PDA

View Full Version : Help for EPCOT dining

kittyk15
11-19-2007, 11:03 AM
I will be at Epcot next month for work. We want to dine at Epcot for dinner- someplace nice and I thought that some of the restaurants have preferred seating for illuminations?

Anybody have any information or suggestions?

This is the first time in a long time I've been to Disney without kids, so I don't know how to plan the "adult" things.

Thanks

JerseyDad
11-19-2007, 11:10 AM
....not so sure as to what you mean about "preferred seating" (best viewing vantage point...I guess?) but the Rose and Crown (England) has a great view if you get seated in the outdoor terrace area facing the lagoon.

BTW....wherever you choose to have dinner...make the reservations A.S.A.P. We just came back from WDW and the wife made our dinner reservation in Mexico and Japan....6 months in advance.

faline
11-19-2007, 11:16 AM
The Rose and Crown is the only table service restaurant that is lake-side for Illuminations viewing. While you can request patio seating when you check in at the podium, they do not guarantee you will get a seat on the patio. If you are seated indoors, they will allow you to go outside during Illuminations to watch the show.

The counter service restaurant in Mexico also has lakeside tables and chairs. This is first come, first served and fills up quickly (and quite some time in advance).

Mysttree
11-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Our favorite is the Rose & Crown- out on the patio. Some things you want to consider is that there is almost always a line of people waiting who have requested the patio and you cannot reserve this ahead of time. Here are some hints.
1 Find out what time Illuminations will be showing that night.
2 Make your reservation for 1 to 1 1/2 hours ahead of Illuminations time.
3 Get to the podium EARLY (maybe even an hour ahead of time) to request that you get seated on the Patio.
4. Plan on eating a nice, long dinner...to make it worth their while, don't eat and then just sit & sit...order dessert, or drinks :beer:...something to give them a reason to just let that table sit for the time it will take for Illuminations to begin. BTW they do have a nice liqueur menu.
IMHO it is VERY rude to just occupy the table for hours and not do this. After all the CM's that work as servers have to make a living too!

SBETigg
11-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Our favorite is the Rose & Crown- out on the patio. Some things you want to consider is that there is almost always a line of people waiting who have requested the patio and you cannot reserve this ahead of time. Here are some hints.
1 Find out what time Illuminations will be showing that night.
2 Make your reservation for 1 to 1 1/2 hours ahead of Illuminations time.
3 Get to the podium EARLY (maybe even an hour ahead of time) to request that you get seated on the Patio.
4. Plan on eating a nice, long dinner...to make it worth their while, don't eat and then just sit & sit...order dessert, or drinks :beer:...something to give them a reason to just let that table sit for the time it will take for Illuminations to begin. BTW they do have a nice liqueur menu.
IMHO it is VERY rude to just occupy the table for hours and not do this. After all the CM's that work as servers have to make a living too!

Worth noting that they no longer accept requests for patio seating. It's so popular that they can't guarantee it and have made it one of those things that comes luck of the draw. Also, there is a requested time limit on dining at Rose & Crown now. They have put up signs that specifically request diners keep to a two hour time limit on meals. Not strictly enforced, I'm sure, but the request is there.

Anborn
11-26-2007, 02:39 PM
While it doesn't offer viewing of illuminations.... Le Trois Chef restaurant in France is my group's (6-7 ppl, ages 25-60, all very familiar with DW) favorite place to eat in EC. I don't think any of us have been disappointed with any part of our meal when we eat there. It's become a "must eat" while we visit the parks.

Was there 3 weeks ago with a party of 9, and everyone left stuffed and had nothing but good things to say. 3 of our group hadn't eaten there before and our waiter was very helpful to those persons explaining various dishes and offering suggestions. While the food is always great, I think I was most impressed with the maitre d... while waiting to be seated (we showed up early for our ADR), I saw him personally speak to and engage every group that was seated before us, and every group as they left. Thought it was an excellent touch to the dining experience.