PDA

View Full Version : `Celebrity Apprentice' Stars Announced

Carol
11-19-2007, 10:44 AM
`Celebrity Apprentice' stars announced
By FRAZIER MOORE, AP Television Writer
1 hour, 22 minutes ago

At a locked-down news conference in Manhattan last month, the cast for "Celebrity Apprentice" was introduced to members of the press. Everyone was sworn to secrecy.

Now the secret can be told, says NBC, which made public Monday the names of the cast members.

Not that they needed any introduction. Not all of them, anyway.

Not Omarosa, remembered for making everybody mad as a contestant on the first "Apprentice" season in 2004.

Why did Omarosa agree to come back?

"I did it for redemption," she told reporters.

Vincent Pastore (aka "Big *****" from "The Sopranos") was also instantly recognizable.

So was Stephen Baldwin, who explained his participation by noting he already had "done a bunch of reality ... I thought it would be fun to play the game."

Likewise Gene Simmons of Kiss, star of his own reality series and unabashed self-marketer.

"I'm in the Gene Simmons business," he said, so doing "The Apprentice" can only help promote his many other ventures. "Everything helps everything."

But others on hand did need a bit of introduction.

Like Nely Galan, former entertainment president of the Telemundo network and executive producer (and "life coach") of "The Swan," an extreme makeover program that aired on Fox a few years back.

Or the vaguely familiar-looking woman introduced as Marilu Henner, best-known from the sitcom "Taxi" a quarter-century ago.

The 14 celebrities won't be vying for a job with Donald Trump, as in the previous six "Apprentice" seasons, but instead will compete in business-oriented tasks around New York City to raise money for their favorite charities. The official "Celebrity Apprentice" will win a $250,000 bonus to donate.

Tasks will be judged in the boardroom by executive producer-host Trump and his advisers, including, once again, his children/colleagues Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr.

As they met with the press in mid-October, the gathered rivals were set to face their first challenge the next day, when taping began. The show debuts Jan. 3.

Cast members for this rejiggered "Apprentice" — which in the past relied on scrappy, ambitious star-wannabes — were selected from a field of some 125 celebrity applicants, Trump told reporters.

"They were all begging to be on the show," he said. "The hardest thing was breaking it down to these 14."

One deciding factor: Each of the chosen has had experience in business, Trump said. "These people have all done something very dramatic with money."

Can they do it again, with cameras watching every move?

Actress-model Carol Alt acknowledged some initial nervousness.

"They're going to follow us in real time and that's scary, of course," she said. "I think with most all of us, we want control of our image — it's part of the work that we do."

Galan echoed Alt's trepidation.

"I've produced reality shows," Galan said. "To be on the other side is a little creepy. It's my karmic boomerang."

Other cast members include country music star Trace Adkins, Olympic gymnastics gold medalist Nadia Comaneci, Playboy Playmate of the Year Tiffany Fallon, Olympic softball gold medalist Jennie Finch, heavyweight boxing champ Lennox Lewis, "America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan and Ultimate Fighting Champion Tito Ortiz.

------------------------------

You will not catch me watching this show. :ack:

Scar
11-19-2007, 11:19 AM
You will not catch me watching this show. :ack:I didn't even like reading about it. :ack: :ack:

2Epcot
11-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Cast members for this rejiggered "Apprentice" — which in the past relied on scrappy, ambitious star-wannabes — were selected from a field of some 125 celebrity applicants, Trump told reporters.

"They were all begging to be on the show," he said. "The hardest thing was breaking it down to these 14."

I have enjoyed the Apprentice shows, but I think this will probably be as bad as the celebrity Mole, that just ruined that show, which was one of the best reality shows on TV.

The group of "stars" is not very impressive. If this is the best of the 125 celebrity applicants, it makes me wonder who the others were.

JohnHMCWYG
11-19-2007, 11:39 AM
I'll be passing as well, basically because I like VH1's Celebreality programming better. I feel that, even with the censoring, they can get away with more than the big 4 and little 2 can.

I also have other reasons for avoiding the big networks, but I'd rather not explain them.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

KarenP
11-19-2007, 11:39 AM
It returns in January. This time it be a celebrity edition.

The full contestant lineup:
• Trace Adkins (country music singer)
• Carol Alt (model/actress)
• Stephen Baldwin (actor, The Usual Suspects)
• Nadia Comaneci (Olympic gold-medal gymnast)
• Tiffany Fallon (2005 Playboy Playmate of the Year)
• Jennie Finch (Olympic gold-medal softball player)
• Nely Galan (producer, Telemundo)
• Marilu Henner (actress, Taxi)
• Lennox Lewis (former heavyweight champion)
• Piers Morgan (judge, America's Got Talent)
• Omarosa (Apprentice Season 1 contestant)
• Tito Ortiz (UFC champion)
• Vincent Pastore (actor, The Sopranos)
• Gene Simmons (KISS frontman)

TheDuckRocks
11-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Joining the :ack::ack: group!
But to be honest I'll probably find myself tuning in to see if it's as awful as it sounds.:blush:

KarenP
11-19-2007, 12:08 PM
I have enjoyed the Apprentice shows, but I think this will probably be as bad as the celebrity Mole, that just ruined that show, which was one of the best reality shows on TV.

Glad someone else remembers the Mole. It was my favotite reality show ever.

I do like the Apprentice so I will give this a shot but not sure I will like it with the celebs either

Momof2boys
11-19-2007, 12:20 PM
I have to say I'd turn in to see Gene Simmons - we love Family Jewels and he really is good in business so I can only imagine if he has to be part of a team.

mttafire
11-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm a BIG fan of Trump. With Gene Simmons on this show..Im looking forward to it.
Actually im a big fan of KISS also.:thumbsup:
Shawn

mttafire
11-19-2007, 01:42 PM
I have to say I'd turn in to see Gene Simmons - we love Family Jewels and he really is good in business so I can only imagine if he has to be part of a team.
Agreed. Gene is am American success story.
He was Born poor (in Israel) and through work and perserverence he acheived Success. No excuses, He just did it. Yes, He is a business GENIUS.
Shawn

d_m_n_n
11-19-2007, 02:28 PM
:sick::sick::sick:
No worries about me watching it!
:sick::sick::sick:

KarenP
01-05-2008, 11:02 AM
So did anyone else watch? I really enjoyed it. I disliked Omarosa as much as ever. I was wishing she would be the one to go, but I knew they would keep her around for the drama. I am looking forward to next week's show.

Ian
01-05-2008, 11:04 AM
I watched, Karen.

I liked it, too, but I gotta tell ya ... these celeb idiots better step up and play the game. I mean if this was regular Apprentice, Omarosa would have been gone. The fact that they lost was completely her fault and yet they all stood around and let her throw that girl under the bus without saying anything about it.

I was actually really mad they let her get away with that. She should have been gone.

2Epcot
01-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I watched the show too ... it was better than I was expecting it to be. The show still has the feel of a regular Apprentice, hopefully that will continue.

Shugoondola
01-05-2008, 06:58 PM
They are stars??? :shrug:

:mickey:

conorsmom2000
01-06-2008, 10:11 AM
I liked it, too, but I gotta tell ya ... these celeb idiots better step up and play the game. I mean if this was regular Apprentice, Omarosa would have been gone. The fact that they lost was completely her fault and yet they all stood around and let her throw that girl under the bus without saying anything about it.

I was actually really mad they let her get away with that. She should have been gone.

I watched it to and I agree - the fact that they lost was completely her fault and she should have been gone. Everyone kept saying that Tiffany should have called Hefner, but I missed the part where they went from "not using their celebrity" to where Marilu called in her contacts. Did they all suddenly start calling in favors? I don't know why they made such a big deal over Tiffany not making a call when I only saw Marilu Henner do it...? :confused:

KarenP
01-06-2008, 11:58 AM
I watched, Karen.

I totally agree with you, Ian. Tiffany should have argued that the only reason she did not even consider calling Hef or anyone else was that Omarosa instucted them all they were not to use their celebrity. Marilu took it upon herself to make calls to some of her contacts. None of the others made calls either, hence this was reason they lost.

murphy1
01-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Omarosa is not nice, she'll be kept a long time for ratings. I just read Tiffany is pregnant and didn't say anything. I like her, she's from FL and GA, too. She should have called Holly, Hef's gf and could have gotten it done. I only got to see the last few mins. of the show, I'll try to watch next week. Love Gene Simmons. Now if they got one of the guys from Aerosmith, that would have been even better.

Momof2boys
01-07-2008, 09:19 AM
We never watched Apprentice until this past season when they were in CA, so we were completely out of tune to who Omarosa was. Ugh, she's terrible.

I didn't think that Tiffany fought enough to save herself.

And I can't wait to see how Gene offends Ms. Trump ;)

Ian
01-11-2008, 08:35 AM
I totally agree with you, Ian. Tiffany should have argued that the only reason she did not even consider calling Hef or anyone else was that Omarosa instucted them all they were not to use their celebrity. Marilu took it upon herself to make calls to some of her contacts. None of the others made calls either, hence this was reason they lost.EXACTLY!!!

I thought to myself, "Oh boy ... Omarosa has these poor celebs completely overmatched."

And last night was the same exact thing. No one could even really quantify why they thought Nadia should be fired. It was just sort of these vague mumblings ...

I almost feel bad for the woman, because quite honestly I think they're outclassed by the men at this point. I thought their video looked amateurish and a little hokey. The men's, I thought, was professional enough to run on T.V. and no one would think twice. Of course, Trump and the client obviously agreed.

The women may be in for a long season this year. I just hope they quickly turn on Omarosa and get her out.

KarenP
01-12-2008, 10:37 AM
At this rate, the women will be pretty well outnumbered soon. They may have to switch up the teams with a mixture of men and women before long.

Ian
01-12-2008, 11:11 AM
At this rate, the women will be pretty well outnumbered soon. They may have to switch up the teams with a mixture of men and women before long.I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen.

KarenP
01-26-2008, 06:10 PM
I cannot believe the women lost again. I thought for sure they had this one in the bag! I felt bad to see Jennie go, but she just could not seem to step up or speak up for herself.

tinkerbelle75
02-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Anybody still watching this??
I thought what happened between Omarosa and Piers was so uncalled for! She is such a nasty little ghetto you-know-what, and bringing his kids into it proved that. I have never seen anybody who is such a person of no substance at all think that highly of themself. Somebody needs to put her in her place, but I am wondering if she'd actually notice. I think DT did the right thing by not firing anybody from Trace's team, but I would have fired that woman regardless of the rules!

conorsmom2000
02-17-2008, 10:00 AM

I almost can't believe that we did watch it! :confused: I'm no fan of Piers but that whole episode was just painful to watch - there are just no words to describe Omarosa. I was cringing listening to her rants and attacking Piers' family. That was beyond low and uncalled for. I was very impressed that the Donald did not fire anyone from Trace's team because they all really did work at the task - there was no weak link. But either Piers or Omarosa should have been fired, regardless of winning. But, my husband thinks DT loves the controversy! But Omarosa hit a new low that night - she was just awful. :mad:

2Epcot
02-17-2008, 04:09 PM
I thought what happened between Omarosa and Piers was so uncalled for! ... I would have fired that woman regardless of the rules!

I I'm no fan of Piers but that whole episode was just painful to watch - there are just no words to describe Omarosa. I was cringing listening to her rants and attacking Piers' family. That was beyond low and uncalled for. But either Piers or Omarosa should have been fired, regardless of winning.

I agree with you both. That episode was very hard to watch. Omarosa was just unbelievable. I was sure Donald was going to fire her, even though the team won. On the other hand, I also agree a part of Donald probably likes that she stirs things up so much. The one thing Piers said that was correct, she is NOT a celebrity, and on these task where they need to bring it lots of money, she can't do it. Omarosa was acting like a child.

Carol
02-23-2008, 08:40 PM
One more season for Celebrity Apprentice

A second season of Donald Trump’s The Celebrity Apprentice has been approved, set to debut in January next year on the NBC network.

"We are blown away by the cast's drive, energy, and passion to not only play the game but also to raise a lot of money and awareness for important causes," Craig Plestis, NBC's head of alternative programming, said. "There's no other show like it to prove your business brain and we are already getting calls from high-profile celebrities who want to challenge themselves in season two."

The first season of the show, currently showing on Thursday nights in the US, will end with a live finale on March 27.

2Epcot
02-23-2008, 09:38 PM
A second season of Donald Trump’s The Celebrity Apprentice has been approved, set to debut in January next year on the NBC network.

Interesting to hear ... I thought the celebrity version of this show would be the sign of the end. I've always liked the show, though I'd rather see regular people playing the game.

mjaclyn
02-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I agree with the previous post - I enjoyed the apprentice much more when there were regular people playing. I think Trump made a mistake when he moved it to LA and made the candidates sleep in tents in his backyard. That was the worst season I had ever seen! Before that happened when the people were in New York it seemed professional and exciting. I wish they would go back to the original concept.

A comment about the current show - I am SO SICK of Omarosa!! I cannot believe how unprofessional and ridiculous she acted with Piers. Yes, Piers can definitely be abrasive and insulting but not to the level that Omarosa stooped to. I personally can't wait to see her gone.

Carol
02-24-2008, 08:29 AM
It's all about ratings. The show was all but canceled - when they decided to do the celebrity version. The numbers have been very good. Of course with LOST back and the writer's strike over that changed.

My problem with the show is Trump. Hence I don't watch this program. ;)

DanDisney
02-24-2008, 10:05 AM
I love this show! This is a must see for me! Most of these people I never heard of! I mean most if not all of them are B or C list celebrities. Gene simmons was prolly the most famous of the bunch. I wonder if gene really wanted to be there since he gave himself up like that. I think carol should have been gone by now considering it looks like she does the least of the bunch. But I wouldnt be suprised if she won. Gotta love the fighting between omarosa and pierce! I still say trump can control the game because hes the one firing people. I dont think they would get rid of omarosa or pierce until the end because of ratings. I was reading somewhere where they are making another season of the the CA so it will be interesting to see who they get! The only thing that bothers me is when trump says " get outta here after he fires them. Is it really necessary that he say that? i dont remember this before.

JanetMegan
02-25-2008, 09:19 AM
I actually prefer the Celebrity version, I like how the money goes to charity etc. This has been my favorite season so far of the show!

magicofdisney
02-27-2008, 08:40 AM
I agree with the previous post - I enjoyed the apprentice much more when there were regular people playing. I think Trump made a mistake when he moved it to LA and made the candidates sleep in tents in his backyard. That was the worst season I had ever seen! Before that happened when the people were in New York it seemed professional and exciting. I wish they would go back to the original concept.

A comment about the current show - I am SO SICK of Omarosa!! I cannot believe how unprofessional and ridiculous she acted with Piers. Yes, Piers can definitely be abrasive and insulting but not to the level that Omarosa stooped to. I personally can't wait to see her gone.
:mad: I almost believed she had changed. That episode was unbelievable. She just proved me wrong and now I think she needs to go, but I suspect she'll stick around simply for the ratings.

LibertyTreeGal
03-06-2008, 06:55 AM
I was sorry to see Tito go, but watching him deliver the pitch to the execs was excrutiating. What were they thinking?

One thing, Omarosa wanted to be PM and the second Trump said the PM's would be on the chopping block if they failed she immediately backed off and asked Tito if he wanted it..... not cool. The woman is like a cockroach, you can't kill her.

JanetMegan
03-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Anyone other than me think the ad with Trace Atkins was smokin hot? ;)

TheDuckRocks
03-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Anyone other than me think the ad with Trace Atkins was smokin hot? ;)

Oh, yeah!

magicofdisney
03-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Well, she's gone and none too soon. I can't believe Trump said he was an Omerosa fan. A fan of what? I mean, sure, she's as arrogant as him (if not more) but what other qualities does she have he could possibly admire? She didn't do jack for her charity.

I'd really like to see Trace take this thing. BTW, what does the winner get? A REALLY big check for his/her charity?

KarenP
03-08-2008, 06:58 PM
:yay:All I can say is FINALLY she is gone!! :yay:

2Epcot
03-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Well, she's gone and none too soon. I can't believe Trump said he was an Omerosa fan. A fan of what? I mean, sure, she's as arrogant as him (if not more) but what other qualities does she have he could possibly admire?

Trump was a fan of Omerosa only because he knew she would stir things up and hopefully make people watch the the show. I'm glad she's finally gone.

wdwgrl377
03-13-2008, 06:20 PM
:yay:All I can say is FINALLY she is gone!! :yay:

Thank Heavens she's gone!! I'm sure they kept her around for a while just b/c they knew she'd stir up things and start a big mess. I'm just glad she is gone too!

It's getting close to the end....

Disneypixie513
03-14-2008, 09:41 PM
What'd you all think of last nights episode? I was sad to see Trace and Steven lose since they worked so well together. But I was rooting for Trace and i'm glad he's still in..For now. Phew was the last twist a shocker! It's going to be hard waiting for next weeks episode.

Oh and We went to Quiznos today and My Mom,my sister and I all got the "Cowboy Club" Sammies..Ohh they were so good! :cloud9:

LibertyTreeGal
03-14-2008, 11:13 PM
I was sorry to see them lose too. I am sick of Piers' attitude and all of the backstabbing. I am also sick of him using Lennox Lewis for EVERYTHING... good grief. I had to laugh out loud when Steven said they would do a "knockout" theme and then those very words popped out of Piers' mouth.

And I thought their sandwich sounded dumb. Cowboy Club for me for sure, I'll be having one tomorrow!

So who will be the final two? Will trump finally get rid of Piers in favor of someone else? maybe Lennox Lewis vs Trace Adkins? I doubt Carol will make the final two.

Personally, I have been shocked at how well Trace has performed. He is very intelligent, for sure, and very creative, and VERY decent. Certainly the most decent person of the three guys left, no contest.

KarenP
03-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Trace and Steven deserved to win the Quiznos task. At least they designed their own original sandwich. All Piers did was take the most popular one, change the type of cheese and have Lennox sell it yet again! I was glad that they were not allowed to use any of their outside contacts for this challenge. That was getting old.

I am thinking Trace and Piers will be the final 2

Surprisingly, I am really enjoying the celebrity version of this show.

TheDuckRocks
03-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Personally, I have been shocked at how well Trace has performed. He is very intelligent, for sure, and very creative, and VERY decent. Certainly the most decent person of the three guys left, no contest.

I've not been "shocked" at how well Trace has been playing, but I've been very pleased to see what a gentleman he is. I've always liked his singing but now I'm a huge huge fan of him as a human being.

I am thinking Trace and Piers will be the final 2

Surprisingly, I am really enjoying the celebrity version of this show.

Gosh, I sure do hope it's not Piers!

I to am surprised at how much I have enjoyed the show this season. I gave up watching about half way through the second season and had not turned back in until this time and am sure glad I did.

JanetMegan
03-17-2008, 11:04 AM
I have been inpressed by Trace too, he's been doing great...BUT...

Even though the goal has been to see who can raise the most in each task, I was a little surprised to seem them keep Trace since Stephen had won as PM twice and Trace had lost twice. In the regular game I think Trace would have been gone.

I'm glad Trace is still there and I hope he gets some money for his charity. I think Carol Alt has really skated by...

SBETigg
03-17-2008, 11:30 AM
I actually think Piers deserves to win. He's not the nicest person, true, but it's business and he has been a force out there. Trace is my favorite contestant, though. I would like to see Trace and Piers as the final two. The celebrity aspect has made the show much more fun to watch.

KarenP
03-28-2008, 07:11 PM
I hoped up until the very last minute that Trump would choose Trace, but I guess he really had no choice but to go with Piers. I didn't like him but he did a grat job raising money.

SBETigg
03-28-2008, 07:22 PM
I loved Trace, great guy, but he just didn't have the business acumen of Piers and it would have been wrong to choose him simply for being a good guy. Both charities felt the benefit, so it was a win overall for everyone involved. I didn't like the continued portrayal of Trace as the good guy American cowboy and Piers as the big evil Brit. Not that it wasn't true to some extent, but they were laying it on a bit thick.

I do like The Apprentice much better as Celebrity Apprentice. I was done with it as The Apprentice, but I would watch it again with celebs. They gave the show new life and a better purpose.