PDA

View Full Version : Best Disneyland Snack Food

MegaDisney
11-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Which Disneyland Snack Food is best in your opinion?

I voted for the Dole Whip....mmmmmmmmm.

NotaGeek
11-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Naturally I voted for Turkey Leg (best eaten at the Lost Bar) but I really wanted to vote for Pink Cotton Candy. HELLO? You forgot PINK cotton candy! :mickey:

BklynChick
11-16-2007, 10:45 PM
I voted for the churro...big surprise!

Actually, one of my truly fave snacks is just outside Disneyland. Across from the WOD store in DD is a kettle corn cart. You can't miss it because a) there's always a line in front and b) you can smell the kettle corn from about 50 paces. This stuff is SOOO good! I actually brought some home with me on the plane :blush:

tinkwest
11-17-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm sure churro is going to win by a landslide, but I don't get overly excited by it (not saying I don't eat them!). Maybe because they are so common here in San Diego.

I considered pretzel because when I am in the mood for something on the "unsweet" side, that is what I would probably go for. But I picked Dole Whip because they are just so cool & refreshing & so Disneyland!

DS isn't much of a snacker so don't know what he would have chosen. DD would have picked popcorn. DH would have liked to seen Corn Dog Castle Corn Dogs on the list. While I consider them a meal (they are huge) he likes to think they are a snack.

EPCOT84
11-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Consider me a traditionalist. I know in this day and age of microwave popcorn, kettlecorn everywhere, I still need my Main Street Disneyland popcorn fix.:popcorn:

Melanie
11-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm sure churro is going to win by a landslide

I'm so predictable. :D Thing is, I only ever have them when I'm at Disney (I refuse to try them elsewhere), so for me it's a true Disney treat. :tasty:

Miss Mouse
11-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Though the Dole Whip is definitely a very close second, I am a HUGE fan of the jalepeno-cheese-stuffed pretzels at Coke Corner. Yum! :eat:

Crystal Palace
11-19-2007, 10:55 AM
I love the Churros!

MegaDisney
11-20-2007, 04:32 PM
HELLO? You forgot PINK cotton candy! :mickey:

LOL yes I did.

NotaGeek + Too Much Sugar = Too Scary!!!!

:blush:

DisneyLandMomma
11-20-2007, 06:01 PM
churros for me too!! :)

EPCOT84
11-22-2007, 07:16 PM
churros for me too!! :)

Especially if they've got carts every five feet !

(See DLR trips reports. A WDW fan said that ! :blush: )

Aisling
11-23-2007, 10:07 AM
How is it that I don't know what a Dole Whip is??? Probably because I'm always at the Churro cart!

Can someone please explain what this is, it sounds very tasty.

Thanks!

EPCOT84
11-23-2007, 02:03 PM
It looks like a soft serve cone but is made from ice instead of cream. It comes in Pineapple flavor at the parks. There is a float also available. It has become a Disney tradition (I just learned it too from these boards).

The Dole product website even mentions SPECIFICALLY it is served at Walt Disney World, Disneyland in California, and the Dole Planation in Hawaii.

Because it is such a rare treat and the Florida weather is so hot and humid,it makes for a delicious treat. Same for those hot Santa Ana days at DL. At WDW, those on the Disney Dining Plan can use their snack credits for it.

Outside of Disney parks, I've enjoyed Dole whip at stands in Waikiki and in the Ala Moana shopping center on Oahu.

Dole also offers orange, strawberry, chocolate and a few other flavors like a swirl, but it seems only Pineapple at the parks.

SleepinB
11-28-2007, 12:39 AM
I had to vote for the churro for my son. He absolutely loves them. Even though they can be found throughout So. Calif., he has to have a number of Disneyland/DCA churros every time we visit. If the Dole Whip stand at Disneyland had the vanilla swirl like MK, churros would have to take a back seat.

Aisling
11-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Yum! I'm going to try one on my next visit.
Thanks for the information!!

2Epcot
11-30-2007, 01:52 AM
Consider me a traditionalist. I know in this day and age of microwave popcorn, kettlecorn everywhere, I still need my Main Street Disneyland popcorn fix.:popcorn:

I agree. When I enter the park and smell the popcorn, I have to have it.

ChipDale
11-30-2007, 01:06 PM
I agree. When I enter the park and smell the popcorn, I have to have it.

Ditto that! :popcorn: That smell gets me every time! :D

Davyjones
12-02-2007, 03:19 PM
I voted for the Dole Whip, but really my vote would go to a Dole Whip Float!!!!!! How can you not like a Dole Whip sitting on top of pineapple juice!?!? And then the Whip starts to melt and mixes in with the juice. :tasty: Mmmmm....Dole Whip Float.........

Sorry. Need to focus again and clean up the drool. :mop:

*tinker_belle*
12-05-2007, 03:02 PM
I voted for churro, i'm a churro NUT!! When i'm not eating them at DL, i buy the freezer kind which suffice between trips. I do love Dole Whip Floats though, those come in a close second. And the Downtown Disney caramel kettle corn near Ralph Brennans is AMAZING!! I hardly ever get it though, but its so good!

Marla
12-11-2007, 02:05 PM
:spy:Here's a F.Y.I. on my last trip into the DLR the Kettle Corn Cart was gone!!!:jaw: And as for the poll this was a very difficult decision but I went with the popcorn.:popcorn::tink:

Marla
12-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi all! We just got back from a trip into the DLR. I have to report that the Kettle Corn Carts are Back:party:. There are two, one is down by the Jazz Kitchen and the other is by the World of Disney Store. :tink:

jrkcr
01-29-2008, 03:15 PM
I know all my family would disagree with me on this...they all love churros. But I like the cold freshness of a dole whip, especially while waiting for the tiki birds to start! :papple::tikki:

joyce
05-08-2008, 02:19 PM
As we are from Rochester, NY we never had a churro before a trip to DL, my 16 year old daughter loves them, (and the frozen don't stand up to the real ones!!) my DH loves the regular popcorn, always have to have some. my 22 year old daughter and i love the dole whip!!!!:)

MatterhornMiss
05-21-2008, 01:27 PM
I also think the Dole Whip Float is the best. I love getting the little umbrella in the drink and being able to enjoy it inside the Tiki Room. When I went back to WDW after being a DL annual passholder for a few years, I was definitely disappointed. The whip floats at WDW don't even compare to DL!

brertosh
05-21-2008, 01:35 PM
No question the Mickey Mouse :mickey: ice cream bar. Mine and my daughters favorite!

*tinker_belle*
05-29-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm gonna join the millions and say churro and dole whip/float. Just the 2 best treats to get while at DL!

CogsworthWest
05-30-2008, 01:12 PM
The veggies are the best snack! Somehow, they're always fresh and crisp and a nice change from all of the sugar and salt based snacks. Trust me, I like my sweets as much as the next person, but I always look forward to their veggies. Despite the fact a pickle is $1.75, I always have one of those too! They're great!!!

Lucille
06-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Dole Whip!

maizey05
06-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Ok everyone, I'm going out on a limb here and vote for something no one has thought of yet. It's unique to DL, it's cold, it's yummy, it's .....Fantasia Icecream! It is sold at the icecream shop on mainstreet, and is a mix of several ice cream flavors and fruit (kinda like spumoni). Love it!:mickey:

tinkwest
06-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Unfortunately Fantasia ice cream was discontinued about 3 1/2 years ago. :(

quest4dl
06-13-2008, 02:15 AM
Just got back and we loved the churros and Dole whip float. Have to say I was quite disappointed with the popcorn - way too much greasy topping and salty! The treats at the candy stores (Marceline in DD, Pooh Corner at DL) are quite yummy too!

disneymother
07-01-2008, 11:01 PM
I say Dole Whip, but my husband says fudge!! He always has to get some to bring home and dream about the parks while we eat it!:cloud9:

DoomBuggyDude
07-02-2008, 01:12 PM
If you see someone trying to juggle a Dole Whip
float, Two Banyan Beef skewers, two red candy
apples in a bag (no peanuts, please) and a
Mickey pretzel with cheese... it's probably me.

I read that the popcorn recipe would be
changing. I was just fine with it the way it was.

:confused:

cindchan
07-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Awww...they don't have the one thing that I really liked. The Ice Cream Cookie! Oh, I loved those things! I tried one for the first time on my last trip, since I had the Dining Plan. Oooooooh!!!! that was the best ice cream sandwich I had ever had! Great big chocolate chip cookies with ice cream. That was just heaven to me!! :cloud9: