PDA

View Full Version : Milk at Pop...

LandFan
11-18-2007, 08:27 PM
I can't believe I can't rememer this as we've stayed here the last two years :cloud9: but is there milk available for the refillable mugs in Everything Pop?

DH and I do protein shakes for breakfast and I have mine with coffee and he has his in milk so I was wondering if there is a milk dispenser on the refillable mug station...

THanks!!

Only 3 more days and 14 hours!!

Pipalotta
11-18-2007, 08:34 PM
I havent stayed at Pop in a few years but will be there again the 2nd week of January! Yay! Anyways I believe that milk is not one of the things offered for the mugs. I believe you have to buy that from the grab and go type area.

LandFan
11-18-2007, 10:12 PM
What about juices? Orange or cranberry... are they on the refillable stations? I'm trying to find an alternative for DH to mix his protein shakes with in the morning...

JPL
11-18-2007, 10:37 PM
There is orange and apple juice available for the refillable mugs :thumbsup:

Pipalotta
11-18-2007, 10:38 PM
I think the things they have for the mugs is like coke soda products, frozen cokes,power aid maybe, coffee and hot water for like tea and hot chocolate. And apparently orange and cranberry jucie although I cant seem to find a listing for them

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-19-2007, 01:55 AM
There isn't cranberry juice for the mugs - only apple juice and lemonade in addition to the sodas.

Not to step over any boundaries, but how long are you guys down here for? Is it possible to just skip the protien shakes for the vacation and just make sure you eat healthy the rest of the time? Unless it's a medical issue, I don't how not drinking protien shakes for a few days is going to ruin his diet (if it's not medical related as pointed above).

LandFan
11-19-2007, 07:24 AM
CaptainJessicaSparrow: It is medical related - we have both had Gastric Bypass Surgery and we need the protein shakes to be able to intake enough protein in a day. We would especially need them at Disney to make sure our energy doesn't lag with all of that walking!

mikelynn91
11-19-2007, 07:28 AM
They've removed the machines that refilled mugs with milk. They have two sizes of milk back in the cooler. One jug has one serving and the larger one can serve two. :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-20-2007, 12:35 AM
CaptainJessicaSparrow: It is medical related - we have both had Gastric Bypass Surgery and we need the protein shakes to be able to intake enough protein in a day. We would especially need them at Disney to make sure our energy doesn't lag with all of that walking!

Ah, okay. Then I can understand. :thumbsup:

Just to throw out some other possible alternatives - what about supplements like pills with the same amount of protien (like the ones that are 500mg, 1000mg, etc) or would those not work?

I know you can buy the milk - they have the 1/2 gallons, pints, and those little half-pint sized that aren't too badly priced. But not on refills. :(

JPL
11-20-2007, 08:52 AM
If it's for medical reasons you can request a free in-room Fridge so you can purchase and store milk in your room. Just be sure to call ahead and mention this.

LandFan
11-22-2007, 11:42 AM
JPL: Thanks bigtime!! I did call down and they are supplying a fridge so we can purchase milk and juice and keep it in the room!!

I don't know, somehow it never occured to me to ask!

SO thanks again - I am in the airport as we speak :D

LandFan

BelleandtheBeast
11-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Well I see you have figured out a plan, good luck and have an awesome trip.