PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Accomodation Input

Miss Mouse
11-19-2007, 01:32 AM
My first post - hi everyone! :)

We are two WDW newbies who are planning our Disney World vacation for next July/August. We are going to be in Florida for quite some time (3 weeks in total) and have booked our hotels for the trip.

For the first week, we will be staying at POFQ, followed by nine days at the Coronado Springs, with the last five nights at the Wilderness lodge.

So, what do you all think? Are our choices good? Is the order good? We are planning on spending the majority of our time at the parks, with a few days elsewhere. For the most part, our off days will be spent relaxing around our resort and exploring the rest of the Disney properties. Do you have any other suggestions for making our honeymoon trip extra special?

Thanks in advance!!

Melanie
11-19-2007, 04:23 AM
:welcome: to INTERCOT and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

IMO, you've picked three great resorts. I spent my honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge, and my 10th anniversary trip at Coronado Springs. And POFQ looks very cozy and romantic. I really like your choices!

Rodders
11-19-2007, 05:30 AM
My DW and I Disneymooned in December 2005 and it was fabulous. Some of the things that we enjoyed are as follows

Wishes on your first night at the end of Main Street :mickey:
When we got to MK we took the ferry across the lake to the car park. Not everyones idea of fun but we loved it
Don't miss Wishes
As you are there for a while I would recommend at least 1 non Disney day at Discovery Cove :secret: I hope I'm not in trouble now :blush:
Did I say Wishes?
Fantasmic isn't to be missed. The fantasmic package may save you some time standing in line.
And make sure you don't miss Wishes :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
11-19-2007, 05:32 AM
Welcome to Intercot! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon!
I think you've picked some great honeymoon resorts. The order is just how I would have arranged my stay. With your long stay you'll have time to enjoy each one. FQ is cute and romantic. The gardens at POR (next door sister resort) are nice to stroll through at night. There are carriage rides and boats to DTD. I've always wanted to stay at Cornado, and I have heard great things about it on the boards as well as from family members who have stayed there. WL is gorgeous and a great way to finish out your trip. Try to get a dinner reservation at Artist Point. For something less quiet and romantic, try Whispering Canon Cafe.

berri_boo
11-19-2007, 07:16 AM
First off...Congrats on your upcoming wedding & honeymoon!

We Disneymooned at PO-FQ last year. It was my first time at WDW & we couldn't have picked a better resort IMHO:blush:. We stayed for a total of 15 days and had a couple days as "relaxation days" where we stayed at the resort, went swimming, took the carriage ride at PO-RS (which was a very nice ride!), walked around, rode the boats to DTD & just leisurely took in the sights at PO-FQ. It's a very romantic resort. Don't miss the show at Scat Cat's....Elliot Dyson (if he is still there) is wonderful!!!!! Oh & try the beignets....they are awesome!

When you go to the parks be sure to grab the "Just Married" pins!

And most of all........
:cloud9:TAKE YOUR TIME & HAVE A RELAXING HONEYMOON!:cloud9:

garymacd
11-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Congratulations on your upcoming special day and trip! I wish we could have afforded something like the trip you have planned when we got married.

You have chosen our two favourite resorts: POFQ and WL. We have never stayed at CSR, so I can't comment on it, but it looks great.

French Quarter is a perfect start to your trip. It will be a nice relaxing spot to recover from the lead up to your special day. Don't forget to try the beignets! The jazz music playing outside Sassagoula Floatworks is wonderful as is the live jazz player on the weekends at the bar.

The architecture is wonderful and the theming is great.

Wilderness Lodge is so incredible. It is a deluxe resort without the pretensions of GF. As someone else said, GF felt like Aunt May's home where you sat on edge and hoped the children didn't break anything. WL is so comfortable and homey that you will fall in love with it.

You must have at least one meal at Whispering Canyon Cafe. And don't forget to ask for ketchup, even if it is for your fruit plate!

KarenP
11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Great choices. I just wanted to say congrats and welcome to Intercot!

brewcrew26
11-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Congrats and welcome to Intercot!!!

POFQ is amazingly quaint and beautiful. I recommend the little paddle boats in the river during some downtime or walking the trail to POR. Enjoy a beignet together and get all covered in powdered sugar.

I haven't stayed at WL or CSR, but I've had the chance to roam around them and they look gorgeous. We're actually eating at Artist Point one night for our special honeymoon dinner in April.

You may want to do a couple's massage together at one of the resort spas. Or, get special photos taken in one of the parks by Disney Photographic Services. Or, if you'd like you can arrange a special bouquet of flowers to be in the room when you arrive for your hunny.

We're also going to get the pins and the bride/groom ears just to see what other extra special Disney magic can happen.

Just enjoy!!

ibrowse17
11-19-2007, 12:16 PM
First of all,:congrats: and :welcome: to Intercot. We honeymooned at Ft. Wilderness, but no matter where you stay it will be a great time. Make sure to inform them it will be your honeymoon when you make ADR's, and before you check in. We got some special little perks most places we went that just added to our Disney/honeymoon experience. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

Miss Mouse
11-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks so much everyone - for your welcomes, your congrats, and for your trip input! Keep it coming! :D

I'm glad to hear that it sounds like we've made the right decision resorts-wise. Alot of people don't understand why we would want to switch hotels so many times, but I just figure if we're going to be there for such a long time (plus, we aren't sure when we will be back) why not experience as much as we possibly can? For those who have stayed on property and transferred before - is it a relatively seamless and easy feat? Any problems with luggage not arriving at your next resort? Any tips for making the transition that much smoother?

Also, thanks so much to everyone who replied with specific suggestions to make our trip that much more magical. ibrowse, we informed them when booking our hotels that we will be on our honeymoon - when the booking confirmations came in the mail they were adressed to Mr. and Mrs. It was thrilling! However, we haven't made our ADRs yet so we will be sure to mention it then as well. What kind of "special perks" should we prepare ourselves for? Brewcrew, we've already been discussing all of the suggestions that you've made so I guess great minds really do think alike! We are considering purchasing the Mickey/Minnie groom/bride ears online prior to the wedding so that we can incorporate them into our wedding photos. We're geeks, I know! And Rodders, thanks for your suggestions as well - Discovery Cove was a must-do from day one! Is it every bit as good as it seems to be? I'm extremely excited to go there! Can't wait to wade with those rays!!

Thanks again everyone. Keep those tips coming! You guys are making our trip planning much easier! :)

ibrowse17
11-19-2007, 06:34 PM
We had special table decoration and certificates at some places, to free desserts at others. We also wore the honeymoon pins that you can get at City Hall. Each time we passed a CM we were greeted with " Congratulations!", and even got singled out on some rides. It was pretty cool, and I hope you have as good a time as we did:thumbsup:

mrsHerbie53
11-19-2007, 07:12 PM
A hearty congratulations!!
:congrats:

Disneyworld is a fantastic way to begin married life! I can't comment specifically on your resort choices, but I am sure they will be magical. :magic:

Enjoy your long honeymoon. It is nice that you don't have to hurry through the parks and resorts. Smell the roses, look for hidden mickeys, and smootch in front of all the attractions!

Bohms4
11-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Miss Mouse - congrats! I love POFQ and WL....two of my favorites. I have never stayed at CSR so I can't comment on that. To answer your hotel switching question, on our last trip, we switched from POFQ to POR. Everything went smoothly as far as our luggage was concerned. My only advice is to not plan on doing too much on the days that you make the switch. We put our bathing suits on and went to the pool at our new resort (POR) and hung out until our room was ready. It was a nice day to relax and then once our room was ready, we settled in and then got ready to go to the parks by late afternoon. That would be a good plan being that you have so many days in WDW. Enjoy!

RedheadWriter
11-20-2007, 06:32 AM
:congrats: on your wonderful resort choices:cloud9: and upcoming wedding!!!!
:welcome: to our little community also.:D
With a trip as long as you have planned, you will really be able to see everything there is to offer at WDW. I can;t wait to read your trip reports!
Rachel

May524
11-20-2007, 10:20 AM
I think you have some great choices, granted I've never stayed at them! I'm from New Orleans, so POFQ and POR never appealed to me, but I do love my New Orleans! As far as the WL, I LOVE that resort! What a great choice! We were debating on staying there for our honeymoon, but chose the Boardwalk. Since you are there for a few weeks, you should go by the Boardwalk for dinner, I suggest Flying Fish :mickey: