PDA

View Full Version : Why So Many SSR Resales?

rodkins
11-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Does anyone have an idea why there are so many resales of SSR? I know the property is big and one should expect there to be numerically more offerings than other resorts, but still, there appears to be far too many listings. Is there an epidemic of buyer's remorse that I should know about? Also, is Disney less likely to exercise ROFR on below market bids since they, too, are selling the property?
Getting ready to take the plunge...water's up to my ankle.

JPL
11-19-2007, 10:16 PM
I know some people purchased at SSR and then they announced AKV so some people are selling to purchase there.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
11-19-2007, 10:36 PM
I don't know why there are so many resales but, there is absolutely no buyers remorse for our family.
We love SSR. We were thrilled with our stay in September..everything about it. The resort is gorgeous. The fact that it is a large resort is not a negative for us, we actually like it.
We plan on enjoying many vacations at our home away from home.

Now, we just have to add on some more points. ;)

BigRedDad
11-20-2007, 07:19 AM
There may be no direct reason. however, the current economy could be one large reason. The US$ isn't worth diddly right now, recession on the verge during an election year, and ARMs about to mature which will cause 450,000 foreclosures. Things just aren't bright here right now or for the foreseeable future.

MarkC
11-20-2007, 09:47 AM
I also think that this resort is the largest so statistically speaking that would be expected. Also, since a lot of people recently became aware of DVC a lot of them purchased without fully realizing the time and financial investment they were making. Just a guess.

NewmanFamily6
11-20-2007, 01:05 PM
While my family loves SSR some folks just like to be closer to the action. WLV is close to MK. BWV is close to Epcot. AKV is of course close AK. SSR is close to DD not quite the same appeal for some:mickey:

CarolMN
11-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Why do you say there are "so many" SSR resales? What is making you say that there are more SSR contracts for sale than there are other DVC resorts?

If you are looking at an online broker's website, all you are seeing is what they happen to have at a particular moment in time. There are lots and lots of brokers that resell Disney timeshares. Only Disney has any valid history/data that would allow us to say with any confidence that a particular DVC resort is reselling out of proportion to its size and age.

So maybe you are really asking why TSS (or whoever) has so many SSR resales on their website at the moment? That's a whole different question than the one most people here are trying to answer.

FWIW, I would put no stock whatsoever in the number of resales currently listed by online brokers. It wasn't all that long ago that someone on the DIS was asking the same questions about BWV, VB & OKW - those are the only ones I can remember for sure right now. It is possible that the question was also asked about the other DVC resorts at some point - online listings are just a snapshot in time. Unless you have some data from Disney, that's all you have - a snapshot of one broker's listings. Not anything you should base a decision on. My opinion. Yours may be different.

KevGuy
11-20-2007, 05:23 PM
There are double the amount of rooms at SSR, thus double the amount of resales. In fact I think there are an extrordinary amount of BCV resales right now. Is Stormalong closing or sumthin? :secret:

DisneyGiant
11-23-2007, 01:25 PM
No buyers remorse here.

Purchased at SSR in 2004, and again in 2007.

We've yet to stay there - preferring Boardwalk or Beach Club when available - but I'm sure one of these days we'll stay there.

I chose to purchase SSR over resale due to the longer contract.........

Hammer
11-23-2007, 02:19 PM
No buyers remorse here.

Purchased at SSR in 2004, and again in 2007.

We've yet to stay there - preferring Boardwalk or Beach Club when available - but I'm sure one of these days we'll stay there.

I just to purchase that over resale due to the longer contract.........

Is the contract longer than 2054 if you buy from Disney vs. resale? I am in the process of purchasing an SSR resale and my contract ends January 31, 2054.

DVC Mike
11-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Is the contract longer than 2054 if you buy from Disney vs. resale? I am in the process of purchasing an SSR resale and my contract ends January 31, 2054.

All SSR contracts end in 2054.

All AKV contracts end in 2057.

Most OKW contracts end in 2042. New contracts (or older contracts that have been extended) end in 2057.

All other existing DVC resorts end in 2042.

MinnieMommie
11-23-2007, 11:47 PM
I don't know if there is a higher percentage of DVCs at SSR on the resale maket compared to other DVC resorts after comparing number of rooms at each resort but I do know that I have absolutely no buyers remorse. We are very happy with our decision to purchase there. As far as Disney's right of refusal on resales my sense is that Disney is no more or less likely to be willing to let a property go for less than its value regardless of the property. I'm sure someone will respond to this aspect of your question who may have specific information about this. :mickey: