PDA

View Full Version : Aunt Polly's at Tom Sawyer Island

McGoofy
11-20-2007, 04:30 PM
What happened to Aunt Polly's at Tom Sawyer Island? Does it ever open anymore? I've been to Disney a lot in busy seasons and off seasons, and I've never seen it open. My DH and I have always said that would be a great time for us to get a snack, sit, relax, and watch DS play. Just wondering?:confused:

KylesMom
11-20-2007, 05:22 PM
We haven't seen it open in probably four years. It was a nice place to grab a lemonade and cool off after running around the fort - it's a shame they don't have some type of refreshment stand over there any longer. I wonder if it was a lack of patronage, or the fact that they didn't want to have to clean up the trash around the island that finally closed it down?

Natazu
11-22-2007, 05:54 AM
It's time to ditch the whole TSI idea and put in a Club 33 type experience. I think the island woud be perfect. Anybody else?

TheRustyScupper
11-22-2007, 11:20 AM
It's time to ditch the whole TSI idea and put in a Club 33 type experience. I think the island woud be perfect. Anybody else?

1) Not sure if I like the idea for WDW.
2) It works well for DL.
3) At DL, there is a limited membership.
4) The members and guests respect its purpose.
5) At WDW, they don't need a business outlet, as they have other parks.
6) If they opened it to the public, then it would introduce booze to MK.

NOTE: We have been at Club-33 in DL. A company for which I worked was a member. I was not listed as an authorized person, but was taken there several times as a perk.