PDA

View Full Version : DDP comments

gerald72
11-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Just a few comments on why I won't be getting the Dining Plan in 2008.

I had the DDP in 2007 and loved it, especially the table service restaurants. WDW offers a great variety of nicely themed restaurants with great food. The restaurants themselves are often an attraction as much as the rides and shows, not to mention offering a relaxing rest from the crowds and and heat.

It is possible to eat at WDW for less money, but the dining plan gives you to opportunity to dine at some of Disney's better restaurants for just a tad more than you would pay for burgers or chicken nuggets. It also gives you a reason to try new restaurants and try new choices.

I would get the DDP again in 2008 if both of the credits per day were for table service restaurants. I don't feel like standing in line and then looking for a place to sit (while carrying a tray of food) at counter service restaurants. Of course, the Deluxe DDP has 3 meals a day, all of which could be used for table service choices. But 3 sit-down meals a day is just too much (too much time, too much food, and too much money). When would I possibly use up the 2 snack credits per day? Would there be time to do anything else? Who eats that much food?

2 table service meals would be ideal. But I am to choose between 1 or 3. I think I'll pick zero, and pay out of pocket for my food.

Plus, in 2007's version, the tip was included. I loved the fact that I didn't have to carry cash around WDW. I only needed to carry my Key to the World card and my PhotoPass card (great if those two could be connected). Sure, I could charge it to my room. But there was a $500 limit to that and, financially, at three meals a day x 7 days x $10 or more tip per meal = half of my limit of spending money for the week.

mcb0420
11-17-2007, 07:35 AM
My wife and I are also thinking this is our last time using DDP for the reasons stated in the previous post. We have used it the last few years and love it, but without the appetizer or tip inclusion it doesn't have the same appeal

We have discussed the Deluxe DDP and eating at a signature resturant each night, but it seems like alot of money. Also, we might turn in our park hoppers this trip for AP's and attend within a year (already planned) for F&W festival and use that discount or possibly DDE.

I am going to miss not looking at the right side (prices) on the menu.

LibertyTreeGal
11-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Us too, even if we ate sig everyday, I remember how sick I was after the Silver plan in 2004 with 2 TS meals a day. I actually did :ack: on day 4!

The average human body is just not capable of digesting that much food in a typical day, and definitely not for an extended period of time. And I don't want to eat fast food either, so for me it's probably "bye-bye" Disney and "hello" to the Civil War battlefields or Washington DC or the Canadian Rockies or someplace like that for our next family vacation.

tiaramom
11-17-2007, 10:00 AM
The 2008 Plan
I Always Thought The Dining Plan Was A Great Added Bonus Disney Had Offered - Until The New 2008 Plan.

My Needs Were :
Not To Carry Money In Park
App Incl.
Tip Incl.

Now-
I Dont Know-
I Cant Posssibly Eat All Counter Service
As Said Prior To This Post- I Dont Have Enough Time In One Day- Taking Way Too Much Tome Out Of My Trip. As It Is I Feel We Eat All The Time. I Like The Idea Of A Choice - But The Extra $$ Is Alot More Than My Pocket Can Handle.
I Dont Care Much For Alot The Counter Service Stops- So The Sit Down Is Appealing. The Cost Isnt!

azdisneymom
11-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Our 2008 trip will be the first time ever using the DDP. I figured if I payed OOP I would be adding a tip so this is a way to manage my finances. Our last couple of trips we averaged just around $30-35 a day per person for food and snacks. We felt the DDP would be in our price range plus we can do a few extras like the Fantasmic Package or Le Cellier which were both a bit too expensive for us in the past.

The only negative would be having to stick with dessert. I would much rather have a soup or salad. Just lost some weight and want to keep it that way.