PDA

View Full Version : Clash of the Titans Epcot Pick your Favorite!

jclightchasr
11-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Please name your favorite Dole Whip I can't wait to get down their and try out some of your suggestions.

SignguyTom
11-16-2007, 03:53 PM
From what I remember, a Dole whip only comes in one flavor. It's pineapple soft-serve ice cream. You can get it plain or with pineapple juice to make a Pineapple Float. I believe it is only available at the Aloha Isle kiosk in Adventureland at MK.

stephntampa
11-17-2007, 07:58 AM
They also serve chocolate soft serve ice cream.. my husband had a brown cow, aka root beer float.

FormerCastMember
11-17-2007, 08:06 AM
you also can find the world famous Dole Whip in the Polynesian Resort...and the scariest part about that location is that it is a self serve Dole Whip Machine!!!!

SpecJoe Magic
11-19-2007, 05:29 AM
The Enchanted Grove in Fantasyland (just across from Cosmic Ray's) has a strawberry swirl ice cream that's good, but it's not actually a Dole Whip.

kdsjjb
11-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Aloha Isle will make a float with the chocolate or vanilla soft serve as well.

DW likes hers with vanilla soft serve and pineapple juice.

I'm an original pineapple/pineapple guy.

WriteDisney
11-20-2007, 04:51 PM
They have dole whip at the Polynesian?? Just another reason for me to stay there :mickey:

EPCOT84
11-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Can someone please tell me why Dole Whip (compared to other treats, drinks, ice creams, slushies, yogurts) has become such a big thing for Intercotees?

LCPZA
11-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Have you had a Dole Whip?? If not, having one of these delights on a hot day at Disney does the trick.
As far as a drink, you can get soda and juice at home.
Yogurts just are not as refreshing and you can get them at home.
Ice creams that Disney sells-- just not the same- plus you can get them at home as well.
So for now the Dole WHip is the best treat at Disney.

Samtastic
11-21-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that the strawberry swirl and citrus one are the same product. According to the dole whip product website, it does come in those flavors. They are not actually ice cream, but non-dairy frozen desserts so they are lactose free! Also they are 80-90 calories per serving.

EPCOT84
11-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Have you had a Dole Whip?? If not, having one of these delights on a hot day at Disney does the trick.
As far as a drink, you can get soda and juice at home.
Yogurts just are not as refreshing and you can get them at home.
Ice creams that Disney sells-- just not the same- plus you can get them at home as well.
So for now the Dole WHip is the best treat at Disney.

As a matter of fact I've had Dole Whip at the resorts and in trips to Hawaii many times.

At WDW I believe only Pineapple is available but the prior poster is right in there are many other flavors available (likein Hawaii). Maybe for me its not so special or unique then. From what you are saying the dish is "exotic" compared to other refreshments and therefore something to crave when on holiday. I understand now.

By the way, I forgot whether there were smoothie stands in the parks because a Robeks or Jamba Juice type smoothie would be equally refreshing.

For me the Mickey bar was different. Not so much the quality or the ability to refresh but just because its Mickey !:bar:

By the way I AM a fan of the Dole whip too but mostly from trips to Hawaii. I just didn't realize how crazy others were about it at the Disney parks until I started reading the Intercot boards. I even Wikipedia'd just now to see and I guess it is famous at the Disney parks. Wow.