PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing Disney Moment?

poeticeclipse
11-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Have any of you ever done or said something that made you feel a little "silly" in the moment after?? I thought it'd be funny to share stories of embarrassment and even CM reactions.

My mom had to use the restroom so we stopped off in the restroom by Cosmic Rays and waited outside for her. We were quite a ways back and were talking amongst ourselves. My brother noticed her going into the mens restroom and alerted us. We watched in amazement just waiting for her to notice what she had done. After about 5 seconds she was practically speed walking out of the restroom and made a beeline for the correct facility. We were all laughing so hard when she came out and had to tease her about that for the rest of the day.

My moment was at the Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon. I'd done this many times that day and wanted to go one more time before DH and I left to go back to the hotel. I dipped into the water and began my way across. After about 10-15 seconds I noticed that I couldn't breathe right. I tried to take a slow deep breath and noticed that WATER was going up inside of my mask. Why's that? Well, I forgot to put my mouth piece in and it was just floating beside my mask. I freaked out and tried to put the mouth piece back in without thinking. Of course, I didn't realize that WATER would go into my mouth because it was already in my tube. I began choking on water in the middle of the Shark Reef. I looked up and saw a CM looking strangly at me fluttering in the middle of the pond. I swam quite quickly (without my legs) across and jumped out. My husband got out maybe 2 minutes later and asked me "hunny, why'd you go so fast?" :blush::blush:

MsMin
11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
On this last trip I asked my dd to get me a coke from the vending machine and handed her 50 cents while I was busy chatting w/ her brother. She held her hand open and said SERIOUSLY MOM???? 50cents? This is DisneyWorld. This was loud enough to entertain everyone at the bus stop.
:blush: The drinks were actually 2.50 from the machine.

Tinkerfreak
11-20-2007, 12:50 PM
A couple of years ago while staying at the AKL my MIL and I took the kids to the pool and decided that we would try the hot tub after they were done. We walked over there and I was about to get in when I saw DH come to the hot tub. I was looking at him and not paying attention and instead of stepping on the step to get in I stepped right over the side and it was deeper than I thought so I almost fell right in on top of a few other people who were allready in. I just sat down and turned towards DH who was trying hard not to laugh at me. It would not have been so bad but I am a bit Pooh shaped so I made quite a splash. :blush:

disneymom15
11-20-2007, 12:52 PM
I went into the womens restroom at Epcot. Went into the stall to do my business. As I sat there I noticed the person in the next stall with their feet pointed in the wrong direction. I thought, how odd. I exited the stall and washed my hands. The door to the stall opened, out walked a boy (about 14) hitting his hand to his forehead saying STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. I, for the like of me, don't know how he got in there without see it was a womens bathroom. There had to be atleast a dozen females in there.

DisneyTwirler13!
11-20-2007, 01:12 PM
This was a couple years ago, but my family and I were at Epcot, just walking around Future World, going in and out of MouseGear and Innoventions. There was this couple behind us with three kids; one, a girl about 8, one, a boy about 5-6, and the other one, a boy I think, was probably about 2 or three and was in a stroller. The toddler in the stroller was directly behind my then 7 year old brother. One of the older children, the boy I think, was eating a lollipop, and gave it to his little brother to hold and he decided to play with it for a moment. Unfortunatly, this child was one of those that likes to throw things, and the lollipop landed dead center on the back of my brothers head! To make things worse, the mother, who was also pregnant, came rushing up to us to tell us about it, and slipped in a puddle of spilled Coke! They were both fine... eventually... after we got the lollipop out of his hair, helped the lady up, and offered to buy her a new shirt for her troubles (which she declined). Sorry about that being a little long...

biodtl
11-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Last year, I was waiting in line at AK with DS-10 and DD-2 to meet Mickey and Minnie, when DD said, "Mommy, I have to go".

I turned to look at her and saw her standing spread-legged, with a tiny river flowing. Luckily, it wasn't much and ran right into a little drain-like area (and it didn't show on her clothes). And thank goodness no one was looking at us at the time.

I shoud be more embarrassed to admit this part, but just then, it was our turn to meet the characters, so we walked up, got an autograph, snapped a photo and ran off to clean up.

MMouse6937
11-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Ours was probably on the family raft ride at TL. We decided to put me, DH, my dad and mom all in the same raft. NOT a good idea. Way too much weight. Our butts kept dragging on the bottom and we pretty much went no where fast. Then they take our picture at the end like it was the ride of a lifetime. I thought my mom was going to die :D

SignguyTom
11-20-2007, 06:11 PM
At DL when I was about 14, my friend & I were next in line for Space Mountain:

CM: How many?
Us: Two.
CM: Three.
Us: No, two.
Us: There are only two of us.
CM: OK, then would both of you go wait on #3 please?!
Us: Oh. Yeah... OK. :blush:

BronxTigger
11-20-2007, 08:28 PM
So I was at the Animator Academy thing in MGM, sitting in the front row. They have these little fold out stools that you sit on. Well, I leaned forward a little to work on my picture and the thing snapped back into place against the little wall. Fortunately, since I wasn't really sitting on it, I didn't fall, but it made a really loud BAM and everybody was asking if I was okay. At least I wasn't the only one this happened to...somebody else had the same problem about 5 minutes later! :secret:

Here we go again...
11-20-2007, 11:55 PM

:funny::funny::fresh::funny::funny:

Mickey 101
11-21-2007, 12:26 AM
A couple of years ago while staying at the AKL my MIL and I took the kids to the pool and decided that we would try the hot tub after they were done. We walked over there and I was about to get in when I saw DH come to the hot tub. I was looking at him and not paying attention and instead of stepping on the step to get in I stepped right over the side and it was deeper than I thought so I almost fell right in on top of a few other people who were allready in. I just sat down and turned towards DH who was trying hard not to laugh at me. It would not have been so bad but I am a bit Pooh shaped so I made quite a splash. :blush:

:D I did the same thing once. I was trying to avoid having to make the other guests move away from the entrance area to the jacuzzi, so thought I would just slip in on the side unnoticed. That didn't work out so well when I practically fell all the way in because the bench was further down than I thought. After we got situated, my DD looked at me and said, "Do you feel stupid???" Very uncool.....

Tinkerfreak
11-21-2007, 02:45 PM
:D I did the same thing once. I was trying to avoid having to make the other guests move away from the entrance area to the jacuzzi, so thought I would just slip in on the side unnoticed. That didn't work out so well when I practically fell all the way in because the bench was further down than I thought. After we got situated, my DD looked at me and said, "Do you feel stupid???" Very uncool.....

Oh good I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who has done this and felt like a clumsy fool.

SurferStitch
11-21-2007, 03:17 PM
About 6 years ago or so, I got body slammed by a CM during an E-night in front of Cinderella Castle.

He was looking one way while walking toward me. I didn't know that at the time because I had my back to him. I quickly turned around to walk with my DH (in the oncoming lane of the CM), and....

:eek:

BAM!!!!

:crazy:

We body slammed so hard it took my breath away for a minute. He was so apologetic, and even though I was in pain, the humiliation of it hurt a lot more. DH still kids me about it to this day.

crazeedizneefinatic
11-21-2007, 04:19 PM
This happened about 2 years ago. I will not mention who I was traveling with because she would absolutely KILL me!

Anyway......

We were standing on the bench along the wall next to Aladdans Magic Carpets in MK. Well lo and behold "this person" who was standing on the bench saw a palmetto bug. It was HUGE! I immediately jumped down. "this person" who just could not get it right could not move except to run down the length of the bench yelling would you help me at me. The bug just seemed to follow her. Well in the meantime I tried to stop laughing I went over to help her down and she tooted. By this time a CM had come over to see what the fuss was and walked into the fumes. I was hysterical!! "this person" gets embarrassed very easily and does not normally do things like this. The CM walked away quickly. We both broke down laughing so hard. My husband and son were on the carpets and when they came off we were still hysterical. Now every time we pass that spot I cannot stop laughing.

Sorry if that offended anyone, it truly was an embarrassing and hysterical moment.

SignguyTom
11-21-2007, 04:44 PM
This happened about 2 years ago. I will not mention who I was traveling with because she would absolutely KILL me!

Anyway......

We were standing on the bench along the wall next to Aladdans Magic Carpets in MK. Well lo and behold "this person" who was standing on the bench saw a palmetto bug. It was HUGE! I immediately jumped down. "this person" who just could not get it right could not move except to run down the length of the bench yelling would you help me at me. The bug just seemed to follow her. Well in the meantime I tried to stop laughing I went over to help her down and she tooted. By this time a CM had come over to see what the fuss was and walked into the fumes. I was hysterical!! "this person" gets embarrassed very easily and does not normally do things like this. The CM walked away quickly. We both broke down laughing so hard. My husband and son were on the carpets and when they came off we were still hysterical. Now every time we pass that spot I cannot stop laughing.

Sorry if that offended anyone, it truly was an embarrassing and hysterical moment.

:funny::haha:

Way too funny! You know, a conversation on embarrasing moments would seem incomplete without a good "toot story". :oops:

LizLovesDiz
11-24-2007, 08:35 PM
One morning I wanted to get a photo of my DD under the Animal Kingdom sign.I couldn't get it all in,so I kept backing up backing up,just a litlle more and fell into a bush!I wonder how many people have that on their video cameras! :blush: :funny:

Kairi_7378
12-01-2007, 11:11 AM
When we went to WDW in 2007, it was my first "grown up" trip to the World. Neither DH or I had ever stayed on property or used the dining plan. I assumed that when I made our ADR's and told them that we were using the dining plan, that our meals would automatically be deducted from our meal allotment. Our first sit down restaurant of the March trip was at the Brown Derby, where they once again asked us if we were on the dining plan. Well, we eat our meal without ordering any extras (beverages, etc.) and when the bill comes, I stick a $5 in the card holder but neglected to add a room key because they thought that they had our information. DH went to the restroom and I went outside to take some pictures of the brooms in front of the restaurant. All of the sudden the server runs up behind me and grabs me and yells, "Miss! I'm sorry but you didn't pay for your meal!" I wanted to crawl into a hole. I was so embarrassed that I tried to pay for a $96 meal with a $5 bill. I apologized profusely to the server and straightened everything out with the restaurant staff. That's when DH arrived from the restroom, oblivious that anything had happened.

SBETigg
12-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Ours was on the Jungle Cruise. It was our childrens' first trip to WDW and my son, 10, was blown away with WDW's attention to detail and "Disney Magic."

So there we are, first time on the JC, with a boat almost all to ourselves, only one other family, and the skipper. It was the first ride of the day. There used to be a scene (not sure about now) when you passed Pygmie Warriors, and the natives were restless-- they shot at us, with mock shots skittering in the water.

My big brave ten-year-old son screamed like a girl, dodged across the boat, and threw himself on the floor. The rest of us all looked at each other and the skipper broke character to bust out laughing. We all assured my son that it was fine, and he recovered, stood up, brushed off, and explained that with Disney's attention to detail he didn't know if they were "really shooting" or what was going on. The skipper explained that Disney would never allow real shooting and on we went. I was glad it wasn't a more crowded boat. We still tease him about it.

RedheadWriter
02-08-2008, 05:00 PM
The Year 1997
The Place In Front of Planet Hollywood DownTown Disney
The Event Bryant Gumbel's Golf Charity Event with TONS of NFL players. They were eating at PH that night. We were not invited (gee I wonder why)
My mother embarrassed me SO bad. TWICE. She barged into the event buffet and began to fill a plate with food. I was whispering "mom, that is for the people here for the event..." she abandoned the plate while I hid in a corner.
Then we are leaving and she spots Bryant Gumbel and proceeds to scream out "OHHHH it's Bryant Gumbel!! Oh my God!!!!" I was mortified.:blush:
I still tease her about this today.
God Bless her.

MicMouse
02-08-2008, 09:36 PM
July 2004
I was in Frontierland near the Country Bear Jamboree looking for a restroom and I asked a cast member where they were.....

Well, this particular cast member was like the Sheriff or something and he handcuffed me to his wrist and started yelling, "this lady needs to use the restroom, does anyone know where the restroom is?" I thought my husband and son were going to wet themselves they were laughing so hard. I was really embarassed :blush:

It was pretty funny. I hope he's still there!!

elmjimmlm
02-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Last year we were eating at Whispering Canyon and it was time for the kids to ride around the room on the horses...We were watching when my phone rang...I was having trouble hearing so I put hand up to my other ear to try to hear better...Just then a waiter walked by and asked me if I needed him to make everyone be quiet so I could hear...I was so embarrassed that my legs felt numb...I hung up the phone so fast and told him no thank you...I was so relieved that he walked off and did nothing...Then I got up and went outside...It took me a few minutes before I got the nerve to go back in...I was afraid that when I went back in that I would be pointed out...I know that was a quick meal for us...I couldnt wait to leave...

poohbearlover15
02-09-2008, 03:40 PM
My moment was at the Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon. I'd done this many times that day and wanted to go one more time before DH and I left to go back to the hotel. I dipped into the water and began my way across. After about 10-15 seconds I noticed that I couldn't breathe right. I tried to take a slow deep breath and noticed that WATER was going up inside of my mask. Why's that? Well, I forgot to put my mouth piece in and it was just floating beside my mask. I freaked out and tried to put the mouth piece back in without thinking. Of course, I didn't realize that WATER would go into my mouth because it was already in my tube. I began choking on water in the middle of the Shark Reef. I looked up and saw a CM looking strangly at me fluttering in the middle of the pond. I swam quite quickly (without my legs) across and jumped out. My husband got out maybe 2 minutes later and asked me "hunny, why'd you go so fast?" :blush::blush:

My moment was similar to yours. I was doing shark reef for the second time that day and i started out fine. Then all of a sudden my mask fell off along with the snorkel and i somehow forgot to swim. I started kicking my legs, even though you wernt supposed to. Finnaly a CM swam over and helped me to the end. I was so embarassed and i will NEVER swim at shark reef ever again! :unsure:

mouselover93
02-10-2008, 09:58 PM
well 1 time i fell UP the steps at cbr. another time i walked into a wall in magic kingdom. and another time i yelled mom ran up and grabbed then at the waist and it was some dude with long hair:ack:

DisneyDudet
02-11-2008, 03:13 AM
This last time, in Oct during the Intercot meet, a whole family wearing the Incredibles shirts were walking by. You know how popular that is, right?

Well, my mother shouts, "Look! Its the Impossibles!" And we just DIED laughing. I'm sure others heard us, but its a good story for every trip!

milhouse
02-11-2008, 10:56 AM
On our last trip in May, we took the most embarrassing bus ride of our lives. After a night of shopping at DD, my wife, DS(7), DD(5), and DS(1) climb on the bus back to Pop. The wife is sitting with the baby, kids are standing with me and I have the bags and the stroller. It's about 10pm and the bus is full and dark. As it gets on the rode, the baby pukes all over DW and not a little "oops a little throwup" but a full head to toe soaking upchuck. DD(5) is standing right next to the scene and once she gets a whiff she throws up as well.

So after I fight the urge to stop the bus and have them deposit us on the side of the road, I resign myself to ride it out. The whole bus is now quietly gagging, trying to hold down their dinners. It was a long, long 15 minute ride. Then right before pulling into Pop, the lights are turned on and we all get a good look at the scene. It was not good.

Everyone on the bus must have thought we were horrible parents, dragging around a sick kid. But he wasn't sick before and he was fine after.

DisneyDog
02-11-2008, 11:24 AM
My DS also lost his dinner at the buffet at Norway. He was just an infant, still in a carrier, but it was quite a mess.

When he was about 2 year old, we were waiting to meet Goofy and Max at Epcot. My son's name is also Max, so I was very excited to introduce him. I didn't notice anyone around, so I walked right up to them. However, apparently, there was a line that I somehow missed. Goofy and Max were both trying to pantomime to me to go back and wait in the line. Really, it was kind of silly because I went over to where they were pointing to, and there was no line. So, I walked around in a circle and then they waived me on. It was incredibly embarrassing and very confusing since they don't talk.

c&d
02-11-2008, 02:08 PM
My happened years ago. We were leaving Epcot and were about to board the bus when my lens cap fell off my camera and rolled under the bus. I started to look for it but didn’t want to hold up the line so I decided to get on the bus. The CM asked what was wrong and I said I dropped my lens cap, no big deal, I’m forever losing them and proceeded to get on the bus.

We were near the beginning of the line and it was close to closing so the bus got completely filled and we were way in the back. Anyway, the bus closes its door and starts to pull away and then stops, the doors open again and there is the CM yelling from the front of the bus, to the lady who dropped your lens cap I have it. Just raise your hand and we’ll pass it back. I don’t know why, but I got really embarrassed and couldn’t raise my hand, so DH raised his and started looking at me and saying why won’t you raise your hand. There was just something about everyone on the bus looking to see who dropped their lens cap that I couldn’t raise my hand. For the rest of the trip, every time we boarded a bus, DH, MIL or SIL would ask if I had my lens cap.

MegaDisney
02-11-2008, 11:45 PM

LOL!!!
Thanks for sharing!

poeticeclipse
02-12-2008, 11:01 AM
My happened years ago. We were leaving Epcot and were about to board the bus when my lens cap fell off my camera and rolled under the bus. I started to look for it but didn’t want to hold up the line so I decided to get on the bus. The CM asked what was wrong and I said I dropped my lens cap, no big deal, I’m forever losing them and proceeded to get on the bus.

We were near the beginning of the line and it was close to closing so the bus got completely filled and we were way in the back. Anyway, the bus closes its door and starts to pull away and then stops, the doors open again and there is the CM yelling from the front of the bus, to the lady who dropped your lens cap I have it. Just raise your hand and we’ll pass it back. I don’t know why, but I got really embarrassed and couldn’t raise my hand, so DH raised his and started looking at me and saying why won’t you raise your hand. There was just something about everyone on the bus looking to see who dropped their lens cap that I couldn’t raise my hand. For the rest of the trip, every time we boarded a bus, DH, MIL or SIL would ask if I had my lens cap.

HAHA! Oh my gosh I had a similar experience but not at Disney. I was on a bus trip with my sister in laws employer on our way to Chicago to shop. Well, I was looking on the floor of the bus and saw lipstick rolling around. I thought to myself "ugh, that's mine." I sat there for a good 5 minutes debating whether or not to say anything. Then I look down and the lipstick is gone. A few seconds later a coworker of my sister in laws stands up and says "is this anyones lipstick?" I don't say anything right away but just as I was going to, my sister in law said "What color is it?" She says the color name and opens the cap and my sister in law says "is it really rounded because if it is, it's mine." Turns out mine was in my purse the whole time and she had the exact same Mary Kay lipstick with her. I spent all the time worrying what I was going to say. haha.

Dopey's Girl
02-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Mine was just last month in MK...I;m literally still recovering!

It had just rained..not long, but very hard, and I was cutting across from Liberty Square to BTMRR on the dock like path in front of Tom Sawyer island. I was trying to hurry around a family that was having some sort of stroller issues, and I biffed it. Fell like a ton of bricks. I landed so hard on my knee that tears spring to my eyes and I just wanted to melt right into the landscape. Then the dad with the stroller issues, comes running over to hoist me up. He was very nice, and wanted to make sure I was ok, but I just wanted to die of embarrassment.:blush: It was horrible!!!

My knee is still black n blue and it's been nearly a month!

RedheadWriter
02-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Turns out mine was in my purse the whole time and she had the exact same Mary Kay lipstick with her. I spent all the time worrying what I was going to say. haha.

Ehat color was the lipstick? I used to sell Mary Kay. I loved Mocha Freeze and Downtown Brown :)

Disneymom4ever
02-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Well, mine was just in August. We were in a gift store in Epcot (the one by the lake as you enter World Showcase) and I was looking at something. Keep in mind there was a huge display of Mickey acrylic plates, glasses, bowls, etc. behind me. So my DS called to me, and as I turned around to go to him, not remembering I had a backpack on, down went the entire display! Plates and bowls and cups went bouncing all over. You could have heard a pin drop. I was so embarassed! This nice man in line came over to help pick up, and said "Well, at least we know they're durable!" My kids said they can't take me anywhere. So, guess what I got for Christmas? An entire 4 piece setting. :mickey:

goofysbabe
02-14-2008, 02:45 PM

:laughing::laughing::here::joy::haha:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-16-2008, 11:37 PM
I had to come back to this post. Keep the stories coming.

disneylovinmom
02-17-2008, 03:19 AM
We were on our way back to OKW fro AK because my daughter was feeling queasy after riding Expedition Everest 3 times in a row. We were the only ones on the bus and sometimes they will stop at the hospitality house first if they don't have a full load, well of course this bus driver would not. We rode all the way around the resort and with one stop to go before we could get off at our stop, my 13 year old DD PUKES EVERYWHERE!!!!:sick::sick::sick: By that time, some snooty girl had got on around towards the back and she she was not impressed. I tried to get the driver to pull over when I realized she was really sick, but it was too late. We pulled up to the front of the resort and there were a whole bunch of people waiting to get on and there was puke everywhere. I was so embarassed. I don't know what the protocol is for cleaning up a mess like that, but surely the driver did not let all those people on. He said not to worry and he would take care of it. I really still feel bad about it. In hindsight, we should have gotten off and walked around the resort, but I had no idea she was that sick.

Ghost * Hostess
02-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Last year during the Christmas party the park was not crowded. There was no line for Space Mountain so I decided to go on. My dh stayed with my dd who is too small to ride. I haven't been on this for a while and I forgot how much fun it is. I was in the front and screamed and laughed the entire ride. When I exited the ride I was so out of breath I had to sit down on the floor to catch by breath again. There was so many people looking at me that I made believe I was tying my shoe lace so not to look like a fool. My husband was in the game room and was like, what took you so long.

OhToodles!
02-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Mine actually happened on the way home from Disney. It was a few years ago and this was one of the times we drove. Well, I had to use the restroom (I was always the one that had to ask to stop-my SIL & MIL were glad when I joined the family for this reason, so I could ask to stop instead of them) and it was pouring out. My FIL tried to help by pulling up the the entrance of the gas station so I wouldn't have as far to go. I opened the door and tried to run inside, but I was wearing flip flops so I wasn't able to run because of all the rain. It all happened so fast - my feet came out from underneath me and I fell so hard on my tailbone. Some man picked me up, but I was so emabarrassed I couldn't even thank him - I didn't even look at him - just got up and walked straight to the bathroom. To make matters worse my backside was sopping wet and I had to sit on a towel the rest of the way home.

My FIL & DH still say something about this incident to this day.

PirateLover
02-19-2008, 01:41 AM
Thankfully I don't have anything really embarrassing but there was one thing this last trip that was pretty funny. We were watching the new Oh Canada film. Now to preface this, I am a very proud Philadelphian. Whenever I see anyone in WDW wearing Philly gear I make it a point to wave, smile, and sometimes yell at them or strike up a convo. It's kind of like an instinctive reaction for me to respond positively almost instantaneously when I see Philly sports paraphenalia.
OK, so back to the movie. Oh look, THE PHILLIES "P" symbol!!! Of course I go "Woo!" not terribly loud, but loud enough. The the camera pans out and it's MITCH WILLIAMS throwing the pitch to JOE CARTER of the Toronto Blue Jays who of course proceeds to hit the ball out of the park and win the World Series for the Blue Jays. DUH? Why else would the Phillies be in a CANADA film????? I could feel my face turning red.:blush: John (my fiance) was just laughing at me. Then I got really depressed because I released that hour after hour, day after day, everyone gets to see that pitch. :(

missouridisney
02-20-2008, 06:03 PM
This is great, I got some laughs today. I work in a health clinic and with all the flu and virus we have seen and all the patients everyday that we have to see, we are wore out and tired of sickness, so the laughs felt good.:funny::joy::laughing:

TikiDave
02-21-2008, 06:58 PM
My embarrassing moment came while I was a CM at EPCOT. I worked @ a merchandise whse., and after lunch, we would walk around World Showcase. As we were walking, a little boy ran up to me and pointed out that I had become a target of a bird flying overhead, which must have eaten too much and was sick. The whole back of my white shirt was just about covered in, yea, you got it. We had to take a quick run backstage and catch the bus to wardrobe.