, 01:58 PM
We do basically the same thing. We assume our room will not be available until later, so we pack anything we need to freshen up, get the room keys, etc. squared away, drop off the carry-ons at Bell Services and head out for our first fun day.
Lately we have been using Magical Express, so our checked luggage is already in our room when we get back in the evening. :thumbsup:
I usually call around 4 or 5pm, but we never head back until the park closes.

Before DME, we dropped all of our luggage at the bell stand and stopped by there on the way up to the room when we came back for the night.

tinkerbell04
11-21-2007, 02:03 PM
We have always been able to check-in early, just not always be able to get into our room early. The last time we stayed at the BWV, they took our cell phone number and an automated call came through when our room was ready.:mickey: I don't know about the other resorts as our rooms have been ready when we arrived the past several trips.

Maleficent's Dad
11-21-2007, 10:24 PM
We always go through the check-in process early.

On several occaisions, we've gotten into our room pretty early. Most recently, we got a 1BR at VWL at 8 AM. We've also had similar luck at the BCV. However, these are the exceptions, not the norms. If a room is available, they'll give it to you. If not, you'll get in close to 4. In fact, we've had to wait as late as 5 to get into some rooms. It just depends on how busy the resort is and whether or not your room is ready.