PDA

View Full Version : non-expiration tickets, age change

drkfj
11-20-2007, 12:22 PM
If I buy the non-expiration tickets for my eight year old and don't use all the days, then 4 years from now we go back and she is 12, will she have to pay a surcharge to get in?? ( given she will then be past the 3-9 age that she will be when the ticket is purchased)

I am afraid the answer is yes, but I think this should not be so. If I am buying a ticket, shouldn't it be usable in the future. I am paying $13 a day more now... shouldn't that be their cost?

merlinmagic4
11-20-2007, 12:34 PM
If you buy your 3-9 year old child a ticket, and it is non expiring, Disney will upgrade the ticket for free when they turn 10. I learned this right here on Intercot!

My 10 year old is still using his ticket that I bought when he was 8 :thumbsup:

Taja
11-20-2007, 12:35 PM
I believe you are right--the answer is yes.

The remaining ticket days value would be appllied toward an adult ticket.

That was one of the nice things about the old invididual ride ticket books. The unused tickets always could be used by the next child--sometimes in the family or gifted to friends.

McGoofy
11-20-2007, 01:14 PM
It won't cost you a thing as long as first use is when the child is under age 9.

I had no trouble with a child ticket thas was about 20 years old! I just typed this in another thread that was regarding tickets from the 70's:

A few years ago, somebody gave me 2 tickets--one child and one adult ticket--that were from the 80's. The tickets were good for MK and Epcot (since those were the only 2 parks that exsisted at the time.) I took the 2 tickets to guest relations. They had this huge notebook full of plastic pockets that contained probably every kind of ticket that they possibly ever made. The CM flipped through the notebook. (It was like looking at baseball trading cards.) He found my tickets. He took them and exchanged them for 1 day park hoppers. He even upgraded the child ticket to an adult ticket. He said that obviously whoever bought the ticket at that time wasn't a child anymore! Since the tickets back then did not have any expiration date, it was no trouble at all to exchange unused days for current park tickets.