PDA

View Full Version : If you could build an attraction in Epcot...

century3
11-20-2007, 12:43 PM
I’ve always been fascinated by the pavilions in Epcot, ever since my first trip there in 1983 (Horizons was still under construction). I used to try to imagine what types of new pavilions and attractions would be added in the years to come and even tried to design a few ideas myself. I always thought a pavilion about space would be nice and then Mission Space was built. I love Mission Space, but wish it had more about…well…space. It would be nice if they could add a section about space itself and even about the technologies to get there, current and upcoming. It’s nice to see what it’s like to go, but how does it all work and how will it work? For World Showcase, I think having a pavilion from South America would be nice, perhaps Brazil. We could learn about the country and its people and perhaps even float down the Amazon.

My question to everyone is what kind of pavilion or attraction would you build in Epcot if you had free reign and could do anything?

Von-Drake
11-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I think a unique ride would be to build one that showed the past present and future state of rides at Disney. Incorporate scenes about rides that used to be at Disney, even concepts that never came to be. They could use some from Mr. Toad, Horizons, World of Motion, Skyway, etc... discuss the other hotels that were slated to be on the monorail line, etc... Maybe not the most popular attraction, but I know a lot of people from this board, like myself, miss some of the older attractions and want them preserved in some fashion. Such an attraction might not be perfectly suited for EPCOT, but I think it would be cool nonetheless.

poeticeclipse
11-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Can we just put a modern version of Horizons in?

Sulk sulk sulk

tinklover
11-20-2007, 02:09 PM
I think I would Most definitely add some more rides to epcot like in france build the eifel tower that you could actually ride up and hear facts about the country stuff like that , I am a ride buff and epcot just doesn;t do it for me, don;t get me wrong it is beautiful there and you learn so much but i would definitely add more rides :thumbsup:

RedheadWriter
11-20-2007, 02:21 PM
:stop:(Prepare for the high pitched whine) WAHHHH:sob:....can't they just bring Horizons back?!?!?!?!?!?
And there's my answer. Just build it once more, exactly as it was! :blush:
Rachel

jclightchasr
11-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Well I wouldn't start from scratch. I would construct a sleek futuristic updated version of Horizons it could simply be called "New Horizons" The building would be shaped the same but would be more streamlined and shiny (perhaps a stainless steel look with purple light accents or something) The scenes would be original starting with the Jules Vernes Scenes but all would have a more modern look. The omnisphere theatre would be larger and have more intricate graphics. All music overlays would be updated with original scores and digitally enhanced. The underwater scene would actually be underwater. There would definately still be the smell of oranges in the agricultural scene. And the choose your own ending would have your cars dock into a port that tranforms the car into a simulator ride just for that sequence. Just my own thoughts on the matter. In world showcase I would add Australia.

drkfj
11-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Like the others I would likely rebuild, update something that is gone. Initially Epcot had a lot geared toward the sciences and technology, but the newer items tend to dumb it down. Given the advances in Medicine and Life Sciences I would rebuild The Wonders of Life. I would include a new ride, an update of Body wars? Like Universal does with Spiderman or Disney's soarin'.

That would be neat I think

EPCOT84
11-20-2007, 05:33 PM
My EPCOT Refurb Wish List

General
* Bring back the name "EPCOT Center" and the original font and logo. They did it for one day. Bring it back permanently.

Futureworld

* Re-theme Test Track: Start the loading area with the idea of building tomorrow's cars, more concept cars that change each year, the riders are testing the cars of tomorrow. The initial tests are 'today's roads'. Then later tests, right before the collision test, brings into the future so when you 'crash' through the gates to the outside, you 'crash' into the future in your high speed concept car.

* An updated Horizons !
* Imagination: More Figment ! :figment: I am glad I never saw the Figment-less JII. Make him the official mascot of EPCOT Center !

* If today's Disney World needs character greeting spots, I'd build a permanent character greeting pavillion with better theming for each character. The existing one in Innoventions looks too temporary. would use the shuttered Wonders of Life pavillion and adapt it for character greetings, character related merchandising, and use the Body Wars ride vehicles for a new ride.

Worldshowcase

* Work with the countries to build more rides to make it more interesting for kids. Japan, France, and China now all have their Disney parks. Bring in a small ride or attraction from their parks adapted for their pavillions at Epcot.

TDL used to have an attraction on Japan's history called "Meet the World" with a catchy tune and a Carousel of Progress style theatre. I remember there was talk of bringing it to Epcot but never happened. In the meantime the one in TDL closed. I say take it out of mothball and bring it over. Yes, I know, it will be too boring for today's kids but then again, all of Epcot was not intended to be a thrill ride park. Remember the original vision.

* It is high time to add a new country or region. In terms of general geographic groups, Europe, the Americas, Asia, and Africa/Middle East are represented. Oceania should be next. Australia.

* Get rid of the princess dinner party at Norway. The parents, strollers and lines were blocking the area and really has nothing to do with the country.

mrsHerbie53
11-20-2007, 08:46 PM
I like the idea of more Space in a space pavillion. I really liked Mission:Space this time when we went. I avoided it when it first opened because of my asthma, but this trip did the Orange version and it was good. (I sure am glad it only lasted a few minutes as I was about to lose it.)
But to have a place to "play" in Space would be cool. A weightless area. A food area built around Tang and that kind of thing. To see some of the skills and tests that astronauts go through. I'd love to learn more about satellite communications and the physics involved in space.
Wow -- that would be cool! They wouldn't have to compete with NASA just up the road, but they could pull something more off...

Mackflava99
01-14-2008, 12:15 PM
1.) An Austrailia pavilion would be nice - lots if ideas could develop about themed rides.
2.) Bring back horizons or put something in there.
3.) Use figment more
4.) We need to make sure the countries are not just thought of as dining experiences. Alot of people just view them that way, but we all know they are alot more. Do you really stop by Germany much because it has no ride or movie? ( well yes the beer, pretzal and chocolate make me stop ) But many people do not- But i bet most people do go to Norway, because of the ride. Even if they don't like food.
5.) get more characters walking around- they are very sparse.

MickeyChick
01-14-2008, 12:57 PM
I think that each country in the World Showcase should have a ride and a show. Some of the countries are just food and that's kind of lame, even if the food is great.

I'd love to see Australia added, maybe Brazil, Holland, Italy, Spain... there are lots of interesting and different places that would really enhance the World Showcase.

And I second all the stuff everyone else said, especially about MORE FIGMENT!