PDA

View Full Version : Can Adults Ride Too?

PeterPansMagic
11-17-2007, 02:04 AM
Can adults ride on the childrens rides or is there a limit?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-17-2007, 03:33 AM
There are no children's rides at WDW.

They are "everyone rides."

So yes, adults can ride Dumbo too.

gerald72
11-17-2007, 05:37 AM
There are no children's rides at WDW.

They are "everyone rides."

So yes, adults can ride Dumbo too.

This is why I'll drive 1000 miles to go to Walt Disney World instead of the local amusement park.

Kairi_7378
11-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Enjoy the rides! I will caution you that two adults on Goofy's Barnstormer is a tight squeeze (and we are both on the small size!) Have a great time. :thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
11-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Yes, you can ride, just most adults don't ride Dumbo without a child since the wait is looooong and the ride is like 90 seconds long....

wedway76
11-17-2007, 08:54 AM
I believe in "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream" in MGM, I learned that Walt was inspired to build Disneyland when he brought his daughters to an amusement park and he had to sit on the side while his kids went on the rides. He thought it would be a great idea to build a place where Parents can enjoy everything along with their kids, and that idea was carried into all of Disney's parks.

So as others have said… All of Disney’s rides can be ridden by adults.

I think that is the reason why there are so many nutty adults like us that can't get enough of Disney parks, and spend our spare time talking about it on boards like this.

faline
11-17-2007, 09:21 AM
The very best thing about Disney is that pretty much nothing is limited to strictly children! If you want your pic with one of the characters, get on line! If you want to ride Dumbo, ditto!

Go and have a great time!

#1donaldfan
11-17-2007, 04:03 PM
They're all "kid" rides....we're all kids at heart, so I'd say "hop on and have fun"!!!!!.....:mickey:

garymacd
11-17-2007, 04:41 PM
If you take your little ones to the bone yard at AK, there is a jungle gym set. If you are an average to above-average sized dad, DON'T go down the covered slide!

Did that once.

Got stuck.

"But only for a minute or two."

:rotfl:

CandleontheWater
11-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Definately don't skip the "kid" rides! I think that those are some of the best in the park! I love Its a Small World and Peter Pan! I also think that there is nothing better than riding the Carousel at night and watching the lights around Fantasyland twirl by, its pure magic! :cloud9:

mttafire
11-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Good question and great responses!:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
11-18-2007, 09:35 AM
1) Sometimes we forget Walt's basic principles.
2) Sometimes the Disney powers-that-be also forget.

3) Some of his brilliant philosophies
. . . We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together.
. . . You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.
. . . Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money. *
. . . I have no use for people who throw their weight around as celebrities, or for those who fawn over you just because you are famous.
. . . You reach a point where you don't work for money. *

* I inserted these for Roger Ogre and his people. It is time to get back to making the guest #1, and not profit #1. Both can co-exist.
. . .

Fallendroplet
11-18-2007, 10:56 AM
All rides can be ridden by adults. :thumbsup:

PeterPansMagic
11-19-2007, 01:35 AM
Awesome. Thanks for the anwers. Now I wont feel silly if I get on Donalds Boat.:blush:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-19-2007, 01:48 AM
1)
* I inserted these for Roger Ogre and his people. It is time to get back to making the guest #1, and not profit #1. Both can co-exist.
. . .

Did you mean Bob Iger, the current CEO and President?

TheRustyScupper
11-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Did you mean Bob Iger, the current CEO and President?

1) That's the one.
2) Due to his cost-cuts and price-increases we changed his name.
3) We can use his real first name or "Roger".
4) In some business circles, that is not a good nickname.
5) However, for clarity, I will use Robt A. Ogre (or Oger) from now on.

Thanks.

Narawen
11-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the anwers. Now I wont feel silly if I get on Donalds Boat.:blush:

Donald's Boat is technically a play area, not a ride. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought play areas like this did have a max height/age...or adults could only do it if accomapnaied by someone under a certain age. :confused: