PDA

View Full Version : Parades and ceremonies during Christmas

Wayne32
11-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Can anyone offer some info on what parades and shows we should not miss while at Disney from 12/6- 12/8. My kids are 5 and 10

Thanks,

Wayne

JPL
11-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Definately get tickets to MVMCP if it is running one of those days.

MK
Castle Lighting Daily at 5:45 PM

MVMCP which includes:
Once Upon A Christmas Parade
Mickey's Night Before Christmas
Holiday Wishes
Character Meet and Greets
Cookies and Hot Chocolate

Epcot
Tree Lighting Ceremony
The Lights of Winter
Christmas Around the World

AK
Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade
Camp Minnie Mickey Character Trail

MGM
The Jolly Hollywood Parade
Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing lights

McGoofy
11-20-2007, 04:24 PM
It's all so good in all of the parks, but I see you are there just a short time. My personal favorite at Christmas is Epcot. You can go around the Worldshowcase and hear all of the holiday stories. And in the USA, you can get a really nice picture with Santa and Mrs. Clause! It is also neat to see all of the different decorations in each country. The evening is the best part with the tree lighting ceremony and the show with CM's and characters that goes along with that. There's also the Candlelight processional with the choir that is so pretty.

The other thing that is just amazing to see is The Osbourne Spectacle of Lights at MGM.

You will enjoy Christmas at WDW no matter what you do!:santa3::tree::santa:

Figment!
11-20-2007, 04:31 PM
See the following sections of INTERCOT info Central for Seasonal Entertainment and Regular Entertainment with Seasonal Overlays(Respectively):

Seasonal Entertainment Guide (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/holidays/seasonalevents/default.asp)
Current Events (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/calendar/events.asp)

sanchiplus2
11-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Lighting of the castle at MK... We didn't do the MVMCP since it was extra. In fact, we avoided MK on the days that it was held, and the park was VERY un-crowded (it was a Wednesday too, so that helped). People are amazed when they see our pictures of the castle, and there are no families (other than us) in the photo.

Osbourne Lights at MGM... must see for sure!