PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion

DisneyJen26
11-17-2007, 03:11 PM
I thought I read a while back that when the Haunted Mansion was being redone, they were gonig to add a photo op at the end of the ride were you had a picture taken with a ghost. Did they actually do that?

1 week till we go "home"!! :D

WDWfanatic742
11-17-2007, 03:32 PM
That was one of the rumored additions, including the Gift Shop at the end, and the real bats in the queue and/or the Stretching Room. None of these came to be however.

RedheadWriter
11-17-2007, 04:38 PM
The real bats in the queue would have been really neat! I hadn;t heard that one!
Rachel

CandleontheWater
11-17-2007, 04:40 PM
I hadn't heard the bats rumor either and although it sounds cool, I bet they would have made a real mess! :secret:

garymacd
11-17-2007, 04:44 PM
I hadn't heard the bats rumor either and although it sounds cool, I bet they would have made a real mess! :secret:

Not to mention allergies to the guano (slippery, too) and diseases like rabies...

WDWfanatic742
11-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah, would have been a logistic's nightmare. Still would have been cool though.

Tuke
11-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Just got back from WDW, and no, they have not added a photo op. However the other changes to HM were awesome. The colors, sounds, and effects have been greatly improved. Hats off to Imagineering, a really really good job!

:thumbsup:

Fallendroplet
11-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Sadly enough, there's no photo-op at the end of the ride. But they have made awesome improvements!! I'm so glad the spiders are gone!! :mickey:

Victor Kelly
11-18-2007, 03:26 PM
What went in the spider's place at the stairwell then? I have not heard what is there now.

McGoofy
11-18-2007, 06:56 PM
No photo op available, but I wish they would do year round what they did for us at MNSSHP. (Although if they did, then I guess that wouldn't make it special for the MNSSHP.) They had a Photopass photographer set up at the bier that is out in front of the HM. He took a couple photos of our family and then on one photo, he told us to point at the seat where the driver would sit and look scared. We really hammed it up for the photo. When we got home and looked at it, one of the ghosts from the HM was sitting in the driver's seat! It turned out great.

We were at MNSSHP on 10/31--Halloween night, and that was the first time I rode the ride since the refurbishment! It's awesome!:thumbsup:

MickeyMousse
11-18-2007, 08:36 PM
We just got back and the photo op that they had was outside where you posed next to the "horse" drawn carriage/hearse. Supposably when you view the pic, there's a ghost in it. :ghost:

garymacd
11-19-2007, 11:06 AM
What went in the spider's place at the stairwell then? I have not heard what is there now.

Can't say. It would ruin the surprise!

McGoofy
11-19-2007, 11:23 AM
We just got back and the photo op that they had was outside where you posed next to the "horse" drawn carriage/hearse. Supposably when you view the pic, there's a ghost in it. :ghost:

Was this during a MNSSHP or during regular park hours?

MickeyMousse
11-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Was this during a MNSSHP or during regular park hours?

During regular park hours. We saw them there 2 or 3 times, the photographers wear the tan vests with the "PHOTOPASS" patches on them.

McGoofy
11-19-2007, 12:08 PM
During regular park hours. We saw them there 2 or 3 times, the photographers wear the tan vests with the "PHOTOPASS" patches on them.

Oh cool. I guess it wasn't just for the MNSSHP. That just happened to be the first time I saw a Photopass opportunity at HM. So now I guess there are photo ops at HM...just not while you are actually on the ride. I loved our pic with the ghost in it!:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-19-2007, 12:50 PM
We would love that!! We've heard about the photos outside the HM for a while, but we've never seen them while we're on our trip.

I bet the pics are awesome...I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for a visit from a friendly ghost.

mttafire
11-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Im anxious to get back and ride the H.M. I have heard nothing but good things about the rehab.:thumbsup:
Shawn

MickeyMousse
11-19-2007, 07:07 PM
The rehab is fabulous! :thumbsup: I am sure you will love it too!

Tigerinvestigator
11-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Our girls got their photos taken with the ghost last May. Photopass is great!

Rodders
11-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Not to mention allergies to the guano (slippery, too) and diseases like rabies...
I don't think that it would be at all practical at HM but I doubt that disease would be a major issue. The animals would be quarantined before going in and as they are in relatively enclosed space they wouldn't be open to catching a great deal. They have a bat cave at my local Zoo and it's great.

The twilight zone (http://www.chesterzoo.org/animalplantdisplay.asp?ID=2)

TwilightZoneCreeper
11-25-2007, 10:37 PM
:number1: I love what they have done to HM. What they did with the bride :bride: is awesome. I wont go anyfurther so i dont ruin surprises. All I say is dont lose your head :)

busterthebronco
11-25-2007, 10:43 PM
just got back and want to echo the praise for the hm!
good idea keeping things secret too.:secret:
my all time ride just got better!:blackcat:

CaptSmee
11-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Just got back from WDW, and no, they have not added a photo op. However the other changes to HM were awesome. The colors, sounds, and effects have been greatly improved. Hats off to Imagineering, a really really good job!

:thumbsup:

I can't wait to see it!

bfbulldog
11-26-2007, 10:43 AM
I rode the mansion the first day it opened and every day after that for a week because I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything, I found the changes made to the mansion to be simply amazing, it's definitely a little scarier than before but not in a bad way.

I don't want to give away any surprise but I was amazed with the changes even though one of the main new effects was not working when I was there, I know that effect is now working.

Basically keep your eyes open throughout the ride from start to end to find all the changes. You won't be disappointed

laward32
11-27-2007, 02:49 PM
We were there the week of Halloween and we took pictures at MNSSHP in front of the carriage and our picture when we viewed it has a ghost in it. We also took a picture during normal park hours in the same spot, but no ghost is in our picture on the photopass website. The one from MNSSHP is awesome. My girls look so cute in it, they really looked scared.:mickey:

EJS-Houston
11-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Real bats are amazing and fascinating creatures...but to attract them to a place as busy and crowded as the Haunted Mansion at DisneyWorld would be difficult...plus there's the guano issue, and the occasional rabies scare alone would be enough to nix that idea from a liability standpoint.