PDA

View Full Version : Illumination Cruise too smokey?

azdisneymom
11-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Just thinking about taking an Illumination Cruise for the first time but I am a bit hesitant. I have read many posts about smoke being bad. Please, I would love to know the pros and cons. Have you been on one? Would you go again?

TheRustyScupper
11-19-2007, 11:10 AM
1) Yes and No.
2) If the wind blows in your direction, major smoke.
3) And, the smoke usually goes toward Japan or France.
4) A small change in degree, and you get inundated.

Here we go again...
11-19-2007, 11:40 AM
I have not done the Illuminations cruise but I have done the Wishes cruise 2 times. Once was perfect and once it was very foggy and we could not see anything but blobs of lights through the thick fog.

At Epcot we were given special Illuminations viewing passes and it was a windy night. We not only got the smoke, but bits of the fireworks were falling on us. I has ashes in my eyes.... ouch.

So, you never know. It all depends on the wind and the weather. With all of the times we have been there and watched the fireworks I only had 2 experiences that were disappointing due to weather. I think your chances of getting a great view are pretty good.

merlinmagic4
11-19-2007, 11:55 AM
I was worried about this when we did the Breathless IllumiNations cruise in 2005. We did not have any troubles with smoke but, as was mentioned, it depends on which way the wind blows!

Cookie123
11-19-2007, 02:13 PM
I was concerned about this because I have asthma. I still did the cruise, the wind was fine, and the cruise was absolutely perfect !

JPL
11-19-2007, 02:16 PM
It's definately dependent on the direction of the wind. I have been in areas of World showcase when the smoke and ash has been bad when the wind was just right.