PDA

View Full Version : Ohana w/ kids on DDP

luvourtwo
11-16-2007, 11:31 PM
I know that the kids can order from the kids menu at Ohana's on the DDP. Can they still sample on our all-you-can-eat food as well?

Mickey'sGirl
11-17-2007, 10:11 AM
My experience is that there is no kid's menu offered up front. Our children partake of the general "all you can eat" fare. On our last trip, our youngest was not eating well, and our server offered to bring him some chicken fingers and fries later on in the meal.

LibertyTreeGal
11-17-2007, 10:47 AM
The menu states that alternate children's selections are available upon request.

Bruegge
11-17-2007, 11:51 AM
My DD4 is picky, and we asked the server what the kid options were... I think chicken fingers were mentioned but we stopped short of the whole list when Mac and cheese was offered...

We were all happy and will go back next trip

Scott

Here we go again...
11-17-2007, 01:11 PM
They will only bring kids food if you ask for it.
I would encourage the kids to try the food offered at 'Ohana before letting them know that they can get chicken nugget or fries.

My picky DD only ate french fries on our first trip to 'Ohana because the server told her they were available. On the next trip we asked that they not offer a kids meal. My DD ate the adult food and loved it. 'Ohana is now on the top of her list.

magicofdisney
11-17-2007, 06:52 PM
When we were there a few weeks ago, one of the first things our server mentioned were items the kids could order. She offered hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken strips and macaroni & cheese. They also tried several items from fabulous items brought out for the general meal.

TheMartellFamily
11-17-2007, 07:20 PM
The last time we visited O'Hanas we had 8 kids so the server was awesome with the kids. The options for the meats and salads and everything was given to the kids, the same stuff that adults got and then out of the blue he said that he will cover the kids. To our surprize he bought out the same platter we got filled with all the things the kids loved with mac and cheese and french fries and chicken fingers. It was such agreat experience that it is still taked about it today that when we go in Aug, this is the one restaurant that everybody had requested to be put on the list to eat at.

luvourtwo
11-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the responses. We (I) cannot wait for our December trip. I hope that all of my planning helps to make a magical experience for my family.

scvecc
11-25-2007, 10:37 AM
We ate at O'hana's this past week. Our 4 year old DS loved everything that was offered. There is a lot of variety so there isn't a huge need to opt for traditional kids fare, but they did have chicken fingers, etc if we wanted it. Our 1 year old couldn't get enough of the turkey!

Jared
11-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Your children can sample the actual menu offerings even if they order a separate kids' meal. Encourage the youngsters to try the appetizers and grilled meats because the food is delicious. 'Ohana is one of my favorite restaurants in Walt Disney World.

:tasty: