PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Gratuity

Dznygrl79
11-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Hi all! I'm just trying to see if anyone can clear up the new 18% added into the bill after Jan 1

Is this for all guests dining on property or is it for DDE and DP guests only? I am organizing a trip for work and giving people costs but that 18% will make a difference.

DDuck66
11-19-2007, 09:44 AM
There was a thread posted, but it was very confusing. The automatic gratuity is for TS meals for those using the DDE.
The DDP will no longer include the automatic tip but it is not automatically added in unless you have a party of 6 or more (or 8, I cannot remember the number).

Tygger7
11-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi all! I'm just trying to see if anyone can clear up the new 18% added into the bill after Jan 1

Is this for all guests dining on property or is it for DDE and DP guests only? I am organizing a trip for work and giving people costs but that 18% will make a difference.

This has been very confusing, but I confirmed with Disney:

1. The automatic 18% gratituity is ONLY for DDE card holders, and parties over 8 people.

2. There is not an automatic 18% gratituity added to Dining Plan guests, however the tip is not included in 2008 so you will need to budget accordingly.

Hope this helps!! :mickey:

Dznygrl79
11-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks so much all, this really helps. I work for starbucks and we are taking a trip at Easter and some of my co workers have never been. We live on our tips at starbucks so we understand the need but I didn't know if we would have to pay 18% all around the world or just when we dine as a large group! As always you guys rock and have all the answers!

poeticeclipse
11-19-2007, 10:20 AM
It seems like they want people to switch from using the DDP to the DDE. I bet they lost some money on the DDP and that's why all of the changes have taken place. Do I like it? No. Can I do anything about it? YES! I shot them an e-mail to let them know how I feel about the situation and gave them ideas as to how it could get fixed and everyone could benefit.

MMouse6937
11-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Stacey, I did the same thing and got a call from them stating my comments were very important and have been forwarded onto management, who knows if it makes a difference, but there might be enough of us. I just think the servers are going to really be disadvantaged by not having the tip added. Plus, I would love to have the option of a dessert OR appetizer. But, anyways, it's free again for us next year, so I won't complain, just bring enough money to cover a nice tip and buy an appetizer if I want one :D

Jared
11-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Starting in January, every bill paid for with the Disney Dining Experience Card will include an 18 percent gratuity.

The Disney Dining Plan will not include the tip unless the group is larger than five people, in which case the bill will have an automatic 18 percent gratuity.