PDA

View Full Version : Review of Lilo & Stitch breakfast at 'Ohana

JerseyMouse
11-20-2007, 07:33 AM
I am a huge Stitch fan, so that is the main reason DW and I dined there on our recent trip. After the meal was over, we both agreed that it was a good thing we saw Lilo and Stitch, or it wouldn't have been worth the trip, sorry to say. The food just wasn't very good.

I am more than willing to sacrifice a bit of quality to dine at an all-you-can-eat locale, but the eggs were too runny, the bacon tasted more like bacon flavored chewing gum. DW, who NEVER complains, had to have our sever get her eggs that were actually cooked.

It's a shame, because this is such a fun time, otherwise. Stitch is causing havoc throughout the place, they have a couple small parades around the tables, and the service was fine. The food, however, was lacking, sorry to say.

Kairi_7378
11-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the review! I'm glad that you enjoyed meeting Stitch even though your breakfast wasn't good. I hope that your great experience at Crystal Palace helped to make up for your bad one at O'hana.

Melanie
11-20-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the food. We loved the food there and can't wait to return. In fact, the whole experience (food, family style dining, location, character interaction) make this breakfast our favorite. :stitch:

SBETigg
11-20-2007, 08:48 AM
We haven't been in years, back before it was Lilo and Stitch, but the food was really good then. We loved the waffles. I'm sorry it sounds like it was pretty bad for you. Glad the characters made it worthwhile. Thanks for the review.

disneydrmr
11-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Sorry you had a bad food experience here... when we went back in December the food was excellent! And yep.. Stitch caused a lot of havoc! He even salt and peppered our plates! And dumped our sugar packets all over our table. It was one of the best dining/character experiences we had during our trip. Thanks for sharing your review!

poeticeclipse
11-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the review! We're planning on trying this breakfast on our next trip in May. I'm a huge Lilo fan so that's the main reason I want to visit. Hopefully, she'll want to have breakfast with me too :)

kakn7294
11-20-2007, 09:38 AM
We went here in August and it turned out to be the worst dining experience of our trip. The food was good - mostly typical breakfast food except for the juice and breakfast breads - but we had other issues with this experience. Our problems began when we checked in and discovered that we were in the reservation system for 7:55 pm instead of am (even after I confirmed it twice :confused:). Fortunately, they still seated us with a short wait of no more than 10 min. However, where we were seated, the characters had just passed by and we waited over an hour for only Mickey and Stitch. Pluto was taking his good old time and Lilo was "sick" according to the server although Stitch said she was really out surfing, so no Lilo. We ended up leaving disappointed in our experience.

TKDONALD
11-20-2007, 09:39 AM
I HAVE TO SAY THAT EVERY TRIP I HAVE TAKEN, WE HAVE EATEN THERE. WE LOVE IT SO MUCH FOR THE ATMOSPHERE AND THE FOOD.:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
11-20-2007, 09:41 AM
"The eggs were too runny"?!? That doesn't necessarily mean not cooked. Some folks like them that way and that's preference not a problem with the restaurant. Even scrambled somewhat running is not necessarily wrong.

Maybe you could give a little more about that to tell us how they were something other than personal preferene which I assume you are telling us they were.

May524
11-20-2007, 10:17 AM
I've been to this breakfast before Lilo and Stitch, and remembered LOVING it. We are trying it out on our next trip (leave Friday) hopefully we won't be dissapointed, but thanks for the review! :thumbsup:

jrpersinger
11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
First I am sorry you had a negative experience. I would definatly not count it out tho after just one try!

We LOVE Ohanas! Food was wonderful, character interaction was better there then anywhere we went. Stitch attacked me, made me drop a fork in my lap then laughed at me. Then he grabbed my neices autograph book and wrote over Minnies autograph. He was a Hoot. My youngest DD, my neice and nephew led the dance line with Mickey and my oldest DD went with Lilo. Ohanas its now a must for every trip!

SurferStitch
11-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Sorry you didn't care for your meal.

We had an excellent breakfast there last December, and will be back in a couple weeks!

We actually thought the bacon was delicious. I wasn't expecting it to be so thick and perfectly cooked. Eggs were nice and dry (not runny), and everything else was great (except for the coffee :sick:).

In the 45 minutes or so that we were there, we saw every character, and even had Lilo visit us twice. Sounds like you just had an off day.

bouldertcr
11-20-2007, 09:36 PM
My son (9) and I had our very first character breakfast ever at Ohana's and it was one of the highlights of our first trip to Disney!!!! I thought the sweet bread, juice, and skillet of food (eggs, sausage, bacon, and potatoes) was terrific! But want really made our visit special was our server (she was enthusiastic and fun) and Stitch, Lilo, and Mickey. Stitch was a "hoot". My son and I loved his shenanigans!!! It was a great time. I am sorry that you had a different experience.

dolphinmickey9170
11-21-2007, 11:15 AM
We had a great time in August, but Lilo was sick for us too. So, they had a Minnie Mouse surprise instead. It was nice. The food was great!! We didn't have one complaint from our table of 8.

DizNee143
11-21-2007, 11:58 AM
"The eggs were too runny"?!? That doesn't necessarily mean not cooked. Some folks like them that way and that's preference not a problem with the restaurant. Even scrambled somewhat running is not necessarily wrong.

Maybe you could give a little more about that to tell us how they were something other than personal preferene which I assume you are telling us they were.

no need to get snotty now...jeez...
maybe they were extremely runny...and maybe they really werent fully cooked...who knows..we all werent there for there breakfast..but it seems they had that fixed when asked for them to be cooked more..
and unfortunately i noticed that at pretty much any resturant in the world (not just disney world)..they like to keep the eggs kinda wet...:ack: i like mine fully cooked..googey eggs are nasty!!

tinksmom02
11-21-2007, 09:04 PM
and unfortunately i noticed that at pretty much any resturant in the world (not just disney world)..they like to keep the eggs kinda wet...:ack: i like mine fully cooked..googey eggs are nasty!!

I've noticed that too. I am a fan of nice, dry eggs LOL I think serving them just slightly underdone (or slightly runny) allows a little "wiggle" room on a buffet or a family platter. If dry eggs sit for a while, they congeal. If wet eggs sit, they don't congeal as fast. Just my crazy egg conspiracy theory LOL

Anyway, to the OP...sorry you didn't enjoy your meal. We had breakfast at Ohana's in 2004, pre-Stitch, and I remember enjoying it immensely. My mouth still waters thinking about that sweet bread!

Maybe give it another try on another trip, and hopefully Ohanas can redeem itself. :mickey:

ElenitaB
11-21-2007, 11:35 PM
We all have different food preferences and that should be respected.

We very much enjoyed our experience at the 'Ohana breakfast and am sorry that you didn't. I am glad to see that your CM did get your DW's eggs.

I've been known to vow never to go back to a WDW restaurant due to the food not meeting our expectations, only to return years later with friends and discover that the offending restaurant is now one of our favorites (in our case it was Mama Melrose... though we might have to give 'Ohana's dinner a second chance).

JerseyMouse
11-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks for all the replies, it sure seems as if I'm in the minority here

Side note...(I always ignore the snotty responses, not worth my time)

May have to give this a 2nd chance, guess we'll just have to go back to WDW now to try it again...gee, what a shame...;)

thejens
11-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Just have to add I wasn't impressed with the food either in May 2007. I did enjoy the characters but thought the food was so-so, especially compared to Crystal Palace or Cape May breakfasts. There wasn't as much variety as I would have liked and the temperatures were on the cooling off side. I also disliked the texture of the eggs, kind of slimy and over stirred. A fun place, but I'll stick to dinner at Ohana's for now on.

DisneyAddict62
11-26-2007, 09:44 AM
I have to agree with you JerseyMouse, we were just there Saturday and I was less than thrilled. We had better breakfasts at the food court at Pop and since there are 7 of us, it would have saved us $100! The character interaction was okay, though we had to wait a while for Mickey to make his way to us. I doubt we will be back.

Jared
11-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but thanks for posting a review. With the exception of Boma, my family rarely eats a table service breakfast because the food is always bad, especially at buffets and family-style restaurants.

January-2007
11-28-2007, 12:33 PM
We've been to the breakfast at 'Ohana twice so far. Last May was our first visit. It was a lot of fun but DH and I didn't care for the bacon, sausage (I never eat either anyway, but DH likes it usually, just didn't care for it here), or eggs. When we returned in September for our first morning breakfast we just asked the waiter not to put those items on the platter. He said he would be more than happy to give us something else if we wanted, like cereal, etc. However, the potatoes, biscuits, Hawaiian bread, waffles, juice, hot tea, chocolate milk, well you get the idea, was definately enough. That's what we're going to do from now on, then no wasted food and all yumtastic fun with Mickey and friends! We love 'Ohana, we went for dinner there twice in one trip last time, 3 times on that trip all together including breakfast. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your breakfast. We've just taken to enjoying what we enjoy and asking the rest to not be served.

King Triton
11-28-2007, 12:45 PM
I am a huge Stitch fan, so that is the main reason DW and I dined there on our recent trip. After the meal was over, we both agreed that it was a good thing we saw Lilo and Stitch, or it wouldn't have been worth the trip, sorry to say. The food just wasn't very good.

We had the opposite reaction. Due to some minor scheduling changes, we couldn't get into Chef Mickey's for breakfast, so we booked O'hana. The kids didn't really care about Lilo and Stitch, but were happy to see Mickey. We thought the food was quite good and a nice departure from the load-up-your-plate buffet.